PlayStation Plus members get Super Street Fighter IV free this week

Tuesday, 11th December 2012 00:24 GMT By Naren Hooson

The PlayStation Network update for this week will add Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and Rochard to the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members.

The PS3 games add to the ever growing library which saw BioShock 2 added last week next to Infamous 2, courtesy of Joystiq.

Most people will be familiar with Super Street Fighter IV, where Rochard is described as “Fantastic puzzle-platforming in the form of taking control of astro-miner John Rochard.” It goes on to exclaim, “You’ll be addicted to the gravity control mechanics of Rochard as you solve environmental puzzles and explore new ways to navigate the wonderful trappings of this galactic platformer.”

The update takes effect between 2:00pm and 5:00pm PST, according to the PlayStation blog, which has more details on each game.

1. speedxl01

I wonder which free game does 360 gold subscribers get this week..

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dragon246

Who knows….
    Remember, you get 69p on your birthday, so I think that evens out :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. ryan.schoon

So just because PS Network gives temporary free access to games, you need to point out that xbox doesn’t do that?

#3 1 year ago
  4. MACHOFLEX

Hahaaa yeah he does =) Plus is such a great deal!!! And yeah i literally made an account just so i can back him up!

#4 1 year ago
  5. clynchehaun

wish wish 24/7 would differentiate between the NA PSN store and the EU one. Sure its fairly obvious which is which once you start digging but it would be nice to see it in the title.

#5 1 year ago
  6. bakum4tsu

From what it was told me, unless they lied, as long as you have the Plus subscription, you can play these free games as long as you have them on your HD.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@6 So you’re basically renting the game? Just like you “rent” the use of online play on the Xbox?

Failing to see the difference here.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Joe Musashi

To the end user there’s quite a meaningful difference:

One service provides you with multiplayer functionality when used with content bought separately at additional cost.

Another service provides you with content at no additional cost.

JM

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dragon246

Brilliant! Stole words right from my mouth :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Erthazus

Such a great deal to pay for the service to get a game (rent the game) that is from 2010.
    Yeah, lol.

Playstation fanboys…

#10 1 year ago
  11. CyberMarco

Haters gonna hate

PS+ was one of the main reasons I got a PS3 this late, got the subscription for 37€ back in September, adding so much value for my gaming needs. Still I haven’t bought any game, I’m not sure when I’ll buy one. I haven’t even tried all those games offered in the sub…

#11 1 year ago
  12. Ireland Michael

@11 I have a PS+ subscription.

#12 1 year ago
  13. CyberMarco

@Michael, I wasn’t referring to you, but to Erth.

To put it this way, one individual goes and buy an Xbox 360 and a PS3 (no fanboyism etc.). He has 0 games in his library for both systems. He can pay 50€/y for XBL Gold and have access to various apps and online play, but still 0 games and pay 50€/y for PS+ for 12 games instantly available (plus new games every month) and with online functions.

#13 1 year ago
  14. mathare92

@13 …Or pay nothing at all and still enjoy access to online gameplay – something that is pretty much standard across every other platform besides the 360.

#14 1 year ago
  15. DrDamn

A Netflix sub is rubbish, it gives me no free phone calls. My phone line rental is much better, I get free calls at the weekend.

#15 1 year ago
  16. speedxl01

@3 Yes I need to point it, it’s unfair to pay on Xbox to play online.

@10 Yes it’s a great deal, you get access to 12 games instantly, plus 3 or 4 more each month, cumulatively , that’s like 57 games a year, and you can keep them and re-download them, as you wish, as long as you are subscribed, between other benefits.

#16 1 year ago