Borderlands 2 is receiving a new DLC expansion soon, the colourfully-titled Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. Through the process of internet sleuthing, multiple sources have unearthed screens for the expansions, and details of a new continent called Aegrus. Get the details below.
Reddit user MikeTheInfidel unearthed a blurb for the DLC which reads, “Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ’em the old one-two!”
Other details include:
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
What do you think of Borderlands 2 DLC so far? Let us know below, and check out the screens here:
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.