SWTOR increases bonuses for Preferred Status players

Wednesday, 5th December 2012 02:02 GMT By Brenna Hillier

BioWare has made a few changes to Star Wars: The Old Republic’s free-to-play option to the benefit of Preferred Status players.

As detailed in a new developer blog, Preferred Status Players will now have access to four default Quickbars rather than two, and those who had purchased additional Quickbars will have the purchase price refunded.

In the future, Preferred Status players will also be granted four more character slots for a total of six. Preferred Status players are those who use the free to play option but have purchased the game, purchased something via micro-transaction, or once held a subscription.

“One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback,” Bioware said of the changes.

“We want you to know that this is an ongoing dialogue. Recently, we’ve seen your feedback on some of the other aspects of our Free-to-Play option and once again, we are working to improve the experience for all of our players.”

1. roadkill

2. GwynbleiddiuM

Well, to my greatest amazement I re-subbed. So, F2P stuff no longer concerns me. I giving it a second chance, mainly because F2P options and restrictions were outrageous, so I re-subbed to put that nonsense behind me.

3. wickedcricket

“The developer blog also revealed that an upcoming patch will remove the 50 character limit for Subscribers, allowing them to have as many alts as they like.” Are they even serious? Who cares about that??? Increase the cap level fokkin basterds!

4. viralshag

@3 I would care if it means I can have more characters on the one server.

5. roadkill

@4 You have no life!

6. GwynbleiddiuM

@5 Well, I think many of these f2p guys are here for some KOTOR3 experience. They want to play the story and move on.

7. viralshag

@5, Hmm, yeah ok. Not sure how you get that from the comment. But whatever, you are a bit retarded so I’ll just leave you to it.

@6, I’ve pretty much been subbed since release with maybe a two or three month break in between. If you like the game I don’t see any point in not subbing. The F2P options are kinda lame. ;)

8. absolutezero

I think he meant that if you get anywhere near 50+ characters then you might have a bit of a problem.

9. viralshag

That’s fair enough but the reason I made the comment is you can only have 12 characters per server, or that’s how it looks when I’m on the character screen.

And as they have limited servers now, you would think an increase in character limit would mean per server too.

10. Talkar

It was worse back before the game went F2P. I could only have 8 characters per server, so that would mean 1 per class. And i like to have a 2 characters per class, 1 per advanced class x)

11. GwynbleiddiuM

@Talkar the only Class I like 2 have 2 characters for is Sith Inq. :D

PS: Any of you playing on Red Eclipse (EU)?

12. viralshag

@Gwyn, I am.

I moved over to Empire and don’t have a level 50 on there yet. Two Imp Agents are a must to me. Playing one dark/sniper the other a light/operative. :D

13. deathm00n

You who play can answer me this? I have a free account and in the cracter creation it shows I have 2 characters slots, but when I try to create a second character it says I don’t have available slots, is this normal? Do I have to buy the slot or something like that?

14. GwynbleiddiuM

@viral great, I have a lvl 34 Sorcerer, 18 Juggernaut and Also have a lvl 12 Imp Sniper (Siyavash, Ragnhildr and Lavonne), would be nice to see ya there. :D

I don’t have a 50 neither.

@13 I don’t think so, but I’m a sub don’t know how char creation works on a f2p account. Every char I made was before F2P.

15. roadkill

@7 What absolutezero said. You couldn’t figure that out by yourself and I call me retarded!? Haha!!

16. viralshag

@15, “and I call me retarded!?”

Well at least we agree on that.

17. roadkill

crap

18. viralshag

Haha.

I misread what you meant anyway so my bad. ;)

19. roadkill