22 Cans has “brave” new project lined up post-Godus Kickstarter

Thursday, 20th December 2012 02:35 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Project Godus has only just been successfully funded, but 22 Cans already has a new initiative in mind.

Speaking to Kotaku, co-founder Peter Molyneux said the games industry moves too “insanely fast” to ever have only one project on the go.

“That’s why we had to be really quick after Curiosity. Immediately after Curiosity, we came out with our Kickstarter,” he said.

“Immediately after we’ve done our Kickstarter, we’ve got another thing that we’re thinking about, though I’m really not even going to so much as suggest anything about it.”

Having said he wasn’t going to talk about it, the treasured creative promptly Molyneux’d by going on to give a tidbit of description – the new project is “very, very brave”. But that’s not the only idea 22 Cans is kicking around.

“We’ve got some other thoughts in our mind of what we would want to do for sure. This is the thing: you can’t just go into Kickstarter blindly thinking, ‘Oh my God, we’re definitely going to be funded. We don’t need to think of anything else.’ You’ve got to be a businessman about this. You’ve got to be realistic,” he said.

“So you’ve got to be really fast, you’ve got to be really exciting, you’ve got to be really brave. That’s the world we live in now, which is a fantastic world to be in.”

1. KrazyKraut

And again (after I got some criticism because I said he will make another game): he is a liar. and he is talking too much.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

Only one game…….
    Right.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Gekidami

Saying you’re only going to make one game is an awesome way to get more media attention. Of course he’s lying, of course, its Molyneux, but all he wants is attention. I’m surprised he hasnt appeared in some Big Brother type of trash yet.

Though whats really retarded, is the fact that this site seems to have such a massive boner for the guy. Everything he mutters is apparently news-worthy.

#3 1 year ago
  4. naffgeek

Here we go again….wah wah Peter Molyneux raped my hopes and dreams with his big promises!!!

Seriously get some perspective, so he bites off more than he can chew, better that than some WarZ bullshit cash grabbers.

This guy has been instrumental in some of the best, most innovative games of the last 20 years.

Grow up, Kojima takes a shit and your all lapping it up and some people think his games are massively overrated too.

#4 1 year ago
  5. RandomTiger

Just focus on Godus Peter, if thats not good enough what future does 22 cans have?

#5 1 year ago
  6. NinJe

So I gave 22 Cans my hard earned money to make Godus and as soon as it reaches the funding goal Molyneux gets bored of that toy and wants a new one… I didn’t give them my money to focus on a new ‘brave’ project before they have barely started the project I helped fund!

Oh wait I didn’t give him any of my money at all because I know he’s full of crap! Peter ‘hand up my arse’ Molyneux! I feel sorry for anyone who believes a word this guy says and IF I had funded Godus I would be trying to get my hard earned money back off him! I’m sick of seeing his name in my RSS feeds.

“Peter Molyneux said the games industry moves too “insanely fast” to ever have only one project on the go.” – So fast that his team of 20 people need to have more than one project on the go? Oh wait they do! Curiosity! Or have they already forgotten about that dead horse?

Maybe the life changing prize inside the cube is a free ticket to slap Peter Molyneux in the face without any repercussions.

#6 1 year ago
  7. viralshag

Like I said in another article, all his talk is a sales pitch. His fans lap up everything he says like it’s gospel. I admit, I use to like him and I don’t have any major problem with the Fable series or any of his games… But I am kinda sick of seeing him take every opportunity to get some attention.

I reckon 5 years this would have smashed the target set but I think just scraping by is a sign that people have kinda had enough of all the talk.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Beta

We’re 26K over with 30 hours to go, that’s not “scraping by” I’ve seen projects funded at literally the last second.

Put away the soapboxes people, you’re acting like the man has pissed on your kids. There’s a full on witch hunt going on in the Eurogamer community. And yet the pledge count is still going up :)

There are far worse things in the World than a game maker who occasionally over hypes his game’s..

Let’s get a bit of perspective yeah?

#8 1 year ago
  9. viralshag

@8, Everyone and everything else in this industry has to take criticism now and then, from games to companies, devs to CEOs.

PM is a grown man and I’m sure he doesn’t need people to defend his honour. There is definitely reason to criticise and approach his projects with caution, or at least dulled expectations.

There are far better game makes and companies that deserve more attention than PM, so yeah, a little bit of perspective would be good.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Beta

Criticism is fine, constructive criticism is healthy even.

But I’ve seen several comments on Eurogamer and other sites that have literally said “I hope he dies before it’s finished” or “I want to punch him in the face”. Words like: robbing bastard and swindler and I could go on.

That is not criticism in my opinion and it does nothing for the general public’s perception of gamers as violent and antisocial.

#10 1 year ago
  11. viralshag

1. This isn’t Eurogamer.
    2. Welcome to the internet.

;)

#11 1 year ago
  12. Beta

Yes thank you for that Sir. I know where I am :)

Anyway, I’m going back to kickstarter, 15,000+ positive people there and we’ve got some more stretch goals to hit ;D

#12 1 year ago
  13. viralshag

Well, when I see this game in action and see the (hopefully) positive review scores, 22Cans will get my money!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Da Man

Molyneux bs.. only second to David Cage.

#14 1 year ago