LittleBigPlanet 2′s Cross-Controller Pack releases next week

Wednesday, 12th December 2012 16:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

LittleBigPlanet 2′s Cross-Controller Pack will release next week, Sony has announced. Cross Controller lets players use Vita as a controller for PS3 which in turn implements the use of Vita-only features such as front and rear touch. It also give players a second screen. In the LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack, Sackboy joins up with “a group of lovable Space Pirates as they race to find a valuable treasure long thought lost to the Cosmos.” It also comes with new tools to create Cross-Controller levels for the community. The LittleBigPlanet 2: Cross-Controller Pack will be available on December 18 in North America and December 19 in Europe for $4.99/€4.99.

1. CyberMarco

The Cross-Controller function should have been free…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Gekidami

Why? Why would you assume Media Molecule owe you this stuff?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lightmanone

@1: exactly!
    @2: Because you already bought there software, and this is just an extension to control the game, and you need to have the vita. I don’t get why they need to ask money for this as well >.>

#3 1 year ago
  4. Phoenixblight

THey worked on it outside of development so they deserve reimbursement for their investment and its freaking 5$. Sacrifice lunch for a day and get it.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gekidami

Its content thats been made for the game nearly 2 years after it came out, you seriously think your original purchase of the disc means you should get it for free?

#5 1 year ago
  6. death_489

i aint paying for what it promised in e3 !! this bullshit , i payed for the ps3 , the vita and the game , now they want me to pay to use the vita as a controller , we can’t even use it outside while the ps3 is on , this is just ripp off sony , it’s supposed to be a special thing in vita -.- , it’s what made me excited for it …

#6 1 year ago
  7. OlderGamer

I think second screen gaming is great. And maybe this will give a select few a taste. But because you have to own both the PS3 and the Vita, and one doesn’t come with the other … it is going to mean this will have little or no impact and will only be able to be enjoyed by a handfull of dedicated gamers. Don’t get me wrong that is a good start. Maybe it works, maybe people love it, maybe Sony gives it some pause and adjusts their long term strategy to include a second screen.

But I doubt it.

I was thinking awhile back that Sony should stick with PS3(forget PS4 for a few more years), and start packing Vita and PS3 together. Drop the price of Vita to 100usd or 150usd and fight WiiU head on.

They have the graphic power with PS3(it is close enough to WiiU). They have the instaled user base with PS3. They giakia to compete with MS, if used right Giakia can play games graphicly ahead of where the nextxbx system will be. And as far as cost goes, PS3 and Vita even together will likly be less then PS4.

But I think that level of scalibilty is a gen away. Like next gen it will likly just be called Xbox(not xb720) and I imagine it being fully replacable every 2 or 3 years, like a smart phone. I suspect contracts will be involved, like a smart phone.

But with Giakia, Sony could skip over some of that stuff, I think anyways.

#7 1 year ago
  8. CyberMarco

I ment that only the Cross-controller function should be free, the new Space Pirates DLC should be paid for…

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

” They giakia to compete with MS, if used right Giakia can play games graphicly ahead of where the nextxbx system will be. ”

Wrong. Onlive and other cloud services don’t look as good as a PC they look exactly like they do on their console counterpart. You would need a lot of bandwidth to pull that off not to mention the servers to push that out then you have the lag….

They won’t be using Galkai as a system replacement not within the next 10 years. Infrastrure and bandwidth need to be consistent world wide.

#9 1 year ago
  10. OlderGamer

I think it is in essence, isn’t it CyberM? I mean it is there to use, the catch being you have to pay for the DLC pack in order to have content that uses it.

#10 1 year ago
  11. OlderGamer

That is exactly why I said what I did PB. I don’t think they will use Giakia that way either. I think they will use it as a demo across other platforms, and I think if they do use it for actual games at all it will be for back catologue of PSx and PS2 games.

Just don’t give me the bandwidth stuff. I live in NA and can play OnLive lag free with crystal crisp graphics. I don’t play it because I don’t like not owning the games. The prices they are “selling” them for is too high not own them. But the system works great.

There will always be someone somewhere that won’t have the ISP support to use something like that. I know a lot of people that have to piggy back their PS3 and XB360s off of a PC because they only have Dial UP and not broadband. But that doesn’t mean that the systems shouldn’t go forward with online because those people can’t keep up.

Boradband is getting better and better. In the situation i laid out, Sony wouldn’t need to use Giakia in that fashion for another 3 or more years. MS isn’t even out with a new system yet, and PS3 has lot of legs left, I think.

Will Sony do something like I laid out? Heck no. I never said they would. I said if I where them, I would. There is big difference in the wording of “Should” and “Will”. I never said they will. I would at least look into it. Maybe they have, maybe they won’t because they know more then I do. Or maybe that is exactly why they bouight Giakia, to use down the road. Like I also said…this type of scalible aproach is prolly a gen away. Maybe PS4 uses Giakia like this and Sony uses it instead of a PS5 ten years from now.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Phoenixblight

“Just don’t give me the bandwidth stuff. I live in NA and can play OnLive lag free with crystal crisp graphics. I don’t play it because I don’t like not owning the games. ”

I find that hard to believe because I get 50 MB/s and live in the same state as one of their server farms and it looks exactly like it would on the Xbox 360 and not to mention the lag that comes with it.

