Wii U only moving 1.2 games per console – analyst

Saturday, 8th December 2012 21:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Wii U is moving 1.2 games per system sold, according to Longbow Research analyst James Hardiman, down from two games sold per console when Wii was first introduced in 2006. Hardiman gleaned his figures from the latest NPD report, via GI International, and believes the lower than expects units numbers derive from one of two things: the inclusion of NintendoLand with the Wii U Deluxe version; or the console price left consumers’ wallets a bit too empty to purchase more than one title. Most analysts tend to agree, though, that the console will continue to sell well into spring 2013. Beyond summer, even the analysts are unsure.

1. SpaceDinosaur

The reason is because Nintendo did not have a new 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or even Starfox game at launch =(

The Wii U’s launch was the same as the 3DS =(

Long time Nintendo fans (The people who support Nintendo the most) want a new 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or even Starfox game when they pick up a new Nintendo system.

All the Wii U had was ports and sugar coated games (Super Mario Bros 2 Wii U).

I grew up with the SNES, and ever since then, a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or even Starfox game has always made buy a new system.

Sadly such news for the Wii U most likely won’t be made until next Spring or further.

2. polygem

i think the launch line up is really really great. enjoyable stuff… i think it´s because they all hang out on miiverse too much ;)
    i definitley bought more games than planned. this far it´s:
    -nsmbu
    -nintendoland
    -zombiu
    -trine2
    -nano assault
    -tekken
    -cod blops
    -sonic all stars racing
    -batman

that list is a pretty decent variety of quality games imho.
    i still haven´t played darksiders II yet, so i will get that one too at some point. i love having the option to play stuff on the couch ore bed, that´s why i will pick up the wiiu version of darksiders.

…scribblenauts isn´t out in europe yet unfortunateley :(

i believe the second and third wave of wii u releases will be the REAL heavy hitters.

3. Fin

in b4 poly defends-

oh

Anyone know what the final attach ratio of the Wii was?

4. OlderGamer

I own:

Funky Barn
    Madden13
    AssCred III
    Sonic Racing
    Nintendoland
    Nano
    Warriors Orcha
    Tank Tank Tank
    Rise of Gaurdian
    Epic Mickey 2
    ZombiU

So there is my 1.2 purchased games lol.

Oh and I have Rayman and Aliens both preorderd.

5. wishdokta

The analyst cites low retail games sales across US himself. No Wii U only problem despite the unlucky news title.
    I guess there is a simple answer: iphone (which came after Wii), tablet, hundreds of devices you can play on, too.

“or the console price left consumers’ wallets a bit too empty to purchase more than one title.”
    - Nope. Single retail games nowadays are cheaper than single games 6 yrs ago. 360 & PS3 consoles were more expensive at launch without a game. If I remember correctly, so was the Wii. It would be interesting to see how exactly bundled Wii U games are affecting his opinion and what consumers are spending money on 2012 compared to 2006.

6. SpaceDinosaur

#2, #3, and #4

Will you all play those games more then a few times ?

Will you trade most if not all of them in after a short period of time ?

Honestly out of all of the games that all of you listed, Nintendo Land and Scribblenauts are the only thing’s that are out now that interest me.

Everything else is ports, movie games, or sugar coated games =(

There isn’t a AAA first party game from Nintendo (I don’t count Nintendo Land as a game, I count it as a mini game)

And as for the games that Nintendo revealed for release in the next few months Pikmin 3 is really the only game I am looking forward to.

Why can’t/won’t Nintendo make more fresh 1st party AAA games ?

Why couldn’t the Wii U have a game like Mario Sunshine, Galaxy, or Ocarina of Time ?

I think it’s because people keep buying the ports, movie games, or sugar coated games.

7. OlderGamer

All I can say is that I love WiiU.

Doesn’t bother me if I am not in the majority or not. To me the system is amazing. My wife and I are sitting in our chairs. She is watching food network on our living room tv. I am typing this on my WiiU GamePad. I love that.

I enjoy the games I have played except Epic Mickey2 that was horrible. Ask Dr.Damn, lol, I can not put down Funky Barn. It is like Viva Pinata vs a RTS vs ???. I was blown away, way too much fun.

Sonic is killier good. Evertyhing is excellent. What is wrong with that? All my opinion, ofc. But, on this site, like most sites, when the subject of WiiU comes up…the ones complaining don’t even own the sytem. I haven’t talked to anyone that owns it, that doesn’t like it.

People talk about Ndf, lol, but it is the same very nonWiiU owners that like to put it down. Some of you folks know me, I hate almost everything, but I love WiiU. The last system I was this excited about was Dreamcast.

8. SpaceDinosaur

#7 I don’t dislike the Wii U’s hardware, I think it is amazing.

But when it comes to the games, it feels like the 3DS all over again.

I bought the 3DS at launch and was very disappointed with the launch games, I traded my first 3DS in because of it.

I later bought a 2nd 3DS for the Ambassador games and Super Mario 3D Land.

And I loved the Dreamcast.

9. daytripper

Each to their own, I buy a system if I think it’s worth it regardless of who makes it, I’ve always been like that, Sony, MS,Sega or Nintendo as long as I feel it’s worth purchasing I will but from what I have played the Wii U, I don’t feel it, I don’t feel it is worth the money Nintendo are asking for it and I haven’t been impressed much with the
    system along with the online infrastructure.

One thing I will say is that I found the controller to be comfortable and the D pad is excellent otherwise there is nothing there I see to invest my money, since the Wii Nintendo have been really disappointing in myopinion when it comes to what I want out of hardware.

10. G1GAHURTZ

Maybe because they would like to buy it, but it’s had such a disaster of a launch, that they’re not buying it.

- needs a huge day 1 patch

- all too easily bricked, and eats DVDs

- freezes up all too regularly

- slow UI

- comparatively weak online system (although only if you’re really into online MP)

(All of the above is from the words of WiiU owners!)

- regularly slaughtered by the gaming and mainstream press alike.

With the next gen consoles supposedly in the horizon, you’d have to be seriously over optimistic about this console’s long term potential to buy into it now.

11. Clupula

I don’t have to set my dick on fire to know that it would hurt. The Wii U lineup sucks, quite honestly. There’s not a single launch game I have even the slightest interest in, and beyond that, the only title that would be cool is Bayonetta 2.

I know that you’d like to imagine that Sony will be begging outside in the cold, while Nintendo ALLOW Microsoft to be in charge of the West, but the reality is far, far different. This system is Nintendo’s attempt at grabbing the hardcore gamer and many of us opened our eyes, checked out what Nintendo were offering us, and then walked away, unimpressed.

Those of you who enjoy the scraps you’re fed from Nintendo, by all means, continue to enjoy them. None of us are trying to stop you. But it’s hilarious how much reality the Nintendo Magic crowd will continue to deny every time there’s an article pointing out that things are not quite rose-tinted in the rupee land of Tingle.

The only reason the Wii succeeded was that Nintendo managed to grab the soccer mom crowd last time. That crowd has moved on to the iPhone now. This time, Nintendo are back in Gamecube territory. The only difference is that the Gamecube was technically superior to its rivals (except for that ridiculous controller). This time, Nintendo are playing catch-up and doing a pretty poor job at it.

Notice something big from yesterday’s VGA’s?

Couldn’t help but notice not a single one of the big titles from then were Wii U titles.

12. OlderGamer

The thing is, the so called Nintendo crowd aren’t the ones complaning. It is the folks that don’t own one. And I am far from calling launch perfect.

But ghz most of that stuff you listed is an exageration. All consoles have launch bumps. RRoD anyone? PSx was so bad, one third of launch systems in na had to be turned upside down in order to get the disc to read. WiiU has had some systems brick, most of the time people couldn’t sit still and let their update finish downloading. There was freezing from time to time, that recieved a patch.

I don’t care if you guys buy one. Upto you. But for the same people to troll Nintendo threads saying the samethings over and over is just silly. That wasn’t directly aimed at you ghz, btw.

I like to keep my trusty tin foil hat handy sometimes, but ever give much thought as to WHY Nintendo gets hate from traditional gamers and the press that feeds them? There is a nugget there if you think about it a bit. The general public and mainstream press love Nintendo. Heck wasn’t it Time or People(forgot which) that just game WiiU a second place award for new tech? And, after ipad the new system is the one most asked for as a hoiday gift. Lots of folks like the system and Nintendo, they sell millions of units of hardware and software. Someone must be buying it.

