Final Fantasy X HD – Square promises news “soon”

Friday, 11th January 2013 17:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those looking forward to Final Fantasy X HD should hold tight: Square Enix Europe said you will get “get answers soon” regarding the PS3 and Vita update. FFX HD was announced during TGS 2011, and not much has been said regarding the title since. However, Square “promised” something more will be revealed soon. Keep hope alive, etc. Thanks, Gematsu.

1. deathm00n

I didn’t knew about this, it’s my chance to play the game for the first time then. Hope it’s better than XII, never liked it, but XIII I find one of the best, only under VIII. Yes, my taste for FF is weird, I never liked VII or IX.

2. CyberMarco

Never had the chance to finish the original on my PS2, well as it seems it’s never too late. I just hope it’s a cross-buy title!

3. Eddie Rodrigues

For me FFX is tied on top by FFVII, I’ve never played VIII though, but it seems a great game for its time. This game is a must have for my Vita

@1 I’m odd too, I like XIII a lot and I hated III or VI in Japan, Final Fantasy games seem better with the futuristic environment, at least for me

4. Fin

I love X, best FF for me!

5. cRAZYcROgUY

Can’t wait for this one…my favorite FF game.

6. theevilaires

Yea Boi! I looooooooove my PlayStation systems :)

7. Clupula

FFX is my second favorite of the series (behind IX…imo, XIII is 3rd) and I’m very excited to play this again. I do hope they put all the International Edition stuff into it, but I also hope they don’t put in any blitzball trophies. I hated playing that crap.

8. Pip

My favourite game of all time. Can’t wait to play it again.

9. Dragon246

Hype machine activated!
    And I am getting sucked into it.
    Do it SE! Release this and v13 and you have atoned for all the sins that you may or may not have committed. :D

10. Hunam

I just hope they recast the VA’s :P

11. HighWindXIX

I hope this comes out soon if only because I’m dying to get my hands an HD FFXII. FFX is probably my second least favorite in the series behind V.

12. Clupula

I really hope they don’t waste time with an HD version of XII when they could be making new games. XII was just as hated as XIII, although usually by the exact opposite people.

13. Phoenixblight

They give the HD project to other studios to do so it doesn’t effect game development.

14. terafumos

Sounds good, Squeenix. Please deliver. :)

15. Digital Bamboo

@11 Agreed. I’d like to see XII HD too. On 12.12.12 would have been nice.

I finished X when it first came out, and enjoyed it at the time, but I have no desire to play through it again. It’s not in my top 3 FF games– that’s for sure–though it may place around #5 (I haven’t played XIII yet, & I’m kind of afraid to).

16. Dragon246

How can it be released on 12.12.12?

17. Digital Bamboo

@16 It can’t. That’s why I said it “would have been” nice. They already missed that boat.

18. Dragon246

Looks like I have to improve my grammar skills :)

19. ActionGameKing

Hopefully it’s a Vita exclusive. The Vita hasn’t had the initial support the PSP had, and this could help it big time.

20. Phoenixblight

Read the article before making a comment like that. Its aimed for PS3 and Vita.

21. ActionGameKing

@20 Of course I read the article. Back when it was first announced it was unclear which specific platform it would be on, and whether it was gonna be a re-make or a re-master. There was much mystery then, and still now, as Square Enix is these days.

22. Phoenixblight

The article says its for PS3 and Vita. Not seeing the confusion.

23. Clupula

It was pretty clear that it was for both PS3 and Vita when it was announced. And then every website on earth had reported it for PS3 and Vita. So, I’m not sure how that was possibly unclear to anyone.

In truth, I’m glad it’s for both, because I hate portable gaming and would have been very annoyed if it was a Vita exclusive. I’m still not happy about Persona 4 Golden not being on PS3.