I have also used Galkai services with their demos and compared them to the console version I own and it was the same thing. They looked like the console counterpart.

“There will always be someone somewhere that won’t have the ISP support to use something like that. I know a lot of people that have to piggy back their PS3 and XB360s off of a PC because they only have Dial UP and not broadband. But that doesn’t mean that the systems should go forward with online because those people can’t keep up.”

Never said such a thing but the US is lagging behind other countries with their bandwidth because ISP refuse to update their infrastructure and that is why they create tier systems to milk their outdated model for a few more years. Thankfully Google is throwing down against these companies so they have to play catch up.

Both SOny and MS will be coming out with systems for next gen that will scale that is why MS will be coming out with a set top version of the system that will only play apps and have access to XBL with all of it services and allow to play XBL games and then will be releasing a 2nd version of the system that will play all next gen games. SOny and MS are a lot smarter than you or I. They have armies of people that research into this stuff.

#12 1 year ago
  13. OlderGamer

“SOny and MS are a lot smarter than you or I. They have armies of people that research into this stuff.”

I agree.

Where we prolly disagree is where it comes to what Sony can actualy do. I think as a company they are in deep financial trouble. Instead of looking to fight toe to to toe with MS, I wonder if it might not be better to fight MS with services, Fight Nintendo with Vita/PS3, and use Giakia to keep up in a few years time. I think, that if Sony stumbles with PS4, they are sunk. They stumbled with both PS3 launch and Vita. I would be very gaurded against their chances to come out of the launch gate strong and hit the ground running. Esp when you consider what MS is going to do.

I just think Sony needs to be cautious and carefull.

#13 1 year ago
  14. killersense

^that is a safe route to take. I would rather they face this head on. they lead two generations and stumbled this gen but they still managed to stay in competition and are back to profitability on the ps3. they can continue to support the ps3 for the next two years and I am positive you will see major Japanese support on the ps3 for the next two years and with simultaneous releases on vita they can hold off nintendo in the home console market atleast. in the west they need to release the ps4 before ms so they can regain lost market share because there are people out there that are eager and hungry for next gen systems and they need to have an unbelievable launch lineup. i am talking gran turismo, uncharted, killzone, new ips from media molescule, sucker punch etc within the first 6 months and third party titles like watch dogs , metal gear etc… to get ahead of microsoft and regain lost market share. Hope kaz has a vision like this since he did say gaming is one of their 3 major pillars for the future.

#14 1 year ago
  15. OlderGamer

I hope so too killer, I miss the old Sony. There is just zero room for mistakes.

#15 1 year ago
  16. polygem

yea gimme the ol´sony back (less pseudo cool pseudo hipster marketing too please!) and launch the next thing with a guality AAA medievil game – and i´m on board.

#16 1 year ago
  17. ps3fanboy

RELEASE IT FOR FREE YOU GREEDY SCABS!!! WE BOUGHT YOUR PS3,LBP2,PSVITA AND LBPVITA… WE HAVE ALREADY PAYED TOO MUCH…

#17 1 year ago
  18. NeoSquall

GAIKAI, FFS.

#18 1 year ago
  19. lexph3re

I guess alot of you forget lbp2 was free to ALOT of people have this game for free. and others can get it for 20. asking for 5 bucks for an extended feature isn’t killing anyones children. You guys love to thrash Sony and wish them to be somethig they are. They never changed they only improved their model. But, i guess the only way they can stay solid in you eyes is if they make a medieval game or to put a cheap system out on the market

#19 1 year ago
  20. OlderGamer

I don’t begrudge Sony for charging for DLC. Just the opposite infact. Prolly the trend in the future is going to be leting people have the clients for free(in this case PSN+) and then making your money back on the sale of DLC.

Pretty forward thinking to be honest. Smart. Give away/discount games on PSN+, then sell users extra contant and features.

#20 1 year ago
  21. theevilaires

Thank you for saying that Lex. They seem to have forgot LBP2 is an awesome game with hundreds if not thousands of hours of replay value and it was given away with 12 other games for free with a PS+ sub. Show MM some love people.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Dragon246

Man, crying for a 5$ dlc is pathetic, pay for it if you want it.Although as I said earlier, 2 screen gameplay feels tacked on (just like most games on wiiu)from what I have seen in gamescom trailer. I may well buy it for getting another controller for lbp2.
    This may well be the least creative thing mm has done with lbp2, but if they include some creation tools that allow players to create some awesome 2 screen gameplay, its worth looking forward to.

#22 1 year ago
  23. OlderGamer

So, Dragon, second screen gaming is just tacked on to WiiU games? Even tho the system was designed around the principle from th ground up. While when MM do it as extra content for an exsisting game while using an (sold seperatly and independant) system … it could be awesome, something to look forward to…but not at all tacked on?

Sorry man, gotta at least smile at that ;)

I hope it works good. Second screen is fantastic on WiiU. I see no reason it won’t be in this case, if done right. And I bet MM will handle it right.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Dragon246

@OG
    Where did I state it looks good? Gamescom lbp2 trailer was absolutely not amazing and felt tacked on. LEAST CREATIVE THING BY MM YET. You missed that part. It provides me an extra controller for lbp2 for 5$, although I am not sure. 2 screen gaming feels completely tacked on as of now, regardless of consoles and games.
    My last of hope are players who can convince me by creating some awesome levels using 2 screens, but I don’t think this dlc contains any creation tools, so it looks like the only think I was looking forward to is not here, so no buy for me.
    Sorry OG, you read the comment in a completely biased way. 2 screen gaming sucks as of now, sony, ninty or ms, it doesn’t matter.

