AC3: Ubi issues survey for sequel, co-op considered – rumour

Thursday, 29th November 2012 08:44 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 3 hasn’t been out all that long, but Ubisoft is supposedly canvassing opinion for a sequel among fans, if an unearthed survey is anything yo go by. The questions include ask about gamer’s desire for yearly sequels, co-op functionality, and a greater emphasis on Uncharted 3-style platforming. Get the details below.

The Gaming Liberty reports that the survey generally covers questions relating to elements of Assassin’s Creed 3 – such as gameplay, the plot and so on – but gets rather interesting when it starts to ask questions about sequels and co-op.

One particular question asks, “If it was to become available next year, how likely are you to purchase the next Assassin’s Creed game?”, suggesting that Ubisoft has its eye on repeating the ‘Brotherhood’ and ‘Revelations’ route of the Ezio trilogy.

The next question is really interesting however, as it asks participants to rate their experience with Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, suggesting that the publisher is looking at a more contained, set-piece driven experience.

Finally, a question regarding co-op asks how enjoyable a drop-in/drop-out feature would be in the next Assassin’s Creed game.

The survey has yet to be confirmed by Ubisoft, so please treat it as rumour for now, but Ubisoft is no stranger to the focus testing route, as it even polled opinion for the creation of Assassin’s Creed 3.

What do you make of the above questions? Would you like to see these features? Let us know below.

Thanks Kotaku.

1. Malmer

More assassinations and variants on how to do that and less managing the homestead selling lumber and doing pointless bambi-assassinations.

2. alimokrane

Oh dear God no! Let’s ruin a perfectly fine single player experience by introducing Co-op so that the game becomes less fun in SP…We saw it in Resident Evil, are we going to see it here too…..

Dont they get it? if you want to add co-op so bad, design separate expansions for it. I dont want my SP experience compromised in the process!

3. SameeR_Fisher

Interesting choices right there.

As for Co-Op I would agree with everyone, let’s make it separate from the main SP Story, why not make a Co-Op world separate from the SP, with it’s own story and own characters, I believe that would be tons better, and not done before I believe.

As for Uncharted 3 Drake’s Deception, I loved the game, I would give it a solid 9, though I criticize how short it kinda was.

Regarding yearly releases, well AC was able to keep it fresh, till Brotherhood, I enjoyed that very much, but when Revelation came out, I wasn’t excited one bit, so maybe it is not that good of an idea, maybe they should try Seasonal Content Release like Halo 4 is doing ?!, that can keep the game alive at least every 3 or 6 months, of course the content needs to be something other than MP.

4. SameeR_Fisher

Why not take a break next year and release Prince of Persia, I remember there were leaks about a new game right ?!, taking place in Egypt ((my country so I am happy), they can see how this new PoP is received, if they manage to make a great title, they can go Activision route ((bad I know)) AC one year, then PoP the next one, then back to AC.

5. vicrysty

I personally expect next year to see a new Assassin’s Creed. It is very good that the new Prince of Persia will take place in Egypt. May arise both games Assassin’s Creed and Prince of Persia. I’m not like Prince of Persia. Assassin’s Creed I bought them all and I played with pleasure. Do not give up to Connor, I want to see him in England and France. You continue to get Assassin’s Creed every year. Assassin’s Creed 4 must be” The rise of Cesar’s Empire in Ancient Rome “.

6. vicrysty

This franchise has always brought something new. It is one of the best, fairly constant, not like other franchises that have derailed a lot in recent years (Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Medal of Honor, Tomb Raider, and many other examples). You are not satisfied, no longer play (I mean those who compare Assassin’s Creed with Call of Duty series). I hope this game to occur every year because there are many who love this franchise and to discover something new with every game that appears.

7. hksingh

Ac3 sequel should have a story where we can go the time of first civilisation using animus