Splinter Cell: Blacklist video shows take-downs of the non-lethal variety

Friday, 30th November 2012 22:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A Splinter Cell: Blacklist video released by Ubisoft is posted below, and it shows various, non-lethal ways in which Sam Fisher can take down his enemies. It is narrated by animation director, Kristjan Zadziuk. Splinter Cell: Blacklist is slated for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in northern spring 2013.

1. Maximum Payne

Looks good but I hope they bring some Depth to the game like moral choices from Double agent or different endings depending on you play style( Dishonored) some hacking,focusing on shadow…

2. Moonwalker1982

Looks to be going back to its roots ALOT more than Conviction. Although i really do wonder if we can finally drag bodies again. I do find some of those takedowns a bit weird…most of them shouldn’t even knock the enemies out, it’s barely hardhitting or whatsoever. One of them shows Sam pulling a guy backwards gently to the floor…wtf?

3. Maximum Payne

^^ You can drag body but not carrying them :D

4. SameeR_Fisher

@Moonwalker1982 & Maximum Payne: you can actually Carry bodies, you can’t drag them, check the Ghosthrough on youtube, Carrying Bodies is shown.

5. Maximum Payne

@5 Yea my bad I just seen it :D

6. Erthazus

Some of the moves are just weird and acrobatic for the stealth game. After conviction he probably worked at circus.

7. TheWulf

Because everything should be boring and exactly the same as its predecessors, right?

It’s people like you that hold back gaming and stop it from actually going anywhere. To be honest, I’m tired of the same old, same old nonsense. I really like that there’s a huge variety of slightly OTT non-lethal takedowns.

8. SameeR_Fisher

@8:

I think he means that some of the moves feels inapplicable in real life scenarios, like the last one, a back flip kick to the face !!!, like a real operative would ever do that.

9. Triggerhappy

Ok it’s looking good and it kinda looks like it’s returning to it’s roots a bit… but without Ironside as Sam’s voice im not going to be able to get in to it. Plus he looks even younger AGAIN. They should have just changed the character completely, mabey kept Ironside on the voice cast as some sort of mission adviser like Grim, then I mabey could have got onboard with this. Splintercell for me is now a write off. It’s like replacing a character on a tv show or movie, it sucks.

10. Erthazus

@7, It all comes to the gameplay and I said about unrealistic moves in real life scenarios such as back flips.

11. Da Man

Me no point convey. Me speech no.

You would’ve thought by this time anyone would be able to grasp the basics. But alas.

12. On2wheels

[yawn] So sick of ‘pather style’ gameplay, those jerks at ubi let Max Beland take over this series and copy/paste Conviction all over again without the black/white effect.
    As an old time original Splinter Cell fan I will proudly say I’m actually happy not to preorder this, and maybe get it on sale.
    [/end e-penis enlarging rant]