#24 1 year ago
  25. OlderGamer

I didn’t miss anything. You said if MM providevthe tools, maybe players can make some awesome second screen stuff.

Maybe they can. Maybe it will even change your mind about second screen? It won’t have WiiU lvl features, but I bet it will be fun to tinker with, gamewise.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Dragon246

@OG
    So where was the supposed contradiction in my stance on 2nd screen gaming you were smiling at?

#26 1 year ago
  27. OlderGamer

Because you hate the idea on WiiU, but could warm up to it on PS3/Vita. Like I told you if you actualy saw it first hand, played it, you would prolly like it.

Edit: Tell you what Dragon, you try this in lbp2, get back to me after and let me know what ya think?

Nice stealth edit,btw.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Dragon246

Did I not praise nintyland, which seems the only game right now to properly implement 2 screen gaming?
    Well I am done explaining the same thing again and again. As I said earlier, 2 screen gaming brings nothing substantial the table as of now.

I said this earlier, I won’t be touching any home console games for 6 months as I am really busy. Maybe I can share my opinion about lbp2 dlc after that.

#28 1 year ago
  29. Telepathic.Geometry

Even the GiantBomb crew, who are pretty much PC and xbox gamers, praised Zombie U and Nintendoland for proving the value of two screen gaming, and said that the ability to play Mario on the controller screen was also a legitimate plus.

I get it anyway, the value of a second screen… But I think that this cross play is going to fall foul of the same problem that Zelda Four Swords was plagued with, and even Dreamcast games that used the mini display thingy…

There just isn’t enough people able to use it for it to really take off. And what’s more, there aren’t enough users to guarantee that the devs put the time and money into making something decent for it.

Which is a damn shame, because using a Vita together with a PS3 game would have great potential, especially as, unlike the Wii U, you could take the Vita with you and do shit anywhere you went… That’d be fuckin’ awesome.

#29 1 year ago
  30. polygem

@Dragon: so you wont find time to comment on vg247 as well? please confirm.

tacked on….try the damn thing already or stop bitching around. it´s getting old. trying this lbp thing could be an easy way for you to give the concept of dual screen gaming a chance, i believe mm will do a good job to implement this into lbp, but you are just so close minded. judging things before you really tried. i will never understand that attitude of yours. it´s a true videoGAME.

i even got criticised for my post here for wanting another medievil game, which i truly do want, since i love the franchise. i think sony should use it´s potential. sir dan is iconic. to want a medievil game now is criticising sony too. aha…sony fans are unbelieveable.

off topic: played sonic all stars racing transformed for the first time yesterday. what a great game. almost mk quality and still very fresh and unique. a great multiplat kart racer. finally. i had to smile all the time. if you like sega this game is insane, if you never touched any sega game it still is a superb kart racing game. just wanted to say this because i felt like it needs to sell good. it so deserves it.

#30 1 year ago
  31. Dragon246

Why don’t you stop bitching around my comments? If you don’t like them, ignore them. They were never meant for “prototype of a fanboy”.
    2 screen gaming could be awesome in the future, but right now, there aren’t any games that sell me on it.
    Unlike ninty fans who get nothing from their beloved company for being a premium customer, I get 3 games each month on vita to play by sony, which are enough for me right now.

@TG
    That kind of implementation could be awesome, but the thing is that most games last less than 10 hours, so I don’t find it very useful. But for RPGs like skyrim or DD or even next persona, it could be awesome. Will have to wait and see if someone can use this in a good way.

#31 1 year ago
  32. Dragon246

#32 1 year ago
  33. Ireland Michael

@31 You kinda opened yourself up for criticism when you decided to start your opinion by negatively insulting others.

If you don’t like what he’s saying about your opinion, just ignore him and he won’t have anything to respond to.

#33 1 year ago
  34. polygem

@Dragon: i cannot ignore your posts. i just can´t. most of the time they smell so fishy, things need to be clarified. i just received a supersize figurine of mario, bowser, peach etc. from the nintendo club…also i got art academy for the 3ds for free, could´ve also picked mario 3d land or the new layton but want to improve my miiverse drawing skills with this one ;) didn´t have to pay a premium subscription for that, just to let you know. psn+ is cool by the way, i never said anything bad about it. but why mention it here? again, makes no sense to me. but if you name psn+ then let me dig a little deeper as well.
    you keep saying nintendo do not create new franchises. that´s not 100% true, because they reinvent their old franchises over and over again and make those brandnew and fresh: nsmb – mario galaxy. kirby canvas course – kirby epic yarn etc., something many peolpe just ignore or simply fail to see because they do not really look at it. people say they are milking their ip´s but fail to see how much effort nintendo takes to improve aan reinvent their ip´s. imho this is a huge strength of nintendo and not a wekaness. something ms and sony try to do as well by the way, look at sony all star battle. at the same time you do not criticise ms or sony for not inventing new ways to play games. you should give nintendo credit for trying new stuff – it works damn well by the way and many people love it. in the end we all win because of this. we´ll get a great variety of games. great sony exclusives, great ms shooters, fun nintendo games. don´t piss on a company because YOU do not (or think you do not) enjoy their games. others do enjoy them. respect that. at least. all i am saying. and i will over and over again if i have to.

