Godus multiplayer seen in latest video, Kickstarter close to funding

Wednesday, 19th December 2012 11:54 GMT By Patrick Garratt

22 Cans has released a video of Peter Molyneux and friend having a bash at Godus multiplayer. Check it below. The god game’s Kickstarter is nearing completion, standing at £423,880 with two days to do.

1. Ristas

So happy to see this working out. Peter is one of the most passionate people in gaming right now.

2. viralshag

I feel like this is only going to hit its target due to the tweet/advertisement from Notch.

That might sound bad but I’m one of those people that have become cautious of PM’s dreams for gaming. I want to see a knockout game from him to back up that “passion”.

3. Sini

wtf they must have really jumped in the last 2 days, kinda disappointed was looking forward seeing Molyneux wake up call, he is severely overrated and under delivers each time.

4. naffgeek

I would rather see someone in the industry who dreams too big than some calculating mercenary business people like Zynga!!

I’ll never understand the vitriol Mr Molyneux gets for being a bit too overreaching in his ambitions…it’s not like he puts bullshit on the back of the box and you don’t find out until you play it.

Also he was integral in giving us Populous, Dungeon Keeper, Black and White and Fable so give the guy some fucking respect.

Sorry but some of these schadenfreude lollygaggers really piss me off, how many games have you produced!!!?

Rant over

5. viralshag

@4, It’s all well and good looking back, what, 10-15 years or more? Yeah, he was a very influential game designer. No one can take that away from him.

But let’s be honest and critical, the man has produced nothing but average games in more recent years. If I was to be totally honest, I often feel like his “passion” about video games is more of a sales pitch than anything else these days.

6. freedoms_stain

@4, there’s nothing wrong with having big ideas, but if you’re not sure if you can pull it off you should keep them in-house until you’re sure you can actually make them a reality.

Games not living up to pre-release claims is one of the biggest contributions to having a title flop today.

7. Beta

Chris Roberts made a mention last night that shot us up pledge wise. Brilliant man! :)

8. silkvg247

Was gonna bite the bullet and pledge £15 – it was on 4999/5000 then said sold out.

Next tier down it 2000 avail but with less stuff (weird logic), and I would never pay the same as others to get less. It’s my yorkshire blood.

And for that reason, I’m out.