Humble THQ Bundle contains Darksiders, Metro 2033, CoH, Red Faction: Armageddon, SR3

Thursday, 29th November 2012 19:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Humble THQ Bundle has been announced and contains seven games for PC-only with Steam keys and soundtracks for all games, minus Metro 2033.

Here’s what you’ll get:

• Darksiders
  • Company of Heroes
  • Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
  • Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
  • Metro 2033
  • Red Faction: Armageddon
  • Saints Row: The Third  (if you pay over the average price)

The pay what you want bundle has 13 days left, and as of this post, 47,258 have been sold. If you bought each individually, you’d pay $190 retail.

Since the beginning of Humble Bundle, the charity has raised over $7,850,000.

1. someguy2

Is this really something a company with lots of financial problems should do?

2. Ercarret

I’ve already played Metro 2033, Saints Row The Third and Darksiders, but it’s undeniably a sweet deal. In the end, I got it anyway. I don’t really know why. Cheap. Good games. Worthy cause. Something like that.

3. Llewelyn_MT

I wonder why the make you pay more for the worst game of the bunch…

4. SplatteredHouse

I may get it at some point for the DS soundtrack, and to have a copy of CoH.

5. Anders

@1: They are selling seven games that are a year old or more and have made $600 000 so far. They will probably end up doing at least $2 million. Part of that money is going to charity, PayPal and Humble Bundle itself, but yes, it’s absolutely something they should do. It’s such a good idea that I’m surprised THQ are doing it.

Don’t own a PC, bought it anyway. Might get one some day.

6. NeoSquall

@3 You’re such a joke.

@5 THQ’s CFO (one of the responsibles for the company’s actual state) got the boot, so I think that’s the new one’s doing.

7. someguy2

@5 They could’ve done something similar without giving money to charity. I’m going to sound like an asshole but when your business is in a decline, philanthropy should be the least of their worries.

8. NeoSquall

@7 Luckily the Humble Bundle initiative is organized and run by Wolfire Games and the guest developers/publishers can’t interfere with it, this means you will always have the right to choose the amount of money to donate, how to distribute it and to give a part to videogaming-related charities.

9. DSB

To me this looks more like a last wave goodbye. I don’t see how they can avoid being sold or liquidated soonish.

If it was really about profit, I think they’d be better off waiting for the Steam Xmas sale.

@6 Come on now, really? THQs downfall was due to bad math?

10. NeoSquall

@9 He was a Farrel’s man, he did nothing to avoid the uDraw fiasco, even though he could in his charge.

He’s as responsibile as Farrel in my book.

11. DSB

@10 Ultimately the people responsible are the guys who charted the course, even if the guys who just sat by and looked are idiots too. The problem was strategic, not mechanical.

I think it looks a lot worse for Farrell, the board and the more influential executives in that equasion. They never warned anyone, and they never made any attempt to change the direction.

12. DiodeX

Dear @3, you may of missed what you actually do, if you pay more than the average price, you get SR3, so as it stands, you pay $5.59 or more for the bundle you get SR 3 as well, not for an extra $5.59. simples.
    If you pay $5.59 (at the time) or less you don’t get SR3.

13. NeoSquall

@11 Pucino was CFO and, as far as I know, he could’ve sat on the board as well to grant another favorable vote to his buddy Farrell.

@12 To be fair you must also donate more than 1 Dollar to get the Steam keys, since last year some thick minded people made multiple Steam accounts and registered copies of games purchased with 0,01 dollars from the concurrent Humble Bundle to gain an unfair advantage in the Steam ticket collection.

14. bpcgos

SOLDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I wont miss this chance to help THQ out of crisis (I split it for THQ and a small tip for HB, no charity)

15. CyberMarco

Humble THQ Bundle added Titan Quest and Red: Faction Armageddon DLC Path to War to the bundle