#34 1 year ago
  35. polygem

cannot edit on the pc i am at the moment…page is half blocked. lol…sorry for typos.
    @Dragon: no war. i just have to respond to your stuff. i really, truly disagree with it mostly. what can i do…

#35 1 year ago
  36. Telepathic.Geometry

@31: It struck me that on say Mass Effect 3, you could be playing a few mini-games to get your war-readiness up, or scanning planets here and there…

#36 1 year ago
  37. Gadzooks!

If you talk shit all day long you need to accept that your posts will be shot down time and time again.

Dragon, you are 100% full of single-platform biased shit and are constantly shot down by people with a more balanced outlook on gaming.

Accept the natural consequence of your idiotic actions and stop your pathetic whining, or go to a Sony platform website where your extremely narrow viewpoint will be appreciated.

#37 1 year ago
  38. Telepathic.Geometry

@polygem: I agree that Dragon tends to stick a little dig in at Ninty here and there, but it’s not that bad, and even if it is, surely the answer is to just ignore it? C’mon, if you don’t, you’re at least 50% responsible for any subsequent flaming, and I left all my flame-retardent gear back on the EG comments…

#38 1 year ago
  39. Ireland Michael

@37 Calling people names doesn’t really help either.

#39 1 year ago
  40. DrDamn

@Dragon246
    You need to back up opinions with some experience and knowledge too. You claimed that second screen gaming on the WiiU launch line up was tacked on in all but Nintendoland and a vague recognition of ZombiU maybe. Have you tried any/all of these games to make such a sweeping statement? (and to continue to make it). How is the second screen used in FIFA, Madden, Assassins Creed, Little Inferno, Chasing Aurora, Scribblenauts, BLOPS2? Do you know?

#40 1 year ago
  41. absolutezero

Oh and Sony Smash Bros is still a massive failure.

lel.

#41 1 year ago
  42. Honduras_ham

Just so you guys know. MM had nothing to do with this. It was made by Sumo Digital

#42 1 year ago
  43. polygem

@38: he just gets me all the time. i just cannot ignore his stuff most of the time. believe me…50% of it i already do ignore it. i think it really is that bad though, because he really comments on EVERY nintendo related thread and he always uses terms like, “tacked on, soccer moms, shovelware, gimmick, not needed, kids games” while not even playing on the platform. it just needs to get clarified most of the time. at least it makes me want to respond to it. so i do just that.

#43 1 year ago
  44. Fin

Don’t you people have jobs/school?

#44 1 year ago
  45. Gadzooks!

#43

Trolling with absolutely no experience of the target platform is perfectly valid. Just ask Mushashi… ;)

#45 1 year ago
  46. Ireland Michael

@43 If you have that much trouble ignoring someone (especially online) you should probably look at yourself a bit, not him.

#46 1 year ago
  47. Dragon246

@Ireland
    All these following words are just recycled by me and are pointed at the same person who said those to me earlier-
    1.Prototype of a fanboy
    2.Bitching

@DrDamn
    Its easy to guess that I never tried more than half games of launch, but you can watch videos of gameplay of most of them that I did. Nintyland stuck to me as fun even before I played it. Most of them offer no interesting use of pad, maybe simply because that they were designed as single screen experiences.
    In sports games, useless a mechanism is though out perfectly, it just looks like a gimmick, like touch controls in fifa in vita and so on.

About plus, I wasn’t joking. That is the reason why I wont be doing any console gaming for 6 months. Part of the reason why I wanted someone to the counting for community awards. Super busy to do anything else other than vita gaming and commenting.

Also, don’t believe what 43 says, I never used half of those words. He consistently tries to make it out like I refer to ninty games as kids, when someone else said that. He really takes all criticism about ninty to heart and then jumbles up who said what.
    And this is a sony thread, not a ninty one.

#47 1 year ago
  48. polygem

@43: lol
    @46: i am coming here to read videogame related news and to have discussions about them. why should i ignore people i disagree with? why should i comment at all if i just ignore everyone…? not sure if i understand what you are trying to say really.
    just ignoring someone who annoys you isn´t an appropriate option to begin with imho, if you think so you should also look at yourself i think.

#48 1 year ago
  49. polygem

Dragon you never called me a fanboy either right! you never ever do not constantly say motion gaming, dual screen gaming is a useless gimmick, nitendo is targeting kids mainly, they are milking their ip´s etc. etc. et. you never did that…we have no real base level for a serious discvussion then and maybe IM is indeed right and all i can do is just ignore you. it´s useless.
    watching gameplay videos might give you an idea about a game but you cannot judge a game by just watching a youtube gameplay video. that´s just bollocks and the essence of my problems with your so called “facts”. they aren´t based on personal experience. you can still tell your opinion, sure, but you shouldn´t judge things as if you experienced them. you should be more cautios with your words if you haven´t experienced stuff yourself, that´s all i say and i mean it. i would never criticise a game the way you do if i haven´t played it myself. i might say that i am sceptical about it but i wont write it off as shit and tell everyone over and over again. that´s exactly what you do though and that stinks.

#49 1 year ago
  50. Da Man

Lolcon contributing as much as Jim Ross during WWF matches.

