Dragon Quest X Wii U gets rousing new trailer

Wednesday, 5th December 2012 13:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon Quest X received a rather lovely new Wii U trailer as part of today’s Nintendo Direct Japan presentation. You can get our rundown of the presentation here, including new Pikmin 3 and Game & Wario information. The below clip shows off plenty of player-created characters, enemies, and many of the MMO’s colourful environments.

Thanks AGB.

1. zinc

So Dragon Quest & Monster Hunter? Surely that’s the Japanese market sewn up for the WiiU, for awhile?

2. OlderGamer

I would guess so too zinc, goes along with what I have been saying. I just hope we see these games get western releases, promtly. I know the west now play fps instead of quirky JPN games and the Skyrims and MMOs instead of the jRPGS, but I think there is still a lot of room for JPN games, esp on the WiiU.

I think JPN throws their wieght behind the WiiU.

3. Clupula

@2 – of course you’d think that.

4. Dragon246

You will see that you are wrong very soon, if things go like history.
    Both games will likely fall below 100k in their second week, as has happened to previous ps3 MH releases and wii DQX release.
    The franchises that work for handheld and consoles are pretty different.

Remember mmos don’t work like regular games, so even 200-300k is a good start.

Well, I could be wrong too, who knows :)

5. zinc

@3, Well the fact that OG is the Ninty Marketing Agent sent to infiltrate VG247, with the express purpose of sowing seeds of desire for the WiiU, is an open secret.

But the point still stands, Dragon Quest & Monster Hunter are (I believe) big hitters in Japan & WiiU has them both.

6. friendlydave

My only concern with it having a western release is I don’t think the Monthly subscription would go down well in the western market. Would love it too though.