Far Cry 3 video diary #5: the multiplayer battlecry

Monday, 3rd December 2012 14:02 GMT By Sam Clay

Far Cry 3 is giving Sam Clay much love, and in his fifth and final video diary he tackles Ubisoft’s multiplayer offering, and explains how the Battlecry and decoder systems work.

Far Cry 3′s multiplayer revolves around it’s battle cry system, in which players gain XP and perks for working as part of a close-knit team. You also have the option to revive players, which will also gain you extra points and help you come across as a lovely chap or chapette. As such, it’s probably one of the few online console shooters where team work really does decide the victor.

Far Cry 3 is out now in the EU, it’s in stores tomorrow – December 4th – in the US

1. Erthazus

I’m playing the singleplayer right now and can’t understand the hype. It is mediocre at best. Missions have no variety at all. Island is boring. Enemies don’t respawn (THANK GOD FOR THAT UBISOFT!!!) but they are absolutely everywhere! Some of them are even trying to ride on the jeep for you in the jungle forest for no reason at all. Crafting mechanic also sucks aka MMORPG style with 1-2 buttons. Stealth mechanic is not very well done because AI is stupid and the fact that you can “stealth kill” from 10-30 m is just bollocks.

I’m playing game in 60 frames per second with Direct X11 and FULL HD and not impressed with visuals at all. At some point even Far Cry 2 jungles had better visuals really.

#1 1 year ago
  2. monkeygourmet

Maybe you got the beta build when you pirated it?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

@2, I never pirate and I started playing it today with the latest patch.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dark

“It is mediocre at best. Missions have no variety at all. Island is boring. ”
    THIS!!
    right now , i’m forcing myself to play and finish the SP.

this gen , i haven’t enjoyed a single game from ubisoft.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Erthazus

@4, Me too. I’m forcing myself to play it too and I just started playing it.

and yes, I haven’t enjoyed a single game from Ubisoft in this gen too.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Docker Al

Check out the official forums. Yet another broken multiplayer offering from Ubisoft.It’s Ghost Recon:Future Soldier all over again.That is the real story here.Why doesn’t this “honest” website report on these issues?No regional search,no party system, people sitting in empty lobbies and the list goes on. I guess this website won’t tell us the truth for fear of upsetting the advertisers.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Takeshi

@1 Sure we are playing the right game?

The visuals are amazing to me, and I am not even cranking it all up. Taking over a base is very fun although I rarely manage to get anything but “No Alarms” XP. Not getting detected at all is quite hard. The campaign is pretty amazing. Very believable voice actors too. A much needed rational stance to FC2′s “well, you’re this guy who is in Africa.”

Definitely surprised at see such writing coming from Ubisoft since I’ve been knowing Ubisoft for Assassin’s Creed for quite a few years now before they were doing Prince of Persia.

The only grip I have with the game is how the major boss battles are done.

Hunting for crafting was really addicting to me at least, spent 4-5 hours straight just doing that. :p

The soundtrack is pretty memorable too. Of course, it coming from Brian Tyler explains it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

WHUP WHUP WHUP. Fantastic Soundtrack.

#8 1 year ago