GameStop’s Far Cry bundle goes back to full price after selling for £5

Monday, 17th December 2012 10:57 GMT By Dave Cook

UPDATE: GameStop was selling all three far Cry games for £4.94 this morning. However, the bundle has gone back up to £54.98. Was it a gaffe on the site’s part, or a genuine offer? Decide for yourself below.

Original story:

Far Cry 3 only came out in November, but if you want to get it for less than the price of a large burger meal then you need look no further than GameStop. The site is selling all three Far Cry titles on PC for £4.94 today – proof that Christmas can indeed come early. Get the deal below

The Far Cry Complete Pack can be yours now, and stands at a mere fraction of its typical £54.99 asking price.

While it appears to be a US-only deal, it works here in the UK, and in Europe – Pat just bought it in France for example. Upon hearing about the deal, VG247′s Sam Clay even told us all to “fuck right off”. He didn’t believe us.

But it’s real, so what are you waiting for. Get on it.

1. dex3108

It says 69.97$ :D

2. Dave Cook

@1 changes depending on your location eh :)

3. CyberMarco

it says 6,59 €, Italy by the way! :D

Is it Steam?

EDIT*
    No steam, direct download through Impulse.

4. dex3108

VPN or Proxy should do the trick :D I just want to buy them for Christmas Gift i have them all already :D

5. Ansob

@3: it’s not.

I believe you’ll need Impulse to download the games, but once they’re installed they register via Uplay (or FC3 does, at least) and can be redownloaded through it.

6. DocCylon

I’m as surprised as Sam Clay!

It doesn’t work with PayPal for whatever reason so you have to use a card. You have to download it on the GameStop download service whatever that is now.

7. treborr

Looks like they have fixed it? I see £54.98 :(

8. Dimaco

Thanx VG247, you made my day right there!!!

9. Dimaco

Looks like I made it for like seconds.. plus yeah I also noticed it didn’t work thru Paypal… is that going to actually work?

10. DocCylon

Yup it’s gone now. SO Happy I finally capitalised on one of these blunders.

11. ixYi

It shows me $26.30 currently.

12. Dimaco

@Doccylon: did your purchase also end up leaving you waiting for an order confirmation from their team? Because that’s what happened to me… I mean, once I completed the payment the order ended up in a “processing” status that leaves me wondering…

13. Dimaco

Ok guys, don’t exactly know how but this has just worked for me, so I am just sharing the experience here: if you happened to try and get this deal but didn’t succeed (in my case it was the Paypal error), just try to reload the page in your browser’s chronology and complete the payment again:this just did it for me like 5 minutes ago. Honest to god!
    Don’t know why so no hate please! :-)