Dishonored title update 1.2 fixes bugs, supports multiple screen play

Tuesday, 4th December 2012 21:54 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Arkane has released a title update for Dishonored which fixes various bugs and supports playing the game on multiple screens.

Update 1.2 is available for all formats, and contains the following fixes:

• Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
  • Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
  • Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
  • Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
  • Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
  • Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
  • Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
  • Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)

Load your game up on PC, PS3, or Xbox 360 and apply the patch now.

1. Mike W

Hey Steph I don’t know if you got a chance to get this game and this is just my opinion, but this is the shittest looking game I ever seen. :(

Even on the PC…

2. Telepathic.Geometry

Seriously? I play it on the PS3, but I think it looks fucking amazing, the art style is beautiful…

3. Sini

It looks pretty bad on ps3, in comparison pc is much better, especially if you use color injectors and such.

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Well, I guess I come at these things from an artistic point of view. This game is very pretty in the sense of art direction and style, in the same way as I feel like Okami is and Rez is and Bioshock is. Maybe the technical end of things doesn’t hold up, but they jazz my motor-neurons so…

5. Sini

I’m talking about removing jaggies and getting rid of bleached color palette, you still retain the la di da artsy crap.
    One such example

6. Phoenixblight

Thats too much color imo especially for how the game is supposed to be about a bleak and desperate time. The amount of color is what you expect from a ratchet and clank game not a game that is telling a story about people being oppressed and fighting the system.

7. Telepathic.Geometry

Well, sounds like it’s a tech debate so, in which case, I don’t know shit! ^-^ (o/

8. Samoan Spider

I would say its a good looking game in an unusual way. Taking it for what it is, I’ve really enjoyed playing it, and even come to enjoy the bleak look (artistically and technically). I can’t help but feel they didn’t tap the potential of the unreal engine here, but it works and can’t be called an ugly game. And just to add, this is a PC players opinion.

9. fearmonkey

Dishonored looks like the fable series with how the characters are drawn. It’s a very pretty game at high res and full options on. You have to give them credit that it certainly doesn’t look like almost every other Unreal engine 3 game.

10. Cobra951

I take it there’s a disconnect here between the PC and console versions? I haven’t had a gaming PC in years. My experience with big games for the past 6 years is console-bound. That experience tells me that Dishonored looks quite good. Is the problem some of you are having that the PC version doesn’t measure up to that more lofty standard?

11. Maximum Payne

@10 I played on PC. Zero problem.
    Its great port. It runs very well, have fov slider , pc UI for hotkeys and it doesn’t have washed out colors like in console version IMO.

12. monji

Hi all!
    Here u are!the ultimate dishonored app crash (long error kernel….)fix with ati card !
    1-just right click desktop and click on screen resolution and see your current resolution
    2-right click desktop and go to amd vision engine control center(amd ati catalyst software)
    3-open ‘my vga displays’ > ‘properties(vga display)’
    4-untick ‘Use extended display identification data(edid) or driver defaults’
    5-set your resoulution in step1 u see and the refresh rate too 60-200hz(its 75 for me, depend on your monitor)
    6- now take a breath and open my lovely game of the year best story best action best… Dishonored with no f***g error! cheers!
    sorry for my english!

dont forgot to mail me and say thx if your prob is solve! Ardalan@outlook.com

13. DrDamn

Agree with T.G. – just playing through on 360 now. Technically it’s lacking in a few areas, texture quality being the main one, but artistically it’s great. It’s also very cohesive – in that the overall output is very consistent, solid and smooth.