What was this topic about again? I might start reading the comments soon.

#50 1 year ago
  51. polygem

@ Da Man : lol

#51 1 year ago
  52. DrDamn

@Dragon246
    “you can watch videos of gameplay of most of them that I did”

So as to “Have you tried any/all of these games” that’s a no then?

Even at it’s most basic levels, e.g. a map or mirrored view so you don’t need the TV, it’s a useful addition. Not tacked on, not pointless, it adds without detracting in anyway. Anything above and beyond that is all gravy.

For example (but not limited to) playing FIFA as a manager and having control, info in your hands and the live game on the big screen. Split Screen with two discreet screens in BLOPS2 – meaning you can play local MP without the other person being able to see your view, or without restricting one persons view. Squad movement control via the map in Mass Effect 3. None of these are tacked on, all add something useful without detracting.

You also made this point … “One more thing, I like this approach of keeping the second screen thing as optional and not force devs to use it like in wiiu.”. This is essentially what they can do on the WiiU. Ignore the touch screen, ignore it as a second screen and use it to mirror the main display so you don’t need to use the TV. All the controls are there, the same as other systems. You have to make no compromises like you did with the Wii. Just a useful and valuable addition.

#52 1 year ago
  53. polygem

@52: good posting.
    third party devs can indeed completeley ignore using the touchpad if they choose to. everything will work just fine anyway. all the buttons are there for your classic console gameplay experience. the pro controller is a really good addition too though, not needed by any means but a great addition. i like the pro controller a lot.

#53 1 year ago
  54. Ireland Michael

@49 That’s not what I meant, I meant, if someone is getting you worked up *that* much, surely your energy is better spent not getting so wrapped up in it? You’d feel a lotless frustrated yourself in the long run. It’s just faceless comments on the Internet at the end of the day.

#54 1 year ago
  55. polygem

@49: true :)

#55 1 year ago
  56. polygem

i meant: @54: true

though i think #49 was true as well ;)

…i cannot keep posting from this pc here now. half of the page is blocked. i´m out.

#56 1 year ago
  57. OlderGamer

I use my WiiU to post most of the time now Poly. If your home pc is on the fritz, give that a whirl, works great. Can even cut and paste.

#57 1 year ago
  58. polygem

hehe i know. use it a lot too and really like it. works great indeed,wiiu browser is really good…i am at work atm though (or not really i am in another office doing stuff/ only slightly working)…home computer is old and all but for the net it works just fine ;)

#58 1 year ago
  59. Dragon246

@poly
    You seldom respond sensibly and take get hurt too much when someone criticizes ninty. This isn’t ninty4life.com, this is vg247. Everyone is entitled to have views, +ve or -ve ones.
    I yeah, I never said you were a fanboy. If you can find a single comment where I said you were a fanboy personally, I will gladly not comment negatively on ninty articles for 2 weeks. Unlike you, I don’t insult others for disagreements.
    And also show me where I said ninty games are for kids only too. You are either suffering from selective memory loss, or you really have bad english skills, since you assume too much.
    @DrDamn
    If I cant comment about wiiu after playing around 10 launch games for more than 1/2 an hour each, then I am afraid very few people can. As I said, for now, 2 screen implementation feels tacked on. I can easily change my opinion if a great game comes.
    Also about 2 screens being optional, its not. WiiU will sell because of the pad, its the main draw of wiiu. So even if its optional theoretically, you will find all wiiu games using 2 screens, whether for good or bad, because otherwise wiiu offers no tangible benefits over ps3/360.

Also on the topic, this dlc contains creation tools too which I missed earlier, so maybe the lbp community can come up with some great ideas.

Just presenting my ideas on things. Feel free to agree or disagree, just please be respectful. Peace.

#59 1 year ago
  60. polygem

@dragon: i wont look up any old posts for you, i told you many times. please just do that yourself.
    but why don’t you just read your very last one. it shows the problem i am having with you perfectly: you say you never called me a fanboy but at the same time you ”teach” me that this isn’t ninty4life.com. well that actually IS calling me a fanboy.
    you say that you do not insult others. then you go on: ” You are either suffering from selective memory loss, or you really have bad english skills, since you assume too much.”
    see what i mean?
    you are really unreflected about yourself and that shows in your posting. especially in your ninty related posting. that is what i am trying to tell you. you deny. that’s ok, but i still feel like i have to reflect that for you if you wont do it yourself.

#60 1 year ago
  61. polygem

one more thing. i do not insult anyone more than you or clupula…clup brought that up once and now you guys keep saying that i am the ”persoal insult” guy- all the time…just like you used the ndf term. it’s funny really. you are the real internet chaser pros. respect.

#61 1 year ago
  62. Dragon246

“you say you never called me a fanboy but at the same time you ”teach” me that this isn’t ninty4life.com. well that actually IS calling me a fanboy.”
    Who quotes from those kinds of sites here? You. Also, you don’t understand english well. Because if you did, you would have understood what insulting others mean.

Here is a sample for you. I was replying to OG who was making a very generalised comment but you just got the itch and here it is-

“#46

polygem
    09/12/12, 6:13 pm

clupula and dragon. it is hard to stay polite when you guys are around. i give it up. every time i read your comments i get hellraiser images in my head. don’t know why but it’s a true story…maybe it’s because your brains must be full of rusty nails as well. take a deep breath and then look in the mirror. or get yourself a social worker you can talk to or whatever. i wish you’d leave this page. it was better here without you.

