Crash Bandicoot redesign spotted at Vicarious Visions

Sunday, 6th January 2013 23:52 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Crash Bandicoot has been spotted lurking in the background of a photo taken at Skylanders developer Vicarious Visions.

A poster showing a re-designed Crash can be seen in the top left of a photo on Facebook from Vicarious Visions’ 2012 game jam.

GameInformer blew the image up a bit, and you van see Crash standing on a little tussock of some sort, sporting a very different look.

Although the poster may just be a bit of fan art, it is visually reminiscent of the Skylanders style, causing speculation that the Naughty Dog-created character may make an appearance in the phenomenally successful series.

Vicarious Visions did once developer a Crash Bandicoot game, for Game Boy Advance. The property was last published by parent company Activision.

1. deadstoned

Not another Crash redesign… Mario and Sonic have never had heavy redesigns. Why do developers insist on fucking up Spyro and Crash.

#1 1 year ago
  2. diego-rbb-93

Original design still the best. Simple, comical, funny, cool, lovely, crazy… All the resigns for the moment, lack some of them.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Yoshi

To be honest I don’t see this as being a reveal or w/e because they would have never uploaded that image and kept it up. That poster is massive and too obvious to notice if they were trying to keep it a secret.

#3 1 year ago
  4. SameeR_Fisher

He does look different, like tazmanian rather than Crash.

but well personally I don’t think I hate it as much as everyone, it looks pretty cool for me, but obviously that’s only me.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Beta

I still hope for a return to the glory days of the PS1 Bandicoot era. I even liked the Twinsanity version of Crash.

But then it was bought by Activision (Doom bells at this point) had 2 sub par games and then nothing. Sad times indeed :P

#5 1 year ago