Wii U helped Nintendo pass 1.75 million in hardware sales

Friday, 7th December 2012 04:02 GMT By Naren Hooson

Wii U sales combined with strong Black Friday sales have helped shoot Nintendo’s hardware sales for November past 1.75 million units.

Made up of both portable units and home consoles, this is the 36th time Nintendo has sold more than one million hardware units in a month in the United States.

Scott Moffit, executive vice president of Sales and Marketing for Nintendo of America, puts the sales numbers down to the enduring appeal of Wii and DS, the strength of the 3DS and the groundbreaking Wii U, reports GoNintendo.

Joystiq adds that in the seven days that counted in NPD’s November sales data, as well as being the console’s debut month, Wii U sold over 425,000 units.

1. HauntaVirus

I don’t understand why people buy the Wii U. Yes, it’s cool and all but it’s just not a gamers essential in my opinion.

2. Gadzooks!

Really? You don’t understand why people have differing opinions to your own?

There is a mental condition called Egocentrism. You should look it up.

3. CyberMarco

@1 Lots of reasons: Fans of Nintendo, Nerd/Geek Collectors (the good way), Consumerism, Fanboys etc…

4. ManuOtaku

#3 I will add avid gamers that love to game no matter the manufacturer .

5. HauntaVirus

@GADZOOKS!
    Um, ya I said in my comment that it was my opinion. I never said no one should buy the wii u or that it wasn’t a good product. I said it wasn’t essential(also my opinion). Go ahead and read my first comment again, you seemed to have missed something. About that word, seems you should have another look at that as well.