Rockstar PS2 titles rated for PlayStation 3 release

Tuesday, 18th December 2012 23:50 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The ESRB has re-rated six classic Rockstar titles, with three appearing in this week’s US PS Store update.

As spotted by PSN Stores, the re-rated games are Bully, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Midnight Club, Midnight Club 2, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix and Red Dead Revolver.

All were originally release on PS2, but are now listed as PlayStation 3 titles.

Rockstar recently began bundling its games as the Rockstar Games Collection series, but the first and so far only volume contained only current-gen titles. This combined with the lack of Xbox 360 equivalent suggested we’d see these games in a PlayStation Store update rather than as a new retail bundle.

Update: And indeed, shortly after posting this story, the US PS Store updated with three of the six games.

1. theevilaires

Oh wow this is cool I missed out on Bully. I was going to buy the 360 port but I heard it was riddled with bugs galore. The only this that sucks about this is it won’t have trophies :(

Wait I just read the article is this going to be a PS2 classic or rated as a PS3 HD collection game or some sort with trophies?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Clupula

They’re PS2 classics. Bully and Red Dead Revolver are part of today’s update, actually.

#2 1 year ago
  3. theevilaires

no trophies bummer :( oh well still I’ll get Bully. This will be my first PS2 classic I’ll buy. I hope it can be stretched to HD full screen.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Brenna Hillier

Edited following US PS Store update.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

@3 – They can. I got Persona 3 FES a few months back. And am considering Odin Sphere now that it’s on sale for $5 this week.

#5 1 year ago
  6. theevilaires

@5 thanks although I’m so hooked on trophies now its gonna suck actually playing a game like we use to before trophies. Wish this could be played on my Vita instead because I don’t care about getting trophies on Vita games….I know I’m weird like that :(

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

Manhunt, Manhunt, Manhunt, Manhunt, Manhunt… wait, no Manhunt? LAME (Though they at least have Bully. Really great game that deserved a better HD version than the crappy 360 port).

#7 1 year ago
  8. ps3fanboy

i buy’em when you rockstar put out hd version with trophy support and release on disc so i can buy to own.. other than that this is just a bad joke…

#8 1 year ago
  9. YoungZer0

I’d love to see Bully 2. I still consider it one of the best games in Rockstar Games Library.

#9 1 year ago