Dirty Bomb: Splash Damage releases pre-alpha footage

Friday, 14th December 2012 13:22 GMT By Dave Cook

Dirty Bomb is the next shooter from Brink developer Splash Damage. The UK studio has released fresh pre-alpha footage of the game showing a battle around London Bridge. Check it out below.

We reported on the reveal of Dirty Bomb and posted the game’s reveal trailer last month.

Developer Splash Damage explained that the multiplayer game will be free at launch and sees soldiers running and gunning through the streets of London. Details are scarce beyond that.

Thanks PC Gamer.

1. viralshag

None of that made me think “yeah, that looks much better than Brink!”

#1 1 year ago
  2. stretch215

Yeah, that definitely reminds me of brink, and my disappointment with it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Hcw87

It might become the game Brink should have been, the concept was awesome. Not many games focus on teamplay and objectives these days.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Maximum Payne

@3 This.

#4 1 year ago
  5. DSB

Looks a bit more like Quake Wars, which is definitely a good thing.

Only in Quake Wars, the objectives would change like 3-4 times. First you’d be escorting an artillery piece, then you’d have to power down defences at a base, then you’d have to breach a wall, and then you’d have to enter and blow up an objective.

Definitely the best example of objective based gameplay I’ve come across.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Kabby

I’m not sure how exciting the objectives in this game can be if it’s set in current day London.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Hcw87

So it’s a F2P PC only title. You can sign up for the beta at their website, also buy access to early beta tests like you can with Path of Exile.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Len

Aah reminds me of my days staggering around there drunk trying to find the last train home… ;o)

I know it’s only pre-alpha but looks as unexciting as that.

#8 1 year ago
  9. freedoms_stain

It does look a lot like the escort missions in Brink. Most of the sound effects (particularly gun fire and the weird pounding sound of hits) are lifted directly from Brink – I hope they’re place holders and not final, Brink’s sound was not the best – weaponry just sounds weak.

If it is F2P it at least means you can try it before sinking £30 into it. I would have appreciated the same for Brink.

#9 1 year ago
  10. HauntaVirus

Those SMGs look wicked cool. It looks great overall, then again so did Brink.

#10 1 year ago