And if I recall, the same Nintendo Sucks chatter was all the buzz with the Wii as well.

There was a great and recent piece on gameindustry.biz that touch on the hate for nontraditional gamers. It made perfect sense, and easily fits with stuff like Wii, WiiU, Mobile, and social gaming. I will bet if you are smart, honest, and can reflect on yourself, you can figure it out. If not go visit that site and read.

The answer isn’t that you(traditional gamers) simply don’t enjoy these games. It has more to do with you folks not WANTing to allow yourself to enjoy them. There is a lot to it.

I am nuts?

Three of the seasons biggest third party games are on WiiU, and from what I have read(even from many game critics and reviewers), the WiiU versons are the better version. But still people spew and hate, while playing Madden13, AssCredIII, and BlopsII on other systems. I am not saying you should buy the system to play thse games, esp if you can play em on hardware you already own. But I am saying you can’t legitimitly say the system is deviod of quality games and stinks.

To me, that is crazy. To me the issue isn’t if someone doesn’t wantthe system, the issue is when someone says the system stinks when they clearly haven’t spent any time on it(no a store demo doesn’t quality time make). And we see it all of the time here, everywhere really. People really are ill informed. Even yiu ghz, to isten to you one might think the system couldn’t read discs, locked/froze if you looked at it funny, had a 12hour patch(min took twtny mins from unboxing to being totaly done with updates, patches, Wii to WiiU data transfers), and ofc they don’t brick left and right. It also isn’t any slower then a xb360/ PS3 UIwise. Some of the apps take a few seconds to load. So does netflix on xbl too. No biggie.

WiiU perfect? Nope. Wasn’t expecting it to be. But is it the cluster f you guys think it is?Heck no, you would know that tho if you put a few hours behind the gamepad.

13. SpaceDinosaur

#12 Personally I like the hardware side of the Wii U, but when it comes to the games . . The games that fans would want, Nintendo has a “You’ll get them when and if we decide to make them” attitude.

Would you #12 want a completely fresh Mario, Zelda, Metriod, or Starfox game for the Wii U ?

I’m sure a lot of people who grew up playing the NES, SNES, N64, etc . . Would agree.

But Nintendo hasn’t done it and hasn’t shown any sign that they will =(

We most likely will get a new fresh Mario and Zelda game at some point, but Metriod and Starfox probably not at all =(

14. OlderGamer

Tbh, I think Nintendo held back on first party games in th launch window in an effort to cultivate 3rd party sales. Nintendos own games always dominate the software sales for their hardware. Many third parties have expressed concern and reluctance to publish on nintendo harware because of it. I think Nintendo held back thier heavy hitters on purpose. To give 3rd parties space.

NsmbWiiU is more then solid imo. I like the 2D ones better then the 3D ones. I know some disagee, that is ok. But yeah, no doubt the Zeldas, Metriods, Kirby, Poke’mons, and more will roll in down the road. I know Pikmin 3, is right around the corner.

15. Cobra951

“I don’t have to set my dick on fire to know that it would hurt.”

Hahaha! Perfect.

@OG:

You keep banging that drum, and it’s getting irritating. We don’t need to buy this thing to express our opinions about it. There is plenty of objective information available to judge its worth, or lack of it. It’s ludicrous to suggest that only the system buyers are qualified to weigh in on it. How sweet that would be for any commercial-propaganda machine: If you don’t want it enough to buy it, you can’t comment.

16. Telepathic.Geometry

@14: I think that’s a widely accepted theory, and not only, nor even mainly, to help 3rd party, but also because they know it’ll sell well for a the honeymoon period anyway, and they’re probably holding back the really good shit for late 2013, when the competition launch…

17. SpaceDinosaur

#14 I agree with you. I can understand that.

But I really can’t understand why Nintendo wouldn’t at least announce one of the games I said, to get the Mario, Zelda, Metriod, and Starfox fans excited about the Wii U.

If I knew at least 1 of the four games would be available in a couple of months I would buy a Wii U Deluxe and reserve the game that would come out.

18. monkees19

I bought 3 games at launch. ZombiU, NSMB U and Nintendo Land (bought basic)

19. Francis O

This doesn’t account for digital sales so its already inaccurate.

I bought, New Super Mario Bros U, ZombiU, and NintendoLand with the Deluxe. The system is fine, its the launch. Give it some time. What system sellers did the PS3 or 360 have at launch? Res Fall of Man, Genji, Kameo, Madden 06? At lease the Wii U had some solid ports at launch. And original titles like ZombiU and Scribblenauts Unlimited (in the US) I’m surprised on how much people are just writing off New Super Mario Bros U? That series has sold over 45 million units. Its for sure a Great game and a system seller.

If anybody thinks the PS4 and 720 are going to launch without ports and a million original day one games….. you smoking something.

20. Gekidami

^ …Wait, what? What ports would the PS4 and NextBox actually launch with? Its not like theres already a system on the market with exactly the same visuals they’ll have, and the the current gen consoles sure as hell didnt get a load of PS2 & original Xbox ports at launch because the systems were vastly different. Your “solid port” argument is null, because first off they’re all shoddy ports, literally every port on the WiiU is inferiour to the PS3 & 360 versions bar NG3 which has extra content but is still worst technically. Secondly its getting ports because its tech is equal to the that of 8 year old consoles, ports of games people can play on systems they already own isnt a positive, the fact that people arent buying games for it is proof of that. Once devs move on from the 360 & PS3 they’ll also move on from the WiiU, so bye bye ports, hello vast nothingness.

21. Erthazus

Actually PS2 and original Xbox or PS3/X360 recieved at launch PC ports too.

but there is actually a difference in quantity.

22. polygem

guys, seriously, if you do not feel like it: don’t buy one. i truly love the wiiu this far. it’s funny: nintendo launches a console with a nsmb game and a great collection of superquality nintendo themed partygames. they have some of the biggest third party heavy hitters as ports (shame on them for giving us games everyone likes on every other platform)…it’s actually something everyone and his mom complained the wii was lacking. guys like clupula still use the ‘soccer mom’ term and he still is complaining about wiiu now, lol. hey, you can play blops2 on it now, it looks gorgeous, you can even play it on the tablet alone but you also have the option to use the fantastic pro controller (which feels almost as good as the 360 pad and i love it)…so nintendo listened to every single complaint people had about the wii and satisfied the ninty fans with some quality launch games too…then there’s miiverse which, to me, is almost revolutionary. pikmin 3 on the way, rayman, a third party exclusive on the way…still they suck, sure. you needed to update your console…wait, what’s that pop up screen on my ps3 saying?

23. Erthazus

“hey, you can play blops2 on it now, it looks gorgeous”

I LOLED.

Even on my PC in 2560×1440 resolution it looks like a massive bland texture with ok models with 50 polygons on them
    you are smoking too much of Halo weed. Can i get some too?

24. polygem

erth…sure it looks better on the pc man, but that’s really not the point here! pc, graphicswise, will always be superiour. but it wont stream on my phone from my pc to play it in bed or will it…that’s a real killer feature. now gimme the number of the guy selling that haloweed so i can relax with that and cod in bed for a while.

25. Da Man

Ertharsessus, out of morbid curiosity how many people did you talk to during the last 365 days?

(Not including vg247)

26. Erthazus

“but it wont stream on my phone from my pc to play it in bed or will it…”

Onlive, Gaikai?

27. polygem

…my phone doesnt have 2 analog sticks and 4 shoulder buttons

28. monkeygourmet

I have (before it bricked lol):

Zombie U
    Sonic All Star Racing
    Nintendo Land
    NanoAssualt
    Trine 2
    Another E-Shop game I can’t remember the title!

The Wii U is great.

Should you buy one now? Maybe if your a fan of new intresting tech and like Nintendo stuff.

What it comes down to is early adoption. Are ANY consoles worth buying first thing?

The answer is almost always no. 360, PS3, Vita, 3DS… None of these consoles had a reason to purchase over your existing console with a huge back catalog of games.

Wii U is no different. But to blindly bash Nintendo as if these factors are unique to them is just stupid.

