Thu, Dec 20, 2012 | 09:10 GMT
ShootMania ‘beta 2′ now live, adds grappling hooks & more
ShootMania developer Nadeo has announced the second phase of its beta. The shooter, which comes with a sophisticated map-making suite, is gearing up for a January launch, but you can get involved in the beta now. We’ve got the ‘beta 2′ patch notes here.
Over on Nadeo’s ManiaPlanet Blog, the latest update post spools off the changes to both the ManiaPlanet hub, and in ShootMania itself. Here are the patch notes:
- Partial revamp of the ManiaPlanet user interface (3D Menus, removal of the ManiaHome tablet)
- Integration of a real time messaging system for friends
- Addition of a team creation & official competitions system
- Addition of a tournament system
- TwitchTV integration (in Beta). To use it just open the ingame options -> “Broadcast” and fill in your TwitchTV credentials. Please note that this feature is in Beta, Your framerate may drop and you can experience a freeze at the disconnection.
- 60 new blocks including Castle, Wood, Aerial Power Path and Grappling Hook blocks.
- New moves (like the WallJump, the progressive jump and lasers denying rockets)
- Addition of a matchmaking system for 1vs1 (Joust mode only)
- The Royal game mode is available as a Title Pack.
- Addition of a Title Pack “Royal Exp” which will be used to test the next evolutions of the Royal game mode
- The Title Pack “Elite Exp” will use the former gameplay for the current competitions
- Grappling hook: it allows you to hook up on hook block and balance yourself in the air. To do it you must aim the hook block and right-click to activate it. You can’t use it from a Power Path but you can’t fire while hanging from the hook block.
- Charge Shot: it’s an alternative fire mode of the Rocket Launcher which allows you to fire bouncing rockets (which bounce on any block type). To shot a bouncing rocket, you must stay still at least 6 seconds to load the Charge Shot. A Charge Shot bounces maximum twice.
- Slide: only possible on the wooden blocks, it’s an action which allow you to gain more speed with right-click. If you release the button, you’ll jump.
The blog post also offers a preview of what’s coming in the next ManiaPlanet patch. If you want to get involved in the ShootMania beta, you can do so over at the official ShootMania site.
Thanks Blue’s News.