BioShock: Infinite box art features “official” Elizabeth

Monday, 3rd December 2012 02:03 GMT By Brenna Hillier

BioShock: Infinite’s front cover is all Booker, all the time, but the back shows Elizabeth, as drawn from her newly-announced official cosplayer.

In a post on the developer’s blog, Irrational Games boss Ken Levine revealed Elizabeth’s appearance on the back of the shooter’s boxart.

He also confirmed the appointment of Russian cosplayer Anna Ormeli Moleva as the “official face of Elizabeth”. Irrational lined Moleva’s features up with official Elizabeth assets and noted a striking similarity between the two; her face is the basis for the cover, key art and an upcoming TV ad.

Check out the full box art below; click to see it full size. BioShock: Infinite is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in February 2013.

1. Ercarret

I don’t really see a point in having an “official face” of Elizabeth if you’re going to hide her face away among a shitload of quotes, pre-order incentives and screenshots.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Brenna Hillier

She’s certainly not front and center is she. On the bright side, neither is her enormous exposed chest, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Ercarret

True, but I’m still a little surprised that she isn’t on the front cover, seeing how the dynamic between Booker and Elizabeth has been such a focus ever since the initial announcement. I fully expected both of them to share the spotlight. Guess I was wrong. :/

However, in order to be a little bit more positive: I think this is a great thing to do and perhaps she’ll be more visible in the TV ad. I also think that Ormeli is doing a fantastic job – both here, with Elizabeth, and in general. I didn’t realise it at first, but when I checked through her earlier stuff I saw that she’s the same cosplayer who did an amazing Alice in Wonderland based on American McGee/Spicy Horse’s take on the character.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Old MacDonald

I hope the ingame character looks a bit more like that and not like the big-breasted child we’ve seen earlier.

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

The artwork to this reminds of one of the classic games from the 80′s with artwork or photographs that bare no resemblence to what the actual game looks like.

Its quite nice.

#5 1 year ago
  6. osric90

This is gonna be my 2013 favorite and one of my best ever.

#6 1 year ago
  7. TheDarkWeapon

Nice uncharted cover… oh wait…

#7 1 year ago
  8. Mr Sparkle

It’s ironic that the character on the cover won’t be seen at all and the woman on the back one will be on camera a whole lot.

#8 1 year ago
  9. osric90

Would it be THAT wrong that they included a 3rd person covering system like in Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Rainbow Six: Vegas? It would be such a shame if we couldn’t see the character more than in mirrors… but I don’t know, maybe it would break the total 1st person illusion.

#9 1 year ago