I love tech. When 720 comes out, i’ll buy that. When PS4 comes out, i’ll prob get that too at some point.

Will they be the second coming… No.

Launch games will prob be up-ressed ports of stuff we already have.

Will people experience problems with launch machines, almost certainly…

If you want some fun, by all means, pick up a Wii U. It’s a great machine with some excellent couch co-op already, and it’ll have some great games in it’s lifecycle.

There are also great games coming out next year for all consoles, so the other option is to just enjoy those. (Hence why Far Cry 3 has kept me occupied till my Wii U gets back).

This constant bitching needs to stop, just realise, it doesn’t matter what Nintendo does, you’ll still all be ragging on them.

Christ, when they announce Bayonetta 2, everyone complains!!!!

Mental attitutde, but also typical of short sighted fan boys who can’t look beyond brand loyality.

29. CyberMarco

@27, like this or this?

30. polygem

@29: no, better than that. much better…

31. Mrleelongi

You just made me laugh.

- Current gen specs that struggle with ports of supposedly graphically weak games. (I really haven’t noticed frame rate issues or anything that has been mentioned other than maybe during cutscenes in Batman). So, if the fps is dropping it’s not enough in the three games (that are ports) that I have, for me to notice. So it’s okay to forget launch games for the PS3 and 360? No, I’ve heard that their launch games didn’t look as good either. They looked like last gen games and look at the games now. Wii U games look like very late current (last) gen games, so games in two years or so should look way better than they do now. Do you really expect devs to take the time to pretty the games up for a new console if they’re ports, or do you think they’re more than likely to just do a quick and sloppy or in some cases good, port?

- needs a huge day 1 patch

Most tech needs day one patches. Heck the compture you’re one probably had patches on day one!

- all too easily bricked, and eats DVDs

As stated already, idiots are idiots and do the big no no, turning off the system during the update process. Some of course got lemons (few) and others were just unlucky and had their system freeze. Heck even the 3DS firmware was a little buggy when it launched. Heck wanna talk about the firmware when Vita launched? Eats DVDs? DVDs that have 25 freaking GB worth of space! That’s more than Microsoft’s dual layered discs for the 360. We’re also talking about a single layered discs here for the Wii U.

- freezes up all too regularly

I’ll sort of give you that but it has been fixed by an update already.

- slow UI

I’ll give but it’s not really that bad.

??? Not sure how people are really even judging that. I’d say it’s to early still to judge that. Wanna talk about how bad the 360′s or PS3′s online system was within it’s first month or so… Yeah give it time.

- regularly slaughtered by the gaming and mainstream press alike.

What’s new? Nintendo’s the only company that’s probably “died” like 10 times or more. Point being that everyone has always been counting Nintendo down and out for a long time now. You’d think people would learn not to but then again we are talking about… well… uh… I’m not even gonna go there.

32. Dragon246

Man, same old people defending their beloved company. Is it that hard to take any negative news about your beloved company?
    Its nobodies business if you like a console, but berating them for not owning a (niche right now) console is not wise.
    WiiU may or may not be a success. But at this rate, the later seems a better bet. Also remember that ninty could ill afford a price cut now like 3ds.
    Ninty, not sony or ms will be the first one to quit hardware business, if anyone would. Reason is very simple, they cant afford losses like sony or ms can. And hardware is a volatile business. Everybody would have laughed 30 years ago if someone said Apple will be the biggest mnc in the world.
    Also both sony and ms have stated the gaming business as a core part of their group. Core businesses are the most financially stable businesses, and very few companies leave their core business.

33. Old MacDonald

I think the theory that Nintendo are not releasing any big hitters to help third party publishers get a foothold is pretty unlikely.

First of all, because it would be a really bad business move for them. For any console manufacturer, in fact. They need a “killer app” or two, all console launches need that, don’t think for a moment that the next Xbox won’t launch with a new Halo or Gears of War, and more. The launch period is not the time to “give the other publishers a shot”, that time _may_ come later, but certainly not during the single most important time in the console’s life cycle.

Secondly, because it builds on the idea that the reason third party games aren’t selling well on Nintendo consoles are the first party games themselves. I think that’s a very simplistic and unrealistic way of looking at things. The situation is much more complicated, and it’s not like Nintendo can force people to become more interested in third-party games simply by not releasing any major first-party games.

Honestly, I think the most likely explanation is that there are problems going on behind the scenes. That’s a theory, not something I’m sure of, but I can’t imagine them not releasing a new Zelda or whatever now if they could. We know making good games is difficult, especially for a new console and control system, and we know Nintendo have very high standards. So maybe, just maybe, things haven’t gone as smoothly as they wanted. Maybe their big-name titles just aren’t good enough to be sold or even shown off, and need more development time (or even a restart).

34. polygem

there’s nsmbu and nintendoland. 2 great and very solid nintendo launch games. pikmin will be released soon. the metroid and zeldas wont take too long. at least that’s my guess. wiiu has more than enough solid launch games. it would be stupid to launch more now, it’s better to wait until spring with the second wave.
    @Dragon…we’ll see about that.

35. Fin

|at least that’s my guess

Didn’t you “guess” that Nintendo were going to announce a major first-party game for launch?

36. DrDamn

Just out of interest, what is a normal or good launch attach ratio and what proportion of WiiU sold in the US are premiums? Anyone know?

E.g. in the UK 80%+ of the machines at launch were premium packs with either Nintendoland or ZombiU packed in.

37. polygem

@35: launch window…

38. Da Man

You ‘re a moron…

Why would they laugh at that possibility when it was the dawn of the regular customer PC market and they were among it’s pioneers.. That’s like saying you would laugh at the notion of Bungie or id being successful when there were practically noone around at the time they started.

One of the most idiotic and inane bs I’ve read this week.

Now 15-20 years ago, everyone would laugh indeed.

39. monkeygourmet

Same old people talking shit.

How coincidental it’s almost always Sony fanboys. After many, many forum posts its easy to see they are the most delusional Company zombies in gaming.

They attack MS and Nintendo in equal measure, with equal misinformation.

The only time is see people attack or criticise Sony is for things Sony themselves have over sold or over promised. To me, that’s fair game…

Sony usually leave themselves wide open after stupid promises they can’t keep or basic lies…

See over promised PS3 abilities and Dualshock fiasco etc…

40. ryan.schoon

The reason the WiiU isn’t selling is because everyone who is a serious gamer ALREADY bought all those games on the other systems. Batman? COD? Rayman even? Check, check, and check. I plan on getting a WiiU this Christmas and the only game I’m going to get besides the included Nintendoland would be ZombiU. This is not a strong launch lineup. They are trying to get me to buy games again that I already own, which I won’t do.

And to the casual gamer, Nintendoland is probably enough for them.

41. OlderGamer

Just my opinion, but the WiiUs GamePad is a Killer App. So is MiiVerse. Killier Apps and reasons to purchase are not always just a 1st party game.

I also think that Nintendos big gun ips will come out later to sustain sales and compete with ms and sony. But I believe that Pikim3 is done. I fully belive that holding it back makes sense on two fronts. Keep in mind the efforts Nintendo put into making 3rd parties happy, just like the pro controler for actis cod. If Zelda launches with the system…where would consumer and media focus be?

I think Nintendo has a great strategy.

As far as people getting tired of me and others saying they like the system…why? Why should that bother you guys? Same old voices defending? How about same old people attacking? And you guys don’t even own one.

There is a lot of “info” out there on the system. Belive me or not, but I am telling you most of it is exagerated or just plan wrong. No system is perfect. But gamers still play Xb360 despite RRoD. And despite a very high launch price and a complete lack of Killer Apps, people still enjoy the PS3. WiiU has had a few launch bumps. None of them doom the system or Nintendo.

Honestly I feel sorry for those that could afford to buy a WiiU, but won’t because of the hate, missinfo, or just the logo on the box. You will be missing out on some very cool gaming experiences. We are gamers, it is the games that should matter the most. I didn’t miss outbon LBP because it was on a PS3. And I didn’t miss out on Gears of War because it was on a xb360. And I did not miss out on game of the year canidate, Xenoblade Cronicles just because it was a Wii game. And I sure as hell won’t miss out on one of the best damn systems I have ever played just because it is a Nintendo system. I know the Nintendo IPs will continue to validate the purchase.

