Metro: Last Light release date narrowed, Limited Edition pre-order bonuses revealed

Friday, 14th December 2012 09:28 GMT By Dave Cook

Metro: Last Light will be launching March 2013, THQ and 4A Games have confirmed. The game will also see a Limited Edition version launching simultaneously, which includes ‘Ranger Difficulty’ and other goodies. Check out the details below.

Eurogamer reports that the Limited Edition release will include a harder Ranger Difficulty, as well as a new Ranger load-out, which includes bonus military-grade ammo to use or spend as currency, and an AKS-74U rifle.

The Limited Edition will be the only edition available initially – presumably coming at the same cost as standard – so these are first come-first served goodies. THQ is advising anyone who wants them to pre-order the game.

Are you buying? Let us know what you make of the game so far.

1. dex3108

I will buy it but Ranger mode only for Limited Edition is really bad decision.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Takeshi

Well, that’s disappointing. I was expecting a more precise date. At least what month…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Edo

Release date narrowed to 2013?I guess since it’s THQ we’re talking about here that makes sense.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

Piss. I should have written ‘March 2013′. Trying to shake off ‘xmas mode’ guys, sorry. Updated.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

Ranger mode? Lol.

I will buy this edition for sure. enjoyed the hell out of the first game and bought it at launch.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SameeR_Fisher

well is it just me or the LE lacking ?!, the harder difficulty should be there for everyone too.

Anyway I may get it day one and get the LE as well, but it depends on how long is the SP.

#6 1 year ago
  7. freedoms_stain

I don’t like “bonuses” like this. Metro, at least the first Metro had a bit of a survivalist edge to it, you started with next to nothing and anything else you had to scavenge. Starting off with a nice weapon and a stack of cash seems really contrary to the philosophy.

I think it’s a bit shitty to have Ranger Mode as a pre-order incentive too. It was DLC for the 1st game, but the sort of DLC you think “This should have been a free patch, not dlc”.

#7 1 year ago