Cyberpunk 2077 teaser images hint at this week’s trailer

Tuesday, 8th January 2013 00:50 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Cyberpunk 2077 gets its debut trailer this week, with CD Projekt RED today confirming the big day and dropping a couple of teaser images.

CD Projekt has confirmed that the trailer will release on Thursday, according to IGN. We don’t know much about the trailer beyond the clues offered in the image.

I’ve uploaded these images twice; the first two are a sensible size for quick loading in your browser, and the second set are in all the glory of their full, original resolution in case you want to do something clever with them like make me a gorgeous new desktop.

As for Cyberpunk 2077, its licensed from the pen-and-paper role-playing game, and is being developed with input from original creator Mike Pondsmith. CD Projekt Red intends to apply lessons learned from the Witcher series in constructing a multi-path, non-linear narrative with ambiguous choice and consequence.

The modernised future setting allows access to a range of weapons and technology in a world where the march of progress is a blessing and a trap for humanity. Character customisation is tightly linked to the plot, which is set in the Night City.

It aims to be as brutal and mature as the Witcher games, and just as beautiful; CD Projekt has said RPGs should have better graphics than blockbuster shooters.

1. Erthazus

I hope that these teaser screenshots are not from in-game visuals because otherwise I will explode.

Anyway, can’t wait.

2. Phoenixblight

Nope that’s definitely raytracing.

3. Vapsyvox

You, me, everyone and our computers will explode, I fear.

4. HauntaVirus

My most anticipated game of the year, looking great!

5. SameeR_Fisher

I hope it is released for PS3 as well

6. Telepathic.Geometry

I hope it’s released for Linux! ^-^

7. Phoenixblight

@5 and @6

And I hope for a unicorn that shits my name in stars.

What? Oh I thought we were posting unrealistic hopes and dreams.

8. roadkill

:))

9. Edo

@4 Except it’s not coming out this year but 2014 or even 2015.

10. Neuromancer

Night City is waiting!!

11. NeoSquall

@1 This looks Blur’ed

:ifyouknowwhatimean:

12. Kabby

This could be epic.

13. DuckOfDestiny

There’s a sticky mess in my pants, and I’m not quite sure where it came from.