Boys, I am a Gamer! What are you?

42. Clupula

The Miiverse is supposed to get me to buy a system. Seriously?!?

43. polygem

@42: why not? it’s great. in combination with games, like nsmb for example, with all the ingame drawings and tips of your friends, it is clear to see that this is the future of social gaming. with miiverse now even xbl looks kind of outdated to me in a way…i am obviously mainly with monkey and og here, but i am out of this discussion now. this stuff is getting old. wii u is plain awesome, if you don’t want one, fine…pissing all over it while not even having played it is just plain stupid. it just is. no words in this world will change that. it is your loss you hardcore gamers you.

Edit: just checked. i’ve putted approx. 12 hours into miiverse yet. have the system how long now? 10 days?…sounds pretty killer app to me. havent played that much halo 4 yet (and i am a huge halo fan)

44. OlderGamer

Nothing Nintendo can do Clupula, would make you want to buy a WiiU. But yes MiiVerse is an amazing feature.

45. Dragon246

You missed LBP vita, Sound Shapes (Best handheld game of the year), Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, Mutant Blobs and so on, all of them either GOTY or contenders with vita games sweeping every handheld awards this year. Easily proves its the best handheld in the market, with 3ds winning the wooden spoon.
    Sorry dude, the defensive comments here are borderline ridiculous. Lamenting console non owners even worse.
    Vita is the best console imo. I played the shit out it and still play it everyday. But I do not try to spin the sales, or memory prices or other bad news surrounding it. No one does it here for any console here except , BINGO! the wiiu owners, who lament how others are not buying a console that’s sold on a profit, when neither ms or sony does it and hence, both of them provide a hardware that is better than a pc of same cost. While ninty thinks its Apple and continues to sell poor hardware at an overpriced cost.

“We are gamers, it is the games that should matter the most. ”
    Yep, and yet all I hear you lamenting is “Woah, vita is over-priced even though its the most powerful handheld and sold at a loss”. Keep up your double standards.
    None of the mario rehashes won anything this year.
    And yeah, I played both your wii games, last story is good, as expected for the founder of ff games, with amazing cover art too , while xenoblade was mediocre. And both were ruined by pathetic hardware of wii, both in graphics and controls department.
    And I played them last year.Something you cant do because of the pathetic region locking system that ninty has.
    Looks like I am the true gamer here. You have a bigger list to play.

46. polygem

clupula and dragon. it is hard to stay polite when you guys are around. i give it up. every time i read your comments i get hellraiser images in my head. don’t know why but it’s a true story…maybe it’s because your brains must be full of rusty nails as well. take a deep breath and then look in the mirror. or get yourself a social worker you can talk to or whatever. i wish you’d leave this page. it was better here without you.

47. Dragon246

Maybe you should stop getting worked up on a company? Every single thing I said is true, and none of it is speculation like you do with sony, and I don’t get angry regarding that, no one gets angry with stupid stuff like this.
    Maybe count 1 to 10? I heard it works for some.

Some smileys for you..
    :) :) :)

48. polygem

just read your last egomanic, selfish, unreflected post…then take the needles out of your brain, one by one.

49. monkeygourmet

Fuck, you just don’t get it!!!

Head meet wall… Bang bang….

The Vita HAS some great games! I just told my friend to purchase one, he was going to get a PSP but I swayed him over to the Vita because of games like tear away etc…

But SONY’S treatment of the system has been awful, that is a fact.

What’s the point of having these great games if the console may die prematurely?

Same with the PS3 to an extent… Sony have been full of lies and half truths based on the systems abilities. Grow up and wake up…

50. Gekidami

“Same old people talking shit.”
    Yep. monkeygourmet, polygem, OlderGamer. And none are quite as good at talking shit as those three, thats for sure.

51. monkeygourmet

By owning all major games systems and playing a wide range of retail and downloadable titles?

Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

52. monkeygourmet

Very quickly once again:

Games not Consoles…

53. Gekidami

lol I’d rather base my opinion of you lot off what you say rather than what you own. I dont even know why you’d find saying that would make any kind of difference; “I own X therefore i have a licence to bash/therefore calling me a fanboy is forfeit”.

Yeah, like i said, none talk shit quite like you guys.

54. monkeygourmet

Then, your an idiot.

Difference of views, fine.

Fan boy, no.

What am I a fan of for? Nintendo? I game 80% of time on Xbox? (Friends and consistency of the experience)

Nintendo? I love Nintendo’s attitude towards games in general. (Best gameplay in the business)

Do I hate Sony? No, there attitude pisses me off though.

I enjoy the exclusives but care not for their attitude towards their own products.

That’s it… Bottom Line.

Poly, OG and others have pretty similar views, not the same I might add.

People like Dragon consistently praise based on zero other experience. They are stuck in PS1-PS2 era when it comes to Sony’s gaming offerings.

Other people aren’t as blind, that’s all.

55. Gekidami

Cool delusion, bro.

56. monkeygourmet

Sorry for having a balanced opinion and view of various styles and types of games based on many years experience.

Gosh, how terrible that is…

I wish I’d only played on one manufacturers console and believed gaming started with the PS1.

How easy it would be to cast aside other consoles and games when I’m wearing my blinkers.

57. Gekidami

lol “Balanced”. But seriously, stop projecting.

58. monkeygourmet

The only thing I want to ‘project’, is some vomit onto your awful assumptions and arguments…

59. zinc

Nothing demonstrates modern mans inability to put away his toys, better than forums full of bashing, or praising each others consoles.

Can’t wait for the next WiiU article for the same people, saying the same things… In a different way :-)

60. Clupula

Ah, Polygem is back to personal attacks again. Wonderful. That will certainly move the discourse forward.

61. Clupula

@59 – You are so completely right, and, in truth, I TRY to not comment on them because I know things will just go in the same circle they always do, but then Oldergamer will say something so ridiculous I can’t ignore it and I’m dragged back in.

Polygem, I usually ignore, because he just tends to spew personal insults and blindly defend Nintendo no matter what they do (I mean, seriously, he defended the 11pm adult game thing the other day. Even the other Nintendo fans on here knew that was a dumb idea). Monkeygourmet, I may disagree with a lot, but I can resist responding most of the time. But Oldergamer’s posts, for some reason, pull me in and I can’t explain why. And it’s not like I even dislike him, as a person. Just some of his posts irk me in a way I can’t stop myself from responding to.

62. Clupula

Maybe it’s his style of writing. Saying unreasonable things in a reasonable manner, or something…

63. polygem

Haha now the’re all here again. monkey give it up, it’s hopeless.
    @clupula, well, what can i say….you deserve it more than most others here. you earned it and you’re welcome. fin geki. clup. dragon. 4 freaks. one account.

64. Clupula

Like the Miiverse thing. He said it, as though, there were actually reasonable people on Earth, somewhere who would really buy a Wii U, just to be part of that stupidity.

You want to sell a Wii U on the potential for future games, fine. You want to sell it on the stupid tablet controller? Fine. But the fucking Miiverse? Really?!?

I’d think the same of someone who said that you should buy a PS3 to go in Playstation Home or that you should buy a 360 because you can dress up your avatar in cool outfits.

It’s not a selling point. It’s extraneous bullshit, like the avatars and like Home, that if it weren’t there, you wouldn’t miss it.

65. monkeygourmet

Yep,

Fully agree with Poly here.

Lot of multi accounts and trolls around these parts.

And some idiots too… Poor show really.

Makes Miiverse look like a fucking gaming paradise, I.e. people enjoying games in general…

66. Gekidami

ROFL because of course, the fact we dont agree Nintendo is this magical, utopian force of good means we’re actually just one person using several accounts. Oh dear, classic NDF, just classic. See what i mean about talking levels of dumb shit no one else can achieve? You cant make this stuff up, its the definition of fanboyism. See, liking something doesnt make you a fanboy, saying retarded crap about said thing makes you a fanboy and my god, you guys are like fanboy parodies, i’m actually starting to think you’re just trolling.

67. monkeygourmet

Oh man,

Your such an idiot.

It’s not even funny.

