PS Vita bundle with Unit 13 voucher and one year of PS Plus lands at retail next week

Thursday, 29th November 2012 16:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A New PS Vita bundle will be released at retail in the US next week, and it includes the 3G Wi-Fi system, 1 year membership to PS Plus, a Unit 13 game voucher and a 4GB Memory Card for $299.99. It’s a rather decent deal considering user will be able to take advantage of the Instant Game Collection which includes Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048 and others.Those who own a PS3, will also automatically unlock 12 PS3 titles including inFAMOUS 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and more. Get more information on the PS Blog.

1. Dragon246

Unit 13 is a really good game imo,despite what many say. I loved it.
    Great bundle at great price.

2. Erthazus

The death of Sony’s handheld really.

Next is probably: Ps Vita with all games + PS3 for Free.

3. Deacon

Haha.. nice one Erth.

I think people are going to have to judge the Vita over the long haul. Right now it’s not in a great place, but that could all change over the next 12-24 months. The PSP has done very well in it’s lifetime, so, yeah, who knows.

I’m not in a rush to sit and play an FPS on Vita, so I will be avoiding Unit 13 unless they give it away free on Plus at some point.

4. Dragon246

@Erth
    Isn’t it too soon to say so? Although I would love ” Ps Vita with all games + PS3 for Free” bundle.

5. Erthazus

PS vita is such an awesome device, but Sony failed to support it… Failed in every direction. I’m not sure that something will change.

To make this thing sell, something like “Put here the most anticipated game of all time” must be on the handheld to sell it really at this stage.

6. DrDamn

It does offer fantastic value, but that is still a big outlay for a handheld – that memory card is too small for the PS+ content too. It does need a price cut to sell in decent numbers, but some kudos to Sony for adding a tonne of value to the package.

RE: Unit 13 – I really enjoyed it too. It’s well reworked for a handheld – not really a traditional FPS/TPS. The mission structure and mission types make it more of a score attack level based game with a TPS control. Good sensible use of the touch screen too.

7. DrDamn

Disagree – they may have failed to support it with what you wanted maybe. They have supported it with a load of stuff though. Still think the biggest issues are basic price and competition from the mobile space.

8. Beta

It all comes down to the fact that it’s too expensive for the typical customer. A Christmas price cut and some decent advertising would do them wonders.

Bought one today, I’ve wanted one since launch but with Christmas coming up this is the first time I’ve been able to justify spending £200+ on a handheld.

9. OlderGamer

PSN+ does add fantastic value. Best thing Sony has done the entire gen. I hope it inspires other platform holders to do the samethings. However, like some have already said, and we know, until the Vita gets a sizable price cut sales won’t dramiticly pick up and sustain them.

If someone wants to sell you a new sports car valued at over 100,000usd for just 75,000usd, and you don’t have 75,000usd then it isn’t a good deal. In otherword, doesn’t matter how much “Value” Sony packs in the Vita Bundle box, if people are unwilling to spend the money to buy one, it still isn’t good enough. Just lower the price on the box and be done with it. The rest will take care of itself.

10. fuchikoma

Unit 13 was awesome. I’m generally sick of shooters, but I got the demo… then I got the game… then I beat the game, but I’m still trying to get all the VIPs, rank highly on daily challenges, etc. It’s very well put together and it’s not just a stop & pop shooter.

For the Vita’s value… whatever. There will always be haters – some people said the PSP had no games even years after it was released. They see what they want to see. Remember when the Vita wasn’t released and everyone went “too bad it’ll be like $600!” …then it was $250, the cost of a 3DS. I regret my 3DS, but I still feel like I stole something with my Vita. I can’t not find things to play on it. It’s more that I have a lot of catching up to do on it!