Sony’s 12 Deals of Christmas – PS Plus subscription is 33% off

Saturday, 1st December 2012 13:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony as revealed the first offering for its 12 Deals of Christmas promotion on the PS Store. Its a PS Plus subscription for £7.99/€9.99 instead of or £11.99/€14.99, saving you 33%. The offer expires on December 7 at 11.59pm. Starting today, the store will features 12 deals which will remain live for 48 hours. After which, a new deal will be posted.

1. Dragon246

@Steph
    Maybe the heading should be 33% off, not just 33%.

Great deal, unfortunately I have 15 months of subscription left and my wallet is empty :)
    Tip- If someone wants to buy a yearly sub, it would be better for him to buy 4 three month subs because of this deal as I think it would be cheaper.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah it originally was. I’m having tech/mouse issues. Gimme a few.

3. Gama_888

I have finally made the jump to ps+

Paid £8 and im currently downloading motorstorm apocalypse, lbp2, crisis 2,bulletstorm and more.

Feels like I’m robbing them xD

Just a quick question I hope some1 can answer for me. If i move all my game saves to the cloud can I still use them in game without having to come out of the game to re download them onto my system??

4. CyberMarco

@3 I think you have to download the saves from the cloud to the console in order to use them.

5. freedoms_stain

@3/4, yeah, it’s a syncing thing, games can’t access your cloud space.

6. Gama_888

Can i do this while in game without having to return to the xmb??

7. xino

PS+ is only good for owning exclusive free stuff and trying out games. Everything else sucks.

because when you download those games, you can only play them as long as you are a Subcriber. Best to just own the game.

only game you can keep are the half price games for PS+

8. DrDamn

I think you are missing the point there. It’s a subscription service, that’s what it does. You can try out the games all the way to the end and move on, that’s a big “try”.

9. CyberMarco

@6 You can store you save data on the cloud and when you’ll need it you can download it to your console and use it right away. What do you mean by using it without returning to the XMB?

@7 Partially you’re wrong. PS+ is the best solution for new comers, like myself. I just got a PS3 on September to play PS3 and console exclusive that I can’t find on my PC. And seeing how many great games I get from PS+, I don’t think I’ll be buying a new game anytime soon… Also, I’m already running out of HDD space.

10. DrDamn

You don’t have to store them all, if you’ve downloaded or even attempted to download something from PS+ and deleted it then it’s in your download history even if it disappears from the PS+ list. So you can get it again when you want. Just store what you want to be able to play, and anytime anything new appears make sure you try to download it at least. Adding to your basket, checking out, then cancelling the download is sufficient.

11. Gama_888

@9 I mean if i am in a game but the save I want to use is on the cloud, could I download it to the console without having to come off the game??

12. freedoms_stain

@11, The cloud service is not supposed to replace local storage, it’s a backup. You don’t upload all your saves to the cloud then delete the local version. I’m fairly certain that if you did delete the local save then the service would just download the cloud file during its next sync anyway.

13. Dragon246

I think some people are missing the point here, is it really that bad to pay less than what a full-priced AAA game costs and get more than 60 games in a year for free? Plus is the BEST SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE for games right now, regardless of platform. There is just no competition here. Frankly I assumed valve would get such an awesome idea first. If you are on ps3 or vita, then its a must. Its not for heavy gamers who buy everything day-one, but frankly, how many of them really are there? Most people don’t buy more than 4-5 games, its awesome deal for them just like CyberMarco said.

14. Cozzy

This is a fantastic deal, just payed for 90 days as I’m only really buying it to get Golden Abyss for free but the other stuff makes the deal even sweeter. It really is worth the money for any PS3/Vita owners.