Miiverse is easily the best online system we currently have on consoles. Sony and MS will copy, then you’ll be saying how cool it is when they do it…

Same shit, different day. We’ve been here time and time again regarding Nintendo getting there first, please don’t le me start to list all the shit Sony and MS has tried to copy again…

68. OlderGamer

It just occured to me that most of the attacks are coming from the Sony loyal. Reminds me of kids in school, one kid that gets bullied are often the worse bullies to others. Sony fans feel like they have taken so much crap over both PS3 and Vita. And noe they see a chance to turn the tables and they feel liberated.

Classic fanboy behavior I guess. Sad.

69. polygem

@64:look how many times you putted ‘stupid’ in your last post, then come back and say others are insulting. classic. you haven’t really used miiverse but you know that it is stupid…well THAT is stupid and it’s not insulting to tell you. it’s a duty. social responsibility.

70. monkeygourmet

Come on dick head, sort your shit out.

Look at the article title and content….

Then look at the comments by people who actually OWN the console, then look at all the poisonous shit from people who don’t…

Notice how people to to defend AFTER all the bullshit has been vomited all over the thread?!

71. monkeygourmet

You only just realised this?!

Sony fantwats are the bane of this site IMO…

If anything, I should be called an Xbot… I think O ‘Conner had the same problem a while back…

Sony fans have such a huge chip (sorry CELL) on their shoulder regarding TEH amazing PS3 and TEH Bluray, they seem to attack everything else.

It’s so stupid as this generations so far in, most people own a PS3 AND another console, be it Wii, Wii U or 360…

All the big battles are won:

360 won multiplatform title quality
    360 won online
    PS3 won exclusives
    360 won best pad
    Wii won sales
    Best graphics tied between PS3 / 360

Etc… Etc…

It’s amazing you still have all these little twats arguing over a scrap of meat on the ‘battlefield’…

It’s finished, get over it…

Lots of insecure kids, if that’s the measure of the PS fan base, I’ll be very careful before I opt into buying a PS4 that’s for sure…

72. monkeygourmet

Queue manic frenzy of people trying to log into their multiple accounts to retaliate…:

73. Gekidami

And why do you feel the need to defend against the big bad people and their evil opinions exactly? And if you lower that victim card from your sight just for a moment you’ll see that what sparked people reacting the way they did was the poster boy for Nintendo defence stupidity OlderGamer pre emptively saying that negative opinions always came from those there non-WiiU owning ignorant folk whose arent allowed an opinion.

- “dick head” “Sony fantwats” “all these little twats” “insecure kids” “log into their multiple accounts to retaliate”

- 3 posts in a row.

lol U MAD. Keep feeling the need to jump to a hardware companies defence on the internet you secure adult, you.

74. Deacon

If I had a baby nearby I’d be punching it about now

75. monkeygourmet

It started off as a defence against misinformation regarding Nintendo’s output (when I started posting), i.e. derp derp, only kids games etc… etc.. along with Sony’s poor business choices with PS3 and Vita… Under marketing, over selling features.

Guess what, I’m still saying the same shit. Why? Because;

People are still spouting misinformed bullshit and,

Sony are still making stupid mistakes…

When those things change, so will my posts…

76. polygem

wii u rants:

77. Gekidami

Nah, you’re just amazingly butthurt people dont have the same opinion as you, and it really really gets on your tits.

78. monkeygourmet

Opinions are fine if their backed up with fact and logic.

Otherwise, yeah, I treat them as misinformed bullshit generally and I would expect anyone else to do the same.

79. Gekidami

Opinion are opinions, facts are facts, numbnuts. If you dont know the difference between the two then no wonder you’re so butthurt.

80. monkeygourmet

@Poly

Lol, worse thing is, the people who are complaining about those things haven’t even got the fucking console?!

What a waste of breathe…

81. polygem

it is a waste indeed. i recommend watching the link in my last post…the guy might be overacting this a little…but he’s SPOT ON!

82. OlderGamer

Gek, who in this thread that owns the WiiU is bashing it? Who in this thread that doesn’t own one is bashing it? That is the way these things go. What you folks are doing is classic trolling.

If I comment, bash both a game/company and the people that own/enjoy them, while at the sametime having never played said product…well that would be exactly what you folks are doing.

If you don’t like Nintendo, don’t troll thier threads. Otherwise being called out for trolling is justified. And in truth, that is exactly what you guys are doing.

I don’t care if you guys like the system or not, your loss. If you keep trolling, then people will continue to get upset with you. It isn’t your opinions, but your agresive behavior and unrelenting attacks. Once shots start being fired, both sides start shooting. Have fun with that. I am going to try not getting caught up in that kind of stuff. But you guys sure make it tuff.

You guys do understand these are just toys tho right? Just a hobby. Games, are. If something so meaningless in life is so important to you in your life, you are truely blessed. We all are.

83. monkeygourmet

Opinions are generally backed up by an arguement, clearly what’s happening here.

Arguments tend to involve asking for facts or logic, or they dissolve.

People have gone far beyond a basic opinion with a lot of these posts.

They are clearly stating the facts as they see them.

84. Clupula

@69 – Speaking of stupid, “putted” is not a word.

85. monkeygourmet

Games are TOYS?!

Try telling that to this guy:

86. monkeygourmet

How many languages can you speak?

87. Gekidami

I dont care if you like the system or not either, you can throw your money away on crap, its your loss. I dont care much for you constant love letters to Nintendo in every article about them, but we get them anyway. Quite frankly, if you think you have to right to post about your Nintendo idolatry but any negative opinion whether a person owns the console or not is just trolling, then fuck you. You dont get to tell people what they can or cant post, suck it up and brush it off rather than getting upset and feeling the need to get defensive.

Next time, if you dont want people getting upset with you, try not to say they arent allowed an opinion because they didnt shell out on Nintendos latest cheap gimmick.

You fail at understanding what an opinion is, so does OG, for that matter.

88. Clupula

Maybe they’re all just one account.

89. Gekidami

^ Nah, just a part of the same cult.

90. monkeygourmet

Such schemantics… True politician speak.

Everyone here has laid their cards on the table.

Of course there’s opinion, and that naively dances around. After various facts are brought into play, that opinion turns into argument.

You act like the naive princess when it suits you.

Remember, the sentiment in these threads run thick, it’s not a completely new set of opinions. It’s been argued time and time again (without any understanding from most Sony fans.)

You can’t just mix up and switch things when it suits you.

If its all just random opinion, then kindly fuck off and don’t darken anymore threads regarding the Wii U again.

If your invested in your ‘opinion’ then please back it up.

Don’t flip flop.

91. Gekidami

Still utterly failing to understand what the difference between an opinion and a factual claim is.

92. monkeygourmet

I don’t see ‘opinion’ In 90% of the comments slagging off the Wii U. Do you?

93. polygem

@Clupula: i am not native english speaking but that you are pointing out my “stupidity” in your post #84 speaks volumes. it shows your zero tolerance, stupid, ignorant attitude perfectly. you post stuff like that and keep saying others are insulting – again, this shows why your attitude is an unreflected pile of trash.

94. OlderGamer

How does anyone enjoying a WiiU effect you Gek? Why does that make your blood boil? Makes no sense at all. Never once did I claim you or anyone elses enjoying a Sony product was an (insert vicious insult here). Would be nice if you had the same level of decsency.

95. polygem

@monkey: that pic: HARHAR!!!

96. Gekidami

How does anyone not enjoying it, or thinking its a bad product effect you? And where did i say anyone enjoying the WiiU is a “(insert vicious insult here)”? What i’ve been pointing out your dumb fanboyism, saying that anyone who doesnt own one isnt allowed an opinion and doesnt like the WiiU is a troll. Not much difference between saying “(insert vicious insult here)” and saying we’re trolling because we dont like the direction Nintendo has taken. Now please stop being a horrible hypocrite, you’ve shown no decency at all by pre emptively listing any negative views of Nintendo as just being the rambling of hater trolls.

97. Old MacDonald

Did I just wander into a Youtube comments section without noticing it?

98. OlderGamer

Gek, I don’t care who likes WiiU or not. I like it, and that is what matters to me. And that is about all anyone here was saying. Hey, own WiiU and have a lot more then just one or two games.

Guess that sets some people off. And if having some excitment for a newly purchased video game system, and then posting about that in a video game forum is akin to writting a love letter to Nintendo … then I am guilty as charged. I love the system. But if you don’t that is your perogitive. The mud slinging, finger pointing, name calling, and otherwise fanboyism would be best left out of things.