#47

Dragon246
    09/12/12, 6:21 pm

Maybe you should stop getting worked up on a company? Every single thing I said is true, and none of it is speculation like you do with sony, and I don’t get angry regarding that, no one gets angry with stupid stuff like this.
    Maybe count 1 to 10? I heard it works for some.

Some smileys for you..
    :) :) :)

#48

polygem
    09/12/12, 6:24 pm

just read your last egomanic, selfish, unreflected post…then take the needles out of your brain, one by one.”

Stop replying to comments that have nothing to do with you. And just look who is more insulting and who started. As Michael said, stop replying to my comments, since none of them are aimed at you, that is, if you can.

#62 1 year ago
  63. polygem

dragon, i still think you have an image of yourself that is not even slightly representing the reality and seriously, it worries me a bit. your last post shows this yet again. every single one of them actually…just read them and think about it yourself.

”I have absolutely no interest in talking with someone who just cant listen to other opinions with respect.”

i sign that. now take a look in the mirror will you. i think on this page you are among the most closed minded guys around.
    you keep saying that this isn’t the case…your posts speak a different language.

#63 1 year ago
  64. polygem

i quoted ONCE from mynintendonews.com to say in a moster hunter thread that monolith are making a new wiiu game too and that they compared their ambitions to bethesda. i felt like some might be interested in that. you were -again – the first to write a negative comment about it in that same thread and now you even take that, post it here and pretent it is some kind of argument against me. drawing a picture of me constantly quoting ninty pages. it’s just a lie. a cheap little lie too. it’s fantasies and professional trolling, that’s exactly your style. no need to prove this. you prove it yourself over and over again. thx…
    and i indeed think this page was better without commenters like this.

…and the quotes of that thread you just posted…was that before or after clup said i am a son of of a bitch who needs to get fkuced in the arse in three different languages? if you wanna quote things, tell the whole story please.

oh, and @poly posts are not aimed at me…ok, in your world that probably even does make sense. sorry mate. be patient. i think soon i will fully understand how you tick.

#64 1 year ago
  65. Clupula

Poly, I’m curious as to why you keep bringing up things that I’ve said when replying to him. He may be trying to take the high road with you, but I make no promises. I don’t like you and you’ve insulted me personally enough that it’s pretty obvious that you don’t like me. In fact, I kept things from being personal until you started directly targeting he and I.

I think you’re a sad little fanboy living in a world of delusion and I would not be upset if you fell down the stairs tomorrow.

He, on the other hand, hasn’t done any of that. He’s tried to play nice, no matter how much of a dick you’ve been to the both of us. We’re not the same person, fraulein. So, whipping out shit I’ve talked about you against him just makes you seem even sadder.

And I really don’t have any idea how you don’t understand that when someone insults Nintendo, they’re not insulting you. When I told you to get fucked (and I should say that only one of them was a google translate quote, just because I heard it once and couldn’t remember exactly what it was…the one in Spanish), THAT was me insulting you. When you talk about how you’d like to stick needles into my brain, that’s actually a threat. Learn the difference, liebchen.

#65 1 year ago
  66. Hunam

I you you all need some fucking perspective if you’ve reached the point where you’d have no sympathy is personal harm is caused to each other when discussing videogames.

#66 1 year ago
  67. dtyk

@ the rage posts

I have been reading VG247 for several months now, and I have to agree that any sort of criticism towards Nintendo will automatically attract Polygem like moth to a flame. While the name “Nintendo Defense Force” might be insulting, it’s not completely untrue.

That being said, I do want to voice my opinion to the mods and Patrick. While I have thoroughly enjoyed the blog work (Dave, props for working on the weekend), I have to say that the discussions here are often the most depressing aspects of the site. It always starts very positive, then it would all go to shit. The articles with the highest comment counts are often just pure shit slinging and nothing constructive.

Whether or not this gets noticed, I don’t really care. However, I felt that I should voice my opinion if it can help towards the betterment of the site.

#67 1 year ago
  68. polygem

@clupula:you’re insulting me again, or trying to, calling me fraulein and liebchen like a racist american douche. lol. you also said that YOU wanted to fuck me hehe. i can clearly reply to that right now: no thanks. you are calling me fanboy again – sigh (”a sad little fanboy living in a world of delusion and I would not be upset if you fell down the stairs tomorrow”…insulting anyone?). i own and like all three consoles by the way. see, i really do not like you too and for the same reason i don’t like dragons posting much. your posts are ignorant, you’re insulting, you are closed minded and you even fail to see that…you also don’t know the hellraiser movies.
    i never said i wanted to stick needles in your head man…the post was quoted by dragon and it’s up there. it’s a picture i get of you when i imagine your state of mind.

#68 1 year ago
  69. polygem

@anonymous : i always start my posts in a positive way. always. i am here for the love of games, be it ninty sony whatever. not coming here for hating and insulting. anyone who only slightly knows my posting will clearly be able to see that. BUT i do shoot back when someone’s throwing poo at me.

#69 1 year ago
  70. OlderGamer

dytk, the site needs active moderation. The site used to be like this on both sides of the site. Once mods were established(in the forums) the insulting and fighting nearly stoped over in the forums.

however the fighting is one of the primary reasons some folks visit. Generaly speaking I would like to see full moderation. I am a forum mod, so that prolly makes sense.

