Soul Reaver collection hits Steam

Friday, 7th December 2012 10:39 GMT By Dave Cook

Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance are all available now on Steam. Commence next-gen Soul Reaver reboot rumours…now.

Square-Enix posted the news on its official blog, and declared Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance on sale via Steam right now. Each game costs $9.99/€9.99/£6.99. Hit the links to head over to each game’s Steam page.

Who’s buying?

1. Ercarret

I never played any Soul Reaver games (well, except for one, once, for ten minutes at a friend’s house), but I’ve always loved Raziel. Childhood nostalgia demands a new game!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 get on them bud, brilliant games :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. gabbre

I’ll buy them on GOG, much cheaper

#3 1 year ago
  4. Fin

Bit pricey innit. Square Enix needs to bring the prices down for their back catalogue.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

@4: Yeah. I don’t get what’s motivating these kinds of price-points for the Steam Eidos back-catalogue releases. Perhaps someone could ask Square-Enix?

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

@5 agreed. Seems silly when digital is supposed to be the cheapest way to buy. You’d think there would be consensus across the board.

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

Saw them earlier on Steam. Really REALLY sublime games. I hope this means that the rumors surrounding a VGAs reveal are true. I mean, releasing this pack on the eve of that show seems a bit suspicious (Hopefully in a good way).

#7 1 year ago
  8. Elven_Star

The DRM-free versions of them have been on GOG for $5.99, for ages now.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Warrior-in

what??? razzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziel
    we want a Reboot

#9 1 year ago
  10. absolutezero

No one wants a reboot.

Everyone thats actually played Defiance wants a conclusion to the story set up in all the previous games. Sadly I doubt thats ever going to happen now.

How can they reboot Soul Reaver without rebooting the Legacy of Kain at large and by that I mean Kain.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Elven_Star

I want a reboot. My body needs more Raziel.

#11 1 year ago
  12. absolutezero

Tough. Hes a sword.

#12 1 year ago
  13. SameeR_Fisher

I need an HD Collection of every Legacy of Kain title on PS3, I would buy it without a 2nd thought, awesome games.

& for GOD’s sake don’t go rebooting the series, finish Defiance story, we need to know what happens next.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Da Man

All terrible games, aside form the 90s Soul Reaver.

Fun to watch on youtube, painful to play.

#14 1 year ago
  15. fearmonkey

I will buy them when it goes on slae as a bundle, I loved these games. I would love a soul reaver reboot

#15 1 year ago
  16. Sylrissa

Agreed. That cliffhanger ending was painful, since they never made anymore.

#16 1 year ago
  17. NeoSquall

I don’t know where I’ve thrown my Legacy of Kain 2 and Defiance discs, so I might consider purchasing them, if not for the unbelievably high price.

The first game though is securely hidden in my “Precious” vault, PSX Non-Platinum version.

#17 1 year ago
  18. TheWulf

A Soul Reaver reboot would make me immensely happy. But it’s unlikely to happen given the current mainstream. And if it did, it couldn’t retain a character as unorthodox as Raziel.

Why must you tease me, Dave? :p

Still… if only. I really, really did love the Soul Reaver games. I might have to pick these up.

#18 1 year ago