Man we are just talking about video games. They are just entertainment, they aren’t something that defines us as people.

99. monkeygourmet

When people want to voice there opinion, it becomes open to challenge.

You completely contradict things when it suits you.

You, are of course allowed to ‘voice’ an opinion.

But if you want to be taken seriously, that opinion can’t just be fired into the wind.

If people come up with counters to the argument, especially when they are backed up with solid, experienced scenarios, expect people to call you out on your bullshit.

I would expect the same if I was trolling on a Sony / MS / PC thread….

You that fucking naive?

100. monkeygourmet

Now what tends to happen is:

People who are trolling / talking bullshit tend to shrink away then re-appear in the next anti Nintendo / MS / Whatever isn’t Pro Sony thread to spout the same false information.

It’s like clockwork now, Dragon, Clupula et all…

101. polygem

yes, it will always be repeating…
    like og said, thread was all positive, people saying they bought much more games, system is fun. then the bunch of trolls get in taking a leak. whatever. now it all stinks like piss again but what can you do. they’ll have to clean up this mess themselves.

102. absolutezero

What a massive bunch of fannies.

103. monkeygourmet

For ‘fannies’

104. polygem

i just checked. i posted what games i bought and that i like them (post # 2). i also try to start a fun videogame related discussion with #1 because that post is indeed opinion and good posting…in post # 3 i am already getting accused -by one of the bunch- of defending nintendo. it is insane. just insane.

105. monkeygourmet

I think Stephany should do a ‘final thought’ like Jerry Springer! :)

106. monkeygourmet

Yep, like I said earlier.

Too many dicks on the dance floor…

107. polygem

@105: great idea actually!

108. Clupula

@93 – I have zero tolerance for idiots, which in any language, you are. Not sure what your native language may be, so here’s a few phrases for you from all over the world. *cue “It’s A Small World, Afterall”*

Dear Polygem,
    Fick mich, du miserabler hurensohn!
    Me cago en el coño de tu madre!
    Zatknis’ na hui, oyobuk!

109. polygem

I am the one insulting others here. yeah right. you need a therapist. a good one.

by the way, some of your google translator insults are very funny! but, sorry i wont do that to you, yikes…you weirdo you.

110. monkeygourmet

Steph is now treated to a +100 post from the NDF, not just Dave for a change! :D

111. Telepathic.Geometry

Ye’re all as bad as each other in here. Look, it’s like this:

A = People who think that Ninty are pure shit, and passionately so…
    B = People who think that Ninty are thee shit, and passionately so…

A cannot be made to agree with B, even if they are otherwise reasonable people. Likewise, B cannot be made to agree with A. Accept it, move on and grow.

112. monkeygourmet

Not when good games are involved…

I’ll hold someone down and MAKE them play Mario 64 / Galaxy / Mario 3 if I have too…

Certain games, and even consoles to a certain extent can’t be washed over and ignored by supposed ‘gamers’…

Dreamcast, Saturn, PC Engine etc…

Missing out on certain games just out of spite or company rhetoric isn’t something I will ever agree with. :)

113. Telepathic.Geometry

You don’t have to agree with it, but crusading against it doesn’t work, and you should accept that.

114. monkeygourmet

But (engage Christian Bale voice), all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing… ;)

115. Telepathic.Geometry

Agreed, and evil is the site constantly being bombarded with nonsense flame-wars between A and B. I used to engage in these pointless wars back in the day, and it didn’t get anybody anywhere. You just have to stop caring if someone is ‘wrong’.

116. monkeygourmet

Your like an old retired Superhero…

Come on TG, you can still do it! Get the spandex out! ;)

117. monkeygourmet

@TG

Also, you are kind of cutting through 90% of the forum posts this site will receive…

Do you think Pat will be happy with that? :D Gaming drama and fanboy wars are what fuels most gaming sites unfortunately, at least with VG247 you get a fairly good cross section.

You should try CVG, Eurogamer, Kotaku if you think otherwise. Loads of twats everywhere…

118. Telepathic.Geometry

If they were all just arseholes, I wouldn’t bother saying anything, but a lot of the flamers are generally reasonable people who don’t agree, but because they’re so passionate, they struggle to make the other side understand their point, which is of course impossible, as the other side is not only close-minded, but actively trying to change your mind.

I guess I’m just too old for this shit now. I rather spend my gaming time having meaningful conversations and playing great games.

/eyes psi armor and mind shield
    /decides against returning to the flame-wars of yesteryear
    /goes to Moxxi’s colliseum instead

119. monkeygourmet

Lol

Yep, respect you for that.

And that’s how I feel as much as people don’t interpret as such.

Still don’t like people ignoring things out of principle.

Same with food for me.

I love cooking and trying new foods.

But, it does absolutely piss me off to the highest level when people say they don’t want to try a new or different food because ‘they don’t like it’, when they haven’t actually tried it…

Closed mind shit, never good in life…

Otherwise we’d all be eating turkey twizzlers (COD), which we are to some degree…

Man, makes me upset! :)

120. Telepathic.Geometry

Don’t let it get to you. Me, I’m always happy to try a new game, go to a new country, try a new sexual position, learn a new language, get used to a new controller (in fact I love that shit) or start a completely new career even, but I have no interest in trying new food. That’s right, I AM that guy.

I don’t think it’s close-minded-ness so much as it’s that people only have so much physical and emotional energy to contribute to any given endeavor in the day, so we have to filter things here and there. They say Einstein kept 10 of the same suit so he wouldn’t have to waste mental energy deciding in the morning.

In the same way, for food or clothes, I really don’t care to waste my time and energy on it when I could be using that energy to kill Handsome Jack, or learn a new language, or guess how Walter White gets out of this next scrape.

Anyway, you seem like a nice guy, so if you can forgive my disinterest in eating new things, I’m Barrysama on PSN. d–(^-^)

121. Dragon246

Man, I missed the comedy show! Looks like we have been treated with another epic 100+ ninty threads courtesy the “Ninty Defenders Association” and all that in less than 6 hours, a VG247 record!!!
    Seriously dudes, I made some comments in comment 45, and the best sane response I got was “Sony doesn’t support vita”, when they published 35 games on it in less than a year (thanks DrDamn for info).

There is a reason why ninty threads attract the most comments, as the defenders really take any negative comment to their heart, like ninty is their master. Also about non-supporters not having wiiu, how about those people who have a wiiu and are not commenting here? All I see is the 3 usual people defending their precious little company.
    Also, matter of fact. Do you really think wiiu will be alright if none of the people who don’t like the console here don’t buy it. Despite all the negativity, sony forced haters to see value in a ps3 (like the 3 esteemed men here), and that is the only reason why it sits at 70m+ sales. If WiiU doesn’t want to be a GC (mostly bought by ninty fans), it needs to force people who are negative about the console to buy it. The ps3/360 crowds aren’t impressed as of how. If 90% people wont buy wiiu, it will fail.
    And OG, like always , you fail to respond to a logical argument.

122. Telepathic.Geometry

^^ Flamebait ^^

123. G1GAHURTZ

^ I think he made some perfectly valid points, actually.

124. Telepathic.Geometry

The content of the post is not usually what makes it flame-bait, it’s the adversarial “You guys are losers!” way in which it is posted that makes it flamey. It invites conflict…

125. OlderGamer

I agree with TG.

Very much so infact. I don’t think that Poly or Monkey have any problem with people saying they don’t like WiiU or Nintendo. I know I don’t. It is the bs that people use in thier delivery of said opinion that bothers me. Telling someone to fuck off because they own/like a WiiU…uncalled for. Pat and Dave both own WiiUs, should they also fuck off?

If some has the right to post a negitive opinion(and they do) about the system, then it stands to reason that someone else also has a right to post a positive opinion. Wouldn’t be an issue if people could just agree to disagree. I try to do that btw. You know that.

And really it is the same posters over and over(and yes alt accounts are being used). It shifts from stating a harmless, yet difference of opinion to near personial vendeta/crusade.

