Microsoft: “expect more investment” in NUads on Xbox Live

Tuesday, 8th January 2013 21:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has said video advertising and polls on Kinect through Xbox Live has been such a lucrative venture for the firm, it plans to continue the business plan with the addition of more partners.

According to Microsoft, NUads which launched last year has seen “double-digit engagement results.”

“When we launched NUads, we redefined the 30-second spot,” said Ross Honey, GM Xbox Live Entertainment and Advertising. “These results show that NUads is a real breakthrough in TV advertising, and you can expect more investment from us when it comes to this new ad format and video advertising in general.”

The first ads to run were for Subway sandwich shops and Toyota.

Thanks, GI International.

1. SlayerGT

HAHAHA! Ugh. I can not wait for my live sub to expire, or my 360 to break..again. Nads :) that’s what’s I read anyway.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Eddie Rodrigues

I only have Live to play GTA and Street Fighter on PC, I didn’t even used the CD-keys yet though… While I had an Xbox 360 I had a bad time playing online: too lousy players

#2 1 year ago
  3. Hunam

I am finding it harder and harder to justify paying money every year to be so relentlessly advertised too.

#3 1 year ago
  4. RandomTiger

I’ve just turned off my auto renewal before I even saw this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

I am in my last year too, only reason I went this long is because of my kids. All of the kids seem to be on xbl. Next year they will have to come up with it on their own. I am not doing it. I rarely play online, and when I do I have PC, PSN, and WiiU.

Advertise away MS.

#5 1 year ago
  6. speedxl01

Oh but Nuads are a revolution, give me more MS, and the silver lining would be if you increase the price of Live Gold subs too!!

#6 1 year ago
  7. sg1974

Pay to access t’internet on the box you’ve paid for using the internet service you pay for. Then have them throw bucket loads of paid advertising in your face.

Wow.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Joe_Gamer

Yup, that’s why my launch day xbox still works, it never gets used. Live subscription required for god damn everything? Sorry M$, that’s a dealbreaker to me.

#8 1 year ago