Black Ops 2: Treyarch asks you to go easy on ‘Xmas Noobs’

Tuesday, 18th December 2012 10:55 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 developer Treyarch has kindly asked gamers to go easy on the influx of ‘noobs’ joining the online ranks as they get the game for Christmas, but it knows you won’t. Check out their ‘Message of the Day’ update below.

The new message – which is seen as you enter the Black Ops 2 online lobby – was posted on Reddit this morning.

Here it is:

So, will you be kind to the ‘Christmas Noobs’ – for lack of a better term?

Thanks CVG.

1. Timurse

They better fix their network code so it could be on par with MW2/BO1, cause now it’s a huge mess. No matter what connection you have – you’re gonna have tremendous lag. I’ve never seen the match in Black Ops 2 with lag less than 500ms. And if I am host and ruining everyone, I know that all my enemies have really unfair bad time. I even see them running in front of me like sheep not even paying attention to me cause they don’t see me YET, they’re gonna start seeing me in 1 second or so.

2. G1GAHURTZ

Many things in this game definitely need fixing.

3. Dave Cook

@2 I’m a massive CoD fan, as I’ve stated tons of times here, but now the lag/host migration issues are really getting to me. So irritating when you die as a result.

Get it sorted Treyarch.

4. CPC_RedDawn

@1,2,3

WOW finally the PC version of a COD (since 4) does not suffer from tremendous lag! I played the game all night last night and it was butter smooth. Pings were full bar for almost everyone except one or two that connected from Mongolia on 28kbps connections LOL.

The game on the other hand needs some fine tuning.

#1 SMG ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OVER POWERED!!!!!

#2 ASSUALT RIFLES NEED SOME KIND OF BUFF THEY ARE TOO WEAK!

#3 HACKERS NEED BANNING

#4 HIT DETECTION NEEDS SORTING OUT SHOTGUN A GUY POINT BLANK IN THE FACE HE PASSES THROUGH MY BODY AND DOES A 180 AND KNIFES ME!!??? WTF???

There are a few more things that need fixing but otherwise its not a bad game. The single player is just terrible though compared to Black Ops 1 which had a great story line for a COD game.

5. bitsnark

Take it easy on the noobs?

Oh hell no.

They can have their first online Call of Duty sessions baptised in a cacophony of SMG-flavoured misery and swearing just like I did.

Trial by fire!

6. OrbitMonkey

Touch wood, but I’m not having any serious problems… Playing a lot of Free-for-all, without much lag… If any to be honest.

I always choose “best connection” before playing & the only real irritation is the inconsistency with melee… Other than that I’m sweet.

I’ll welcome the new guys with my Remington shotty… Diamond camo of course ;-)

7. reask

Yeah I find the mellee really awful as well.

8. Dave Cook

@7 it’s not awful, it’s just not cheap any more.

9. reask

I dont know dave I personally find it very random on a 121.