TG is totaly right. Clupula or Gek are never going to change their minds, and I am not trying to change them. But, I am not going to change my opinion either. Neither side is right or wrong. You thinking Dragon making points is irrelevent Ghz. It just means you agree with Dragons pov, again that doesn’t make his pov right or wrong…just his pov, that you agree with. I am not goig to stalk you from thread to thread because of it either. No one should do that. Look how this thread got started. Nintendo fans saying we bought lots more then the 1.2 games the headline says gamers averaged buying. Then…then the attacking.

That isn’t respecting other peoples pov. Not agreeing to disagree at all. And answer this on: if someone has zero interest in WiiU what would be that persons motivation for posting in a WiiU thread? The short answer is they are trolling, Laying down flamebait, as TG pointed out.

Gets very old.

I am not going to shy away from posting in Nintendo treads. I like Nintendos stuff,why shouldn’t I read and post in them? But what I am going to try and do is not lower myself to tge same level as the trolling. I have been here before, this is how stupid stuff starts. I am better then that. I know some of you guys are too, so I encourage you folks to live and let live. Stop trying to call posters out over what flavour of video game they enjoy.

126. OlderGamer

Saying that Nintendo fans are overly defensive/sensitive(while trolling a WiiU thread) is like trying to prove how agressive hornets are by hitting their nest with a stick. The bees will pretty much leave you alone if you did the same to them. Sorry thought of that example a bit too late for it to be included above.

127. SpaceDinosaur

I’m surprised this got so big . .

I wrote what I personally believe to be the reason why sales of Wii U games are the way they are.

There wasn’t a AAA first party flagship Nintendo game at launch, no Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Starfox.

And Nintendo hasn’t even hinted at such games for the Wii U.

Sure 3rd party games can be very good, and I wasn’t saying they aren’t good.

But they really aren’t the main thing that long time Nintendo fans want.

They tease us with that “HD” Zelda demo, but who knows when and if that will happen.

Sadly Nintendo seems to think that the hardware will reel people in, but it won’t in the long run I think.

Because it isn’t the hardware that makes a console successful, it’s the games.

Nintendo really needs to show a completely new and fresh Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Starfox by Spring time the latest.

3rd party games aren’t gonna sell a bunch of Wii U’s for a long period of time.

128. Dragon246

@TG
    Maybe refer to comment in 30s and 40s where OG feels sorry for non wiiu owners and poly insults others ?
    @Ghz
    Its right for every console. Vita, 3ds, ps3, WiiU ,you name it. Its a companys responsibility to create a compelling package so that even people who disliked it earlier are made to buy it.

@OG
    So your ninty group consists of a bunch of hornets? I thought you were humans (or atleast ninty spambots) .

129. Telepathic.Geometry

How about I refer to post 128 instead where you once again try to stir shit up. I’ve said this about you before Dragon. I really think you’re a blatant troll, which is a shame, because I don’t necessarily disagree with your gaming opinion all that much, and I’m liking your game of the year thread… :/

Why can’t we all just get along.

130. Dragon246

Maybe those same people should first stop calling others “pathetic fanboys” before being hurt?
    Sorry dude, if you like to see glass half empty, fine. Only people who call others trolls and fanboys are themselves the biggest ones. One doesn’t try to mediate like you are trying by only supporting one faction.
    And about trolls, there is only one (big one)of them in here, and he goes by the name DaMan.

131. Telepathic.Geometry

That’s why.

132. Dragon246

What?
    And one more thing, I like how you try to reason with someone only after saying them blatant troll.
    So much for voice of reason.

Post 200 is not far away now. Ninty threads….

133. Telepathic.Geometry

Well, I’m sorry if I offended you, but most posts I’ve seen from you seem to have an “us and them” kind of stance which naturally polarises people and makes normally friendly and nice people argumentative and puts them on the defensive.

I’ve been in my fair share of stupid flame-wars on EG, and in my experience everyone is at fault. You start out as a passionate gamer trying to get your opinion across and before you know it you’re bum-raping PC gamers and going full-retard on the forums.

Looking back, I can see that I was just trying to have a conversation, but things get out of hand and the next thing you know you don’t like X, Y and Z because… why? I don’t remember, but he called me an arsehole so he must be one. Wait, did I call him one first?

It’s all a load of shite. We all love games. And probably movies too. If we were all sat in a room drinking beers and eating crisps and peanuts, we’d probably all get along like a house on fire, even if we couldn’t agree if Metroid Prime is better than Halo 4, so let’s put the handbags down shall we?

134. polygem

@Dragon: what i don’t like in your posting is that your posts are often extremely unreflected. you are never ever taking a step back, you are always right. you say others are insulting while you are doing the exact same thing one sentence later. this makes you look like the prototype of the closed minded fanboy or troll. you always seem to hate everything nintendo while everyone else you are accusing to be a ‘member’of the ndf (a term created by you. creative but sadly meant in an offensive way) has a lot of love fo sony, ms or the pc…your warm words are mostly reserved to sony’s stuff. i cannot count how often og said that ps+ is great, how he dislikes xbl ads, tha he likes playing on pc…and, yes, nintendo systems. i said many times that i love many sony games, journey is on #1 in your goty thread! i am a halo fan and, yes, i like nintendo too….a lot. monkey also owns ‘em all as if it were cute pokemons…manu is obviously a huge videogame fan and not connected to a certain platform at all, praising games not platforms, always in a very polite way…..still you are coming to every every and i mean EVERY ninty related thread and spread your hate. then you are wondering that people are firing back at you? see, that’s unreflected.
    you say 100+ posts show that ninty ‘fans’ are insane, while a good amount of posts are your very own and another good amount of posts have been made because people feel like having to respond to it. you cannot seperate yourself from this. you are taking a part too you know. your conclusion is: 100+ posts, nintendo guys are stupid fanboys…must that be right, the only valid answer? or could it also have different reasons? i think that example is alright. if you like, reflect about that yourself. i think you could learn a lot about yourself if you really and honestly think this through…

135. polygem

why are you naming DaMan here? he didn’t even post in this thread. if he had hurt your feelings tell him when he’s around.
    edit: oh, i see, he did…still makes no sense to me to namedrop him in your post there.

136. Dragon246

@Poly
    Me firing at every ninty thread? Not if I was the only one with those grievances. The headline is a bad one, like many others on wiiu. And if anything, its you and your mates who try to spin everything in positive light. And I am not the only one who thinks like that. No one else does that here. Sony articles or ms ones, even negative ones never get this big, even with negative comments, because no one feels the need to defend them ferociously like ninty fans here. Maybe that should be your cue as to why ninty threads as so damn long.
    Also, you are the first one to insult others, check every post. I frankly don’t care about this stuff otherwise I wouldn’t be on the net. But if someone retaliates, you get hurt.
    Also who created the terms NDF? Me? Are you joking? Refer to the 350+ comment page where you all were jolly about being ninty fans and having ndf shirts and so on. And now NDF, a word you all happily associated with yourself as become an insult? Your word, your meaning, count me out.
    About facts, if I am wrong, why not state it? I will happily accept it. Only thing is that they are seldom wrong.If you think I am nitpicking, why not bring your stats to counter them?
    Like you all, I have on countless times too praised other cos, but I know you choose to ignore them, so all right.
    Also count the no. of comments from each person, yours will exceed many, if not all, maybe you should reflect about that, it will tell a lot about yourself.

137. polygem

maybe sony threads aren´t that long because the so called ndf isn´t stalking and hating on every sony article? riddle solved. seriously dragon, try to think out of the box sometimes.

i am not more insulting than you are. i am definitley much less insulting than clupula who always – first thing he does when responding to my comments – says that i am insulting others. it´s hilarious, what he does with that is just that: insulting others, in that case me. now he even said in german that he wants me to shag him, but that´s a different story and something i have to clarify with him personally;) i am always starting polite and then fire back when someone pisses all over me- and i will continue to do so, even if some clowns are giving me bad rep or keep trying to spread stuff that isn´t true. you and the bunch always start the hate. look up how it started here….just read the first three posts of this thread. it tells the whole story right there. #1 is critcicing nintendo, pointing out valid arguments. i responded to it, trying to have a polite discussion about the points he made…then, boom the fin gets in…starting the shit, then clupula, geki and you hop on the train…monkey, og, me etc. trying to temper you guys down a bit but fail at it because you guys are like some raging wildcats on steroids. here we go, riddle solved again: 100+ thread explained. you still cannot see that YOUR part in all this is HUGE…that´s why i said you should reflect about yourself a bit and i truly mean it. because i do care about you.

