Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13: Famitsu scan reveals redesigned Lightning

Tuesday, 18th December 2012 14:29 GMT By Dave Cook

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 will cap off the trilogy when it launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 next year. Famitsu has run a feature on the game this week, along with a piece of character art that shows a redesigned Lightning who looks even more grumpy than before. Check it out below.

Thanks AGB.

1. Erthazus

Horrible outfit. First Lightning outfit in FFXIII was the best, but now it looks like a generic armor from Korean MMORPG’s.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ireland Michael

Holy crap, that is absolutely terrible.

I like her design in both FFXIII and FFXIII-2, but good god… what *is* that thing? There’s absolutely no subtlety or sense to its construction at all. It’s just a mess.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Elven_Star

Okay, that’s bad.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Akira_Tenshi

Her apperance is customisable. This is just one of many outfits in the game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. RaisinBran

It is a rather uninspired redesign. I agree with 1, her outfit in the first game was the best. I just want Square to be over and done with this series so they can move on to other, hopefully better things.

#5 1 year ago
  6. chaoszage

after this FF is released,FF trilogy will be released too :P

#6 1 year ago
  7. shogoz

They already wrecked final fantasy 13 by bringing out the second one where you have to pay to see the ending (because the ending is in a DLC) so in my mind square enix can fuck themselves if they think they can get even more money from me. welcome to the age of the internet on consoles so game developers can released 3/4 finished games so they can kill off the main characters (like at the end of final fantasy 13-2) so you’ll have to pay for the DLC addon for them to come back to life. go fuck yourself square enix.

#7 1 year ago
  8. theevilaires

WTF?! FFXIII was meant to be a trilogy….since when?! And spoiler Alert! I haven’t even finished the so called first one but I suppose I should have known if this was going to be a trilogy they would never kill off the main protagonist.(Hello MGS, RE series, and every other Japanese gaming company)

This is shit news anyway because where is FF versus XIII? Holy shit that game was announced at the beginning of the PS3 life cycle and here we are going into the 7th year of a supposedly 10 and still nothing, but we’re getting a mediocre JRPG in the form of a supposedly planned out trilogy with the Final Fantasy name branded over it….O.M.F.G. how the mighty have fallen Square :(

Jeeez the 360 version will be playable across like 15 DVDs or something. Thats fucking insane man. This generation of gaming has destroyed the spirit of gaming to me. I feel gaming is more of a chore now than fun entertainment. Oh well i’ll wait 3 to 5 months after release of this one and it’ll be $20 as fast as the other ones were.

#8 1 year ago
  9. redsn00w

Uf! So bad… I hope we will change that armor…. it’s horrible D=

#9 1 year ago
  10. tatsujin

Fuck you Square Enix. I’m serious. FUCK YOU!

Terrible outfit. TERRIBLE DESIGN, FUCKING TERRIBLE COMPANY! Sigh!

#10 1 year ago
  11. YoungZer0

Looks like somebody just threw stuff at her, seeing what would stick.

I agree with pretty much everyone here, that looks absolutely terrible.

#11 1 year ago
  12. CyberMarco

Well, please don’t lynch me!

I actually find it o-k… Nothing too special, but bearable.

#12 1 year ago
  13. YoungZer0

To the cross with you.

#13 1 year ago
  14. TheOutcastWolf

Am I the only one that kinda liked this armour?

#14 1 year ago