I love a good descusion. But the insulting/fighting really is depressing, I agree.

#70 1 year ago
  71. DrDamn

If you want to express an opinion about the entirety of the WiiU launch line up then I expect you to know what you are expressing an opinion on. Whether that’s just in knowing what the functionality is that you are talking about or better yet having some experience of it.

The point about optionality of the controller. I gave two examples (map and mirrored play) which are both cheap to implement and don’t have to impact the original game design – hence additional game functionality remains optional. To the end user these can still be very valuable to the extent of justify buying the WiiU version over any other.

#71 1 year ago
  72. dtyk

@OlderGamer

Ah thanks for the insight. I’m personally not against arguments, and I understand why people would visit for the fighting. In truth, I find them kind of amusing myself. However, there is just a certain line that shouldn’t be crossed you know? Like a couple of jabs at each other is fine. However, if I go to the comments to see what people are thinking about the article, and I see the same shit slinging on the SAME topic like 2-3 weeks ago, that is a bit much.

Yeah I hope the mods can work out some balance. I don’t want this site to lose its character. Purging the arguments isn’t the solution, but everything needs to be had in moderation…

#72 1 year ago
  73. Clupula

@70 – I would personally love it if the fights stopped. I don’t come here to be insulting, but if someone’s going to talk shit, I’m not turning the other cheek. I can fight with the best of them. I grew up in an Italian family. I’d totally welcome mods to stop it. I’d agree to be civil if he would.

#73 1 year ago
  74. Clupula

@68 – Well, it’s accurate to say I haven’t been a fan of the Hellraiser series since Bloodlines ruined everything, but that was mostly due to studio interference and the need to maintain Pinhead/Elliot Spencer as the main character, instead of letting Angelique have a chance to shine.

Previous to that, it was one of my favorite horror series.

Also, very few Americans would even know what those two words mean, so I’m not sure how that would make me a “racist” American douche. My countrymen get angry when there are signs in Spanish, nevermind learning enough German to question your manhood.

Maybe I spent some time in Berlin over the years, eh? Didn’t think of that, did you?

#74 1 year ago
  75. OlderGamer

Fully upto Pat(site owner), on the mod situation. Sad that we need an active babysitter, but sometimes we do. Right now the staff handle the news side ofthe site, and the mods just help on the forums. We have zero power on the news side.

#75 1 year ago
  76. Clupula

@66- I didn’t say I was going to PUSH him down stairs, just that if it happened, it wouldn’t ruin my day.

#76 1 year ago
  77. Dragon246

Its really time and full time paid mod is appointed here. I think this site is big enough now to afford one mod. All it would take is half an hour a day to both root out the spams and do moderation.
    Selecting a mod from the community just wouldn’t work because at some point, he would be accused of biased views. An anonymous mod who just makes insulting comments go *poof* and never says a thing anywhere would be the best way to go imo.

Man, as I said earlier, I played the “supposedly” best games on the lineup, and was impressed only with nintyland in terms of 2 screen implementation. Every thing else was not good imo.

@Clupula
    Thanks dude :) As you said earlier, our views don’t match completely, but it sours the taste when someone falsely accuses you of something.

#77 1 year ago
  78. OlderGamer

Did you get a chance to play WiiU Dragon?

#78 1 year ago
  79. polygem

well i for one will leave this place. i was thinking about it anyway for a while now, why not doing it right now in a little big planet thread (lol) and without a bang. i find it depressing too. it makes me sad because i really like this page and the community but i don’t want to have to fight about all that closed minded shit anymore. i am a social therapist in real life and it feels like still being at work since some peeps are around here. so much denial and projection. it’s insane and i am out.
    thx to og, manu, orbit, monkeygourmet, da man, erth, doc, irelandMichael, gadzooks, hunam, freedomstain, g1ga, sadismek, absolute0, viral, triggerhappy, thelepathic.geometry and many many more for some great years of fun videogame discussions and opinion fights. i let you deal with the new school now.
    so finally i am fallig down the stairs.

#79 1 year ago
  80. Dragon246

I have said about it earlier, maybe you missed. I am going to bed now, so maybe I will explain next time.
    Peace.

#80 1 year ago
  81. Clupula

@78 – I know this was addressed to Dragon, but just to let you guys know, I will get a chance to play on Christmas, when I set up the system for my cousin’s 8 year old. I’m not expecting to be impressed, but if I am, I’ll say it.

#81 1 year ago
  82. OlderGamer

No one should leave. Just take a break,maybe a few hours or maybe a few days even. Or come play some WiiU with me(after I open my gifts for xmass). I can’t wait to put some laps on Sonic with you.

#82 1 year ago
  83. OlderGamer

Ok Dragon, missed it man. No worries. Nite bud.

Clu, yeah let me what ya think. What games will you get to try? Just NintendoLand? I thought NintendoLand was neat, but some of the other games are much cooler imo.

Just a reminder to be patient if/when updating.

#83 1 year ago
  84. Clupula

Probably just Nintendoland, unless she bought something else for him. I know she got the one with that packed in.