138. Fin

My issue is people not being able to admit when a company makes a mistake.

Like that 18+ eShop BS. Vast majority said wtf this is BS.
    Still, some people said “This is fine”.

In this thread, the headline is an attach rate of 1.2. That is a low attach rate. Yet, you get the same people saying “No it’s fine there’s loads of good games, the Wii U is a good console, Miiverse is great”. What? That doesn’t explain the low attach rate.

Again, I think Nintendo could come out saying “We’re not going to make any more core games”, and ye’d be all “Yeah cool I’d like some casual games”.

wat

139. monkeygourmet

Wii U owners on this site just gave examples of what games they had purchased in comparison to the article survey.

That was all.

140. polygem

@ fin: 18+ thingy: i said, i personally don´t have a problem with that- not at all…and this IS how i feel about it. i´d sign it today: i don´t care about it.
    og and monkey said it´s utter shit by the way…just to remind you.

1.2 is a low attach rate, sure. people started to say that they (personally) bought much more games – that doesn´t mean they said it´s a great attach rate.
    this is a videogame forum, it´s ok to post stuff like this. you are not automatically a fanboy if you post stuff like this.
    i did read the headline and thought, well i personally bought much more games than that, i will post it to let others know….what the hell is wrong with that?!!!

you guys always hear what you want to.

how is posting which games i bought for wii u defending nintendo? seriously, i don´t get that logic. to me this is paranoid.

141. ManuOtaku

Oh boy the one i did miss for not posting on weekends ;_;

I did bought the WiiU and didnt get any game, only Nintendo land, really great game that demostrates a lot of the new gameplay of the gamepad; I didnt got any game because of money issues, i think i will wait for a price drop of zombie U and scriblenauts, both titles iam really interested in getting them, but is like the article indicates is because the wii came with one game and because it is pricier than the wii was, and also you need to buy the pro controller, ect, i think as consoles prices get higher the number of games during launch will decrease, i find the list of WiiU titles at launch pretty solid and great.

As for the NDF vs the SAF or SDF, but in nintendo threads they attack more than defend, i think SAF is more accurate in this thread, really when Sony guys defend Sony on all sony threads they say they are in their right because Sony needs to be defended, which i do agree because they see something that is not accurate, true or fact, they need to post it and call it, defending Sony, they are in their right, but when nintendo fans do it, it is because we are a cult and we dont have the same right as they do, i really dont understand that mindset, i say deffend what you want, Sony in this case, but expect the same thing for others, from the nintendo or microsoft side of things as well, we also have that right, we are not a cult, we are doing exactly the same thing you do, minus the constant attack.

142. polygem

indeed sir.

143. OlderGamer

Fin:

My first post on the 18+ thread:

#65

OlderGamer
    07/12/12, 8:17 pm

“A couple of things:

Games can also be bought in a store. Not as if they can only be purchased on eShop.

Second, this is a Nintendo Europe desicion. Nintendo central didn’t do this. Sometimes dumb things happen from region heads. I recall Sega America investing and launching a 32X mere months before Saturn was unvieled.

If you think about places like Germany, thier culture, and recent shootings in schools…it is not that hard to see how something like this could sounds like a good idea to someone with the descion to make it happen.

That being said it is a dumb move. I think anyways. But not all places are as liberaly minded as the UK. I would imagine that an idea like this one would make sense to some politicly and socialy sensitive minded people in Aussie as well.

I don’t think it will last very long. Gamers won’t like it. Pubs trying to sell their games won’t like it. And, in truth it is bad press for Nintendo as a whole. Gamers will say it proves they are out of touch, and the people that would be impressed don’t have a vested impact in the situation to begin with.

I would write Nintendo, and wait for it to blow over.”

Note the part where I call it a “Dumb Move” by Nintendo. If I don’t agree with something I say so. What I try hard not to do is make a moehill into a mountan. I also try and understand the reasons why something happend, rather then just going off about it. That is the aproach to EUs 18+ strategy. While I don’t agree with it, and think it will be changed, I can fully understand why they did it.

Sony dominated for two gens. Their loyal fans felt like they were the crowned kings of the industry. This gen Sony is thrid. While some of their ideas and ventures this gen were briliant(PSN+, chargable controlers, user replaceable HDDs, solid line of exclusive, in house IPs, and more) the fact is they are still on the outside looking in. Their stock is now junk bond level. Their new handheld sells poorly. Their fantastic IPs don’t sell what their rivels do. This year not a single game sold for a million copies in JPN(first time in 17 years). And so on. Hard time for Sony(hard times for a lot of companies right now). But for a Sony fan used to “winning” it has been a hella hard generation to endure.

It is like following a football team, for years they are at the top of their sport. Then go on a skid, it gets harder for some folks to follow them through the bad times. True fans do that. But when it comes to games, most “fans” are just consumers, and they simply take their coin elsewhere.

As for Sony fans, and any company loyalist, it is really hard to take. But most people aren’t loyal to that dedicated fanboy degree. Not even me. I have all of the system(actualy have most systems ever made). And I have a large libary of games. I am lucky, my wife doesn’t mind me owning a lot of games. I have some fantastic games across all current platforms.

Where I feel sorry for gamers, is when a gamer could own a system, but is blinded by fanboyism and won’t, Xenoblade Cronicles, for example is a jRPG on the same level as Grandia or the FF of old. Prolly the best jRPG this gen, imo as well as most reviewers opinion too. But if someone is too ignorant or too filled with hate/loyalty that they won’t play the game(assuming they like the genere), then yes I feel for that person.

I am a huge fan of downloadable PSN/XBLA style games. This gen two of my absolute favs are on PSN. I think a ton of Dungeon Hunter Alliance and Fat Princess. Both steller games, that I own and have sunk alot of time into. I also thought that both WarHawk and Mag where grossly under apreciated, and again I sunk a ton of hours into each one. My point there is I am not going to miss out on a great game experience(where money allows) just because of the logo on the box. Hell I was a PSN+ for a year.

I can’t speak for everyone you guys label NDF, but I think we all own and play on PS3. PS3 isn’t my main goto gaming choice, PC is. Followed buy WiiU, xb360, PS3, then Wii(but that gets done on WiiU now). But just last week I spent 6 hours playing my SNES(Rock n Roll Racing, some shooters, and Legend of Zelda). Like I said I am a gamer. My tastes change over time from gen to gen, it depends on what type of games are being offered, and what type of mood I am in(I am burnt out on OMP Shooters myself). As I get older my tastes change. But if something comes out, I take a look at it. If it suits me, I play it. System be damned.

What kills me, is that I know(because I have seen it), if you walked into my home. If I handed you a beer. If we fired up WiiU. I gave you the GamePad, and a couple of friends grabed WiiMotes. And started playing Nintendo Lands Mario Chase…your ass would come off the chair while you ran, ducked and waived around the mazes and your friends where closing in on you. Your char is on the GamePad, only you can see it, and you can see where the other four players are. The other four players use the TV screen. We call out your location as we chase you around a Mario style obsticle filled maze. If we get close enough we can dive for and catch you. Your job is simple, run and never stop running, if you last out the timer, you win.

It is undenable fun. I don’t know anyone that has tried that and not enjoyed it. Nintendo Land is filled with those kinds of experiences. Great for crowds. Now if your an at home single gamer, you are going to want to move on to something else, chasing bots isn’t the same as chasing your friends. But like I said it isn’t about me convincing you or anyone else about anything.

If you can’t come to grips with something not Sony, then it is your loss. Just like if you guys won’t play on XB360 either. Or any gamer that won’t play games on more then one system. In my mind those aren’t gamers they are fanboys. Tho I do understand if you have to make a choice based on money and trying to find the one system that fits you best. I get that. But if that is you, you still shouldn’t put other folks down for playing things you don’t/can’t afford.

I am sure I have already gone into the TL:DR zone here. So I will stop. Just give it some thought, what great game experiences have you missed out on over the years due to brand loyalty. Do you still want to miss out? I know I don’t.

144. polygem

very well written, reflected, polite, honest and thoughtful words! you made your position crystal clear and it all makes sense. i doubt it will be heard though. shame. would really like to become convinced otherwise.

145. OlderGamer