Dirty Bomb: Splash Damage trailers new game

Thursday, 29th November 2012 11:47 GMT By Dave Cook

Dirty Bomb is the new shooter from Brink developer Splash Damage. The studio has announced the game alongside a debut trailer. Watch it below.

The official Dirty Bomb site states that the game is a PC multiplayer shooter, and Splash Damage is taking name reservations now. The clip shows a group of people running around a ravaged, futuristic London shooting each other. Check it out:

1. SameeR_Fisher

Hey Dave, I am not sure if it just me, but the video doesn’t work, I had to go to the official site.

2. Sam Clay

@1 Video man to the rescue. The world of html killed it – Fixed now! :)

3. SameeR_Fisher

@Sam: good job :)

4. ArithonUK

Looks good, but then so did Brink, until I played it.

I’ll wait for post-release reviews, or a solid demo before I jump in.

5. Dodg3r

@4 Same here. I really wanted to love Brink and i really liked the idea of parcour style movement. But the finished product was underwhelming.

Best of luck to Splash Damage, don’t rush it!

6. Moonwalker1982

They don’t even show any reference to Brink in the trailer, only about two other games. That says enough.

7. SplatteredHouse

@6: Can you blame them for feeling there’s more leverage from Enemy Territory? I don’t see the hook to this game. Next time it’s shown, I hope they get to the point, otherwise, it could stay under the radar.

It looks like (“this is a restricted area”) you may be some kind of Hazmat response team, but I don’t know how that would tie in to conflict.

8. Sam Clay

@4 Zing!

9. Maximum Payne

Well if they are not working simultaneously on PC and consoles that one good thing. Also they are using Unreal engine which is of course much better then ID tech 4.
    I also hope they drop $60 price tag.

10. freedoms_stain

I’m gonna guess the core of the game is an attack/defence team MP with one team tasked to detonate a “dirty bomb” and the other team tasked to prevent them.

Hopefully they learned some lessons about how finished a game should be before they release it. On that note, are Bethesda publishing?

11. jacobvandy

It says right at the end of the trailer, that WarChest is the publisher. Yeah… Only thing I can find about them is they published a free-to-play iOS title that Splash Damage made earlier this year, called RAD SOLDIERS.

Interestingly, that publisher’s motto is ‘Free Multiplayer Games,’ so now I’m wondering if Dirty Bomb will be F2P, as well.

12. stretch215

After brink I will never get hyped about these guys again.

13. DSB

Looks like Brink 2.0

I just wish they’d go back to Quake Wars and try to work on those mechanics instead. It felt pretty good to be completing actual objectives on the map instead of just lowering or raising a flag, or blowing up a “something”-station.

I’m with stretch though. Brink burned me.

14. pukem0n

please work with id again. you guys made some of the best games ever together