Project Godus receives gameplay trailer as Kickstarter funding enters 11th hour

Tuesday, 18th December 2012 08:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Project Godus has received a new trailer from Peter Molyneux’s new studio 22 Cans. The clip shows a proof-of-concept build of the game, complete with gameplay tutorials and mechanic explanations. It comes as the game’s Kickstarter funding campaign reaches its final three days, with just under £100,000 left to raise. See the clip below.

Thanks Blue’s News.

1. uomoartificiale

seems mildly interesting. Still not impressed though. Maybe they should invest more time on the prototype (months), show something awesome and then get funded and finish the game. If they get funded right now, they will end up releasing in a year and I don’t think that ambitious vision will be fully realized.

2. Stoopid_Snot

So Peter Molyneux is making a new game that sounds very familiar to and older game that he made already… o is it only my who is thinking Black and White prototype here

3. friendlydave

@2 I’m pretty sure it’s a ‘sort-of’ remake of Populous http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populous

I wish it was a spin on the Black and White series!

4. viralshag

Agree with #1 tbh. I’m not impressed that was knocked up in two weeks because I could turn on B&W and see something very similar but much better than that from how ever many years ago.

£100k in three days will be tight.

5. Beta

Pledged £425 towards this, Notch just tweeted about it also :)

Going up quite nicely now! :D

6. ZeGerman1942

Yeah not really impressed. Apart from a slightly different look this is populous. Ok it’s a 2 week prototype, but when you show a video to get people to pledge, this is not it.

I still think it will get funded. Still many people out there who desperately want to believe everything PM promises.