Arma 3: Jailed devs send letter from prison 81 days after arrest

Thursday, 29th November 2012 09:22 GMT By Dave Cook

Arma 3 developers Ivan Buchta and Martin Pezlar continue to be held in a Greek prison awaiting trial, and have released a letter 81 days after their imprisonment. Read it in full below.

The letter can be read in full at the HelpIvanMartin site set up by Bohemia Interactive developers eager to see the pair freed. The letter was published alongside a 150-strong protest outside the Greek embassy in Prague. The demonstration was organised Mafia developer at 2K Czech Daniel Vávra in a bid to encourage the developer’s release.

The letter reads, “After tiring two months it is important for us to hear (well, read) words of encouragement and to learn we are not forgotten. We are treated well, but we feel we should rather be with our families than here.

“Your effort makes it easier to handle: we enjoy the postcards, community news, pictures and puzzles which are being regularly send by this website’s magnificent staff, It seem that it will take some time before we could return home and there is certainly much to overcome.

“We do our best to stay optimistic and use this time well: we read, we walk, we chat and discuss and Martin even does some pt. We’ve already walked hundred of kilometres, read thousands of pages, but our thoughts are always with our families, friends and people who help us in any way.”

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. roadkill

Are any of you proficient with graphology? I also find it odd that the letter was not written in handwriting.

2. TheWulf

The lack of handwriting doesn’t surprise me. It doesn’t seem so prevalent in Europe, especially not the UK. I don’t see people do handwriting much at all, here. Mostly print, like in that letter.

3. friendlydave

hmm, That’s how I’ve always wrote. Picked it up from my dad who also writes like that too. Never thought about it before.

Surprised these guys are still there, thought they would of been out by now.

4. Cobra951

My calligraphy has all but gone away too. I very seldom do any handwriting anymore. Not that this really matters here. How is it these people are still caged in Greece?

5. roadkill

What? Really? Even when you write letters!?

6. Cobra951

What letters? You mean emails? Text messages? Posts like this one?

7. roadkill

I mean real life letters. These are usually ways of sharing personal stuff and when people share personal stuff they use handwriting. Or at least that’s what I thought.

8. fuchikoma

A number of people these days have forgotten how to do handwriting after relying on keyboards so much. That, and cursive writing is famous for being hard to decypher and I suppose when you’re writing from prison, you want to make it count.

9. Digital Bamboo

I stopped using handwriting the moment that they stopped teaching it in school. Never saw the point. Printing is clearer, and printing in uppercase–as seen here–is clearest.