#84 1 year ago
  85. Stephany Nunneley

@82 – Best advice yet OG. Just take a break. As for the moderator suggestion – what good would it do? All of the writers have stepped in on more than one occasion and asked that folks keep things civil. When it comes down to it, the only voice anyone will listen to is Pat. Everyone else is ignored, and it takes something really derogatory or just plain vulgar for Pat to step in. Try to police yourselves a bit and act like grown-ups is the only thing I can say – which will promptly be ignored.

As far as the spam goes – again – as I am the only one who works the weekend shift I do what I can on the posts. As far as the forum itself is concerned, I cannot do anything about it because I do not have mod powers.

I mentioned this in the news thread when I asked a forum moderator to delete a couple posts for me just this morning.

Now, please be civil. It’s supposed to be the effing “season of giving” and all that junk. Practice it by giving each other some respect. Thanks.

#85 1 year ago
  86. Dragon246

Man, I was supposed to be sleeping but I just had to point the level of insulting going on unnoticed.

“#474

Da Man
    13/12/12, 7:44 pm

Have you tried masturbating, Dragon1234567890 yet? Or is it just vg247 and Metal Gear soundtracks daily?

It’s been a while since I’ve seen people bumping four year old threads due to having literally zero life. Poor young man.”

Is this ok?

#86 1 year ago
  87. OlderGamer

Bummer Clu, but that game gives you an idea of some of the things that can be done.

#87 1 year ago
  88. OlderGamer

Some posters walk the line more then other posters Dragon. DaMan is one of the more…colorful posters. Is it cool? No, not in my book. Is it banible? No.

I also don’t speak for Pat. If something goes beyond what you feel is reasonable. I sugest you cut/paste and link it in an email to Pat. But Pats job isn’t to make you guys get along or even to make you guys play nice. It is a big world, thick skin helps.

But if it is bullying, constant, and personal…that is different. Send an email. But make darn sure that you are not engaged throwing the same/simaler lvl of verbage. I have had to endure two or three such periods, and bans where handed out. But you can’t expect someone to ban anyone because you get the short end of the aurguement.

Just try your best to be a polite poster(sometimes that pisses people off more then slinging insults lol). Treat people the way you want to be treated. Most posters are cool enough.

Most of the time, if you give the jerks enough rope…they end up hanging themself.

#88 1 year ago
  89. OrbitMonkey

Y’all a bunch of wankers!!

*fap fap fap*

:-P

#89 1 year ago
  90. DrDamn

What did you play? This was in a department store wasn’t it?

The best the system has to offer won’t always validate the second screen as a gameplay device, this is one of the points I made – they don’t have to. A good game is a good game, the second screen can enhance some games or make possible new gameplay – it doesn’t have to though. It can just be used for minor enhancements like maps or additional hotkey input, or it can just mirror the TV to allow for play without using the TV. Mario is an example of this. Single player you can play the game without using the screen at all, you can play it with a Wiimote if you want. Is it disappointing Nintendo hasn’t used one of their flagship franchises to properly demonstrate the full features of their new system? Absolutely, but it also demonstrates you can have a great game without pandering to it too.

Similarly some of the not so great games can validate the second screen as a gameplay device without themselves being fantastic games. Good ideas poorly executed are still good ideas. So if you limit your sample to only ‘best’ you aren’t properly evaluating the system.

#90 1 year ago
  91. Da Man

Did that little miserable provocator mention the name of the thread it’s been posted in and the fact that he deliberately bumped a 4 year old thread?

Erm, yeah..

#91 1 year ago
  92. Cobra951

@70:

Are you saying there is none, or that the moderation is happening as intended? What I find funniest about this Nintendo-battle thread is that it’s attached to a story about LBP, the PS3 and the Vita. It wouldn’t remain unlocked or unedited for long on just about any forum I can think of. But then again, this is not so much a dedicated forum as a game-news site which permits commenting by the readers. *That* is why I’m here (not for the fighting). I’m a refugee from joystiq, sort of. They lost my readership because of the direction they decided to take.

Don’t get me wrong. It is a very entertaining thread. I rate it 3 popcorn buckets. Not being invested into the PS3, the Vita or the WiiU allows me to peruse it without undue emotion as well.

#92 1 year ago
  93. DrDamn

The article is about using a Vita as input device in LBP. I.e. doing very similar stuff to the WiiU. So Nintendo being discussed in this context is perfect valid. How it is discussed is another thing, but it’s a valid discussion.

#93 1 year ago
  94. Clupula

@87 – oh, and before this becomes a thing, please no one call me “Clu” ever again. That name is reserved for Clu Gulager of Return of the Living Dead fame and him alone.

My screenname is actually my first initial and my last name. Never been one for picking out fancy phrases or stuff like that when it comes to screennames.

#94 1 year ago
  95. OlderGamer

Cobra, the mod duties are taken care of on the news side of the site buy Pat and the staff. Pat just has a very hands off aproach. That is the way Pat likes it.

In the forums, Pat has knighted(lol) a handful of mods. But the scope of duties falls more in line with spam gaurd then with policing posters are posting.

For the most part it all has worked pretty well over the years. It gets more challenging as the site grows in size. But I am not sure poster/mods are the way to go.

#95 1 year ago
  96. OlderGamer

Cobra, the mod duties are taken care of on the news side of the site by Pat and the staff. Pat just has a very hands off aproach. That is the way Pat likes it.

#96 1 year ago