Metal Gear Rising concept art shows early boss designs

Thursday, 10th January 2013 08:46 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance developer Platinum Games has posted up a batch of early concept art involving the game’s bosses. Check them out up close and personal after the break.

Be sure to check out the game’s photo and art blog here for more behind the scenes shots and art.

Brenna just posted out latest hands-on impressions piece on the game – she thought it was “a @%&$ing good time” – find out why here.

1. YoungZer0

Talk about over-sexualization. :D

She has a breathing mask for her vagina! :D

2. Clupula

@1 – I can tell you those exist.

3. YoungZer0

@2: I really don’t want to know.

4. Clupula

I love the designs for this game. I think, so far, this is my absolute most anticipated title, maybe second to Ni No Kuni.

5. YoungZer0

And DmC! Don’t forget DmC.

6. absolutezero

lel

7. Clupula

@5 – Why would you try to ruin my morning? lol

8. YoungZer0

9. Clupula

Don’t make me tell tales of gas masks with hoses leading into vaginas. I have more tales of that sort of thing than any person ever should. ;)

10. YoungZer0

@9: Yeah, just like i said, i don’t want to know. I really don’t. Not at all into that kind of fetish.

11. Clupula

Mmmmm…good. Good. All is going according to plan!

12. absolutezero

Im totally into it though.

Spill.

13. Clupula

@12 – Well, from the three women I know who are into that, it’s a combination of three fetishes. 1) asphyxiation and breath control, since your air intake is definitely limited when you have a gas mask on. I know whenever I’ve worn one my breath usually fogs up the clear plastic you see through 2) gas mask fetish and 3) to put it gently, some ladies enjoy their own, uh, natural smell. Without getting really unsafe for work, I’m not going to elaborate more.

I will say having a gas mask fetish, myself, so I personally totally get two of the three above, having one ALSO comes in handy when you’re doing household stuff like cleaning a room with a ton of bleach.

However, you sound ridiculous if you try doing vocals with a gas mask on. Unless that’s the sound you are generally going for.

14. YoungZer0

So that’s it? They love smelling their own vagina? Oh well.

But the vagina gasmask in the artwork doesn’t seem like it’s connected to hair gasmask. It’s like her vagina is breathing on its own.

15. Clupula

@14 – Well, there’s more to it than just that, but I’d have to start getting graphic about female arousal and such.

And I didn’t say that the sketch was a 100% accurate depiction of the fetish lifestyle, although I’m sure if they could make those dwarf Gekko arms in real life, many people I’ve known would do stuff with them. Just that there are women I’ve known who have put hoses to their vaginas.

16. Clupula

I suppose if you want to try to find a realistic reason for a Japanese design (which is usually asking for trouble), if her outfit is anything like the B&B Corps’ outfits, it’d be either latex or rubber, neither of which exactly let a woman’s privates breathe.

Perhaps the hose leads to some filter or the other, so it’s less fetish and more yeast infection protection.

17. YoungZer0

@15: And i’m pretty sure a lot of people would do a lot of things with things if you give them the chance. :P

@16: But she’s a cyborg, like the rest of the crew, so it really doesn’t make any sense. :( I doubt her vagina is still intact, unless she’s also some kind of Pleasure-Bot gone mentally unstable alá Ghost in the Shell 2.