One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 scheduled for European release, new screens

Tuesday, 11th December 2012 07:11 GMT By Naren Hooson

Namco Bandai have announced that One Piece: Kaizoku Musou 2 or Pirate Warrior 2 is set for release in 2013 on PS3 in Europe.

That Videogame Blog has a gallery of screen shots that have been released and report that Skypiea will be a playable arc as well as Eneru will apparently be playable.

1. Dragon246

@Naren
    I am pretty sure its the same game. Kaizoku is “pirates” in japanese.
    Kaizoku musou is japanese for pirate warriors.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Telepathic.Geometry

Really? I’m pretty sure that musou means unrivaled or unparalleled or unlimited. I guess they change the name in English or something…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

@TG
    You may know that musou name is used for dynasty warriors style game, like one piece musou , gundam musou and so on.
    Japanese names really are long for few games.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Naren Hooson

@Dragon, thanks, wasn’t sure if the same or not. Makes sense, I’ll update now.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Telepathic.Geometry

I have no idea really, I’ve never played one of those games as they don’t really appeal to my gaming tastes, I’m just going on my general Japanese language knowledge. The “sou” part means pair, set or comparison, and the “mu” part is like ‘un’ in English, so it should mean unparalleled or unequaled or can’t be compared or some shit in English I guess, but I’m no expert by any means.

These things sometimes have weird meanings out of the blue, so for all I know your guess is as good as mine. Actually, you’re probably right on this one, so don’t mind this old gamer’s crazy ramblings. :) /deep bow

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dragon246

@TG
    You are absolutely right in the meaning of musou, but as you would have noticed, its translation in english is too damn long.
    *bows in exchange*

#6 1 year ago
  7. CyberMarco

Still have to play the first one, maybe I’ll skip the 1st if the second is better, maybe some cross-functions?

#7 1 year ago