BioShock Vita development is up to Take-Two and Sony, says Levine

Friday, 7th December 2012 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A BioShock title for Vita is something Irrational’s Ken Levine is interested in developing, but he’s told Eurogamer the decision to create the game for the handheld is up to Sony and Take-Two.

Levine said he has “cool design” ideas for BioShock Vita, but he needs the go-ahead from “the business people” before getting to work.

“Where the Vita stands right now, it’s in the hands of the business people at Take-Two and the business people at Sony working out, hey, what happens in these business people discussions? Fortunately I don’t have to take part in it any more because I sold my company a long time ago,” he said.

“It’s something I’m still very interested in. I still have a cool design for it. It’s a question of, do those guys come to find the right mix that makes everybody happy to make that happen?”

Don’t be hoping for a port of Infinite though, at least not yet, because it may be something entirely different altogether.

“I’ve never said it was Infinite,” said Levine. “It will be something. I’m always hesitant to talk too much about things we don’t have anything to show because it’s getting ahead of ourselves.

“I’m trying to be very careful.”

BioShock Infinite releases on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 in March.

1. Eregol

Wasn’t Bioshock Vita announced at E3 in 2011?
    Well, not so much announced as ‘alluded to’.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Never coming out unfortunately;

The announcement was as fishy as the contents of a Big Daddy’s diving suit…

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

They definitely pulled a ninty there, announcing something that existed in ether.
    Although still hopeful for release.
    Pathetic trolling attempt.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Razor

/facepalm

Whatever Sony sent Levine/T2 must have been worth it to get him on stage to announce something that doesn’t exist.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

It’s not going to happen. I mean, there are 2 or maaybe 3 million Vita’s sales around the world.

Why Take-Two should take the risks? No one knows.

PS Vita is a failure. It is the same failure as PSP Go and will be forgotten in the upcoming 1 or 2 years.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Razor

“It’s not going to happen. I mean, there are 2 million Vita’s sales around the world.”

Hey, hey, hey!

… there’s about 3 million now!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Dragon246

Maybe because sony pays them to? Happens with each 3rd party exclusive.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Erthazus

@7, Sony pays them… LOL… As if they had any money to support PS Vita to begin with. They can’t even support it with First party lol.

Sony =/= Money in this generation that’s for sure.

@6, 3? Owwww… That is huge.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dragon246

Maybe check the no. of 1st party games on vita? Hint – There are tons.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Erthazus

@9, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

oh really?

#10 1 year ago
  11. ManuOtaku

There goes another opportunity to bring a great FPS console experience to the vita handheld, after the not so good COD or resistance, not that i mind this, i prefer vita titles like dokuro, gravity rush, escape plan or sound shapes, but i know there is people waiting for this type of genre on a handhled, and i think this would have been a worthy game that might do the trick, but i prefer this than another bioshock developed by another developer, like nihilistic with COD, if the original team is not involved then i prefer they dont do it at all.
    p.s and also iam really curious to know if this is achievable, i mean the consolization of a FPS on a handheld, there goes another opportunity for this ;_;

#11 1 year ago
  12. DrDamn

Published by SCEE in Europe (approx 35 titles) …

#12 1 year ago
  13. absolutezero

I’ll file this right alongside the Resident Evil PSP game then :(

#13 1 year ago
  14. monkeygourmet

I liked how you made a bitchy comment about Nintendo, then tried to change it.

Enjoying your edit button much? That really is desperate…

Notice how my original comment said ‘unfortunately’…

It was one of the games I was waiting for when I had my Vita although I had a feeling it would never materialise especially after the trouble they are having with Infinite…

Do you want some ketchup to go with that ‘chip on your shoulder’?

#14 1 year ago
  15. monkeygourmet

That did come out though, just on the 3DS not the PSP! :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. absolutezero

and you need to buy an additional piece of hardware to play it!

Nintendooooooooooooooo >:3

#16 1 year ago
  17. Goffee

Wow, its been two hours and there’s no stupid petition to sign…

#17 1 year ago
  18. Dragon246

“Bitchy” eh? True really hurts doesn’t it?
    Ninty announces ssbu, mariou 3d,zeldau etc.
    You go woooaaaahhhhh….
    They are cooommmingggg

Irrational announces bioshock vita,
    Not coming….
    Waiting for the game? Who are you kidding?

Keep drowning yourself in “ninty magic” and drinking “sony hating” syrup.

#18 1 year ago
  19. TD_Monstrous69

The Vita needs a Bioshock game (and by that, I mean a great Bioshock game).

#19 1 year ago
  20. TheOutcastWolf

@8 Your imbecileness… it feeds us

#20 1 year ago
  21. polygem

@Dragon:
    ”Why comment on a console you don’t own and a game you wont play and even then, only hoping that the game don’t arrive?
    Pathetic trolling attempt.”

…now THAT coming from YOU really did surprise me!

#21 1 year ago
  22. Dragon246

Even I am surprised. Guess I am sleepy.

Peace