Project Godus: Mac version announced, new video blog published

Tuesday, 11th December 2012 11:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Project Godus is coming to Mac, 22 Cans head Peter Molyneux has confirmed. The announcement comes as the game’s Kickstarter funding passes the halfway mark. Get the details below.

CVG reports that Project Godus passed the halfway point of its £450,000 funding goal this morning, and that the Mac edition was announced as a result.

On the project’s update wall, Molyneux wrote, “The team at 22cans are terribly excited to make the following announcement; we are now officially supporting Mac! So that means GODUS will be developed for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.”

The team also issued this new behind-the-scenes video blog:

What do you make of Godus? Do you think it will be funded? Let us know below.

1. Gheritt White

HURRAH! Glad I backed this, now!

2. viralshag

I will be surprised if this actually hits the target. 10 days to go and £200k needed…

3. DSB

Yeah, not looking good.

4. TheWulf

Am I the only one who winced when he just tossed aside that one guy’s iPhone?

Bored of that now!” *CLUNK!*

Poor git. Really not a good idea to just throw down expensive hardware like that.

5. TheWulf

I’m personally glad I didn’t pledge on this, to be honest. It looks boring. I don’t want Populus, it wasn’t exactly a great game. Settlers was much better in that regard.

The really creative stuff they did was more along the lines of Dungeon Keeper and Black & White. To me, that just continues to say that Molyneux wasn’t really the mind behind the creativity of Bullfrog or Lionhead. Either that, or he’s playing it incredibly safe.

This, to me, just looks boring. Completely devoid of any kind of charm or individuality whatsoever.

Sigh. If only this had been a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper, rather than bloody Populus.

It’s depressing because their page looks like some kind of marketing spreadsheet. It’s devoid of humanity. It’s just… “professional.” Which is nice, I guess? But to me it reminds me more of business meetings than games. It’s clean, and it’s clinical, and it has absolutely no character whatsoever.

And they’re wondering why it’s not getting the backing it could be?