Far Cry 3 PC patch 1.02 implements stability fixes, improved co-op and matchmaking

Thursday, 6th December 2012 21:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A PC patch for Far Cry 3 has been issued, which brings about some stability fixes, and stops players from falling through the game world into oblivion.

Here’s the patch notes:

Multiplayer fixes for the patch- PVP

• Fixed some issues with user created maps when more than 8 players were playing them.
  • Improved matchmaking for both Multiplayer and Co-op modes.
  • Improved team balancing when playing in party.
  • Fixed issues with Live balancing patch system.

Single Player fixes for the patch

• Fixed issue where players fall through the world when not connected to the Ubisoft servers.
  • Fixed the “View Leaderboard” and “Start Trial” buttons in the World Map.
  • Improved stability when quitting to desktop.
  • Fixed issue with leaderboards.

Map Editor: Fix for the Map Editor crash at launch when the PC user contains language-specific characters.

1. HauntaVirus

Much better, I’m impressed with single player. Multi is still not worth playing, way too laggy.

2. HauntaVirus

I take it back, single player still has stuttering.

3. CPC_RedDawn

@2 YES!!! Thank you!!!

I have a beastly system, Core i7 3770K OC @ 4.6GHz, 16GB 2133MHz RAM, 2x240GB SSD’s RAID0, and 2×7970 GHz editions in Crossfire and still this game completely maxed out @ 1080p with 8XAA, aplha enhanced, SSAO, the game stutters to a complete mess even when the frame rates are in the high 100′s or 80′s. Even on a single card with some of the more taxing settings turned down it likes to drop frame rates to 30 or even 25fps!!!

WTF??? I can max BF3 and still pull in over 100fps on 64 player servers. I can max Crysis 1 with tons of mods and 16xAA and still get 60fps all the time…

THIS GAME NEEDS SOME SERIOUS PATCHING!!

I am using latest drivers 12.11 beta 11 with CAP2 and it did improve single card performance by about 10fps but the game it self still stutters.

My mate has this game on PS3 and he says it looks pretty good a console game but even on consoles the game stutters as well!!! Its a great game when it works but it simply does not work yet!!

4. Cobra951

No stutter on the 360. The frame rate is lousy during cutscenes, but very fluid during actual gameplay. I’m sorry to hear the PC version has problems.

5. OnionPowder

@3 if you’re having microstuttering try turning on DX9. Seems like the issue is with DX11.

6. HauntaVirus

Ya, it does need some patching badly. I’ve tried DX11 off as well, same result.

7. Maximum Payne

I think that ”aplha enhanced” stuff is maybe causing the stuttering

8. Uncontested

I don’t stutter at all… but I’m running 2x 560 Tis in SLi mode.. 12 gigs of ram..

9. OnionPowder

@8 – BUDDY! I’m also running this with 2x 560 Tis in SLI :D and I get a constant fluid 60FPS.

Issue seems to be exclusive to AMD users as my friend running it on a 5970 is getting microstuttering as well.