Yoshi Land Wii U outed on retail sites

Wednesday, 28th November 2012 09:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Yoshi Land for Wii U has been outed by Canadian Best Buy and Future stores, along with a product descriptor. The game’s title was first seen after a Wii U owner gained access to Nintendo’s MiiVerse admin control panel, where a whole topic thread was dedicated to the game. Get the details below.

The game has been listed on both Best Buy and Future’s retail sites, along with different product descriptors. Both sites are retailing Yoshi’s Land at an RRP of $59.99.

Best Buy

Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you’ve never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you’ll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo’s MiiVerse service.

Future Shop

Join everyone’s favourite dinosaur in his first big starring role on Nintendo Wii U – Yoshi’s Land. Utilise the power of the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad to enjoy dual-screen fun in this epic adventure with stunning HD graphics and connectivity with the MiiVerse.

Check out our coverage of the game’s discovery on the MiiVerse admin boards here:

Wii U: user accesses MiiVerse admin boards, Nintendo responds.

Thanks AGB.

1. monkeygourmet

Yay! :D

I hope it’s done in the same style as kirbys epic yarn or Yoshis island on SNES, that would look amazing in HD!

So, being that his is true, that means the other games listed will be making an appearance at some point?

Metroid
    Resi Evil
    Soul Hackers?
    Metal Gear
    Donkey Kong

The others like Wii Fit have already been announced.

2. Telepathic.Geometry

Shit, my resistance is gradually getting worn down. I loved this game back in the day on the SNES, and Zombie Wii U and Mario Wii U and Nintendoland and Rayman Wii U and Pikmin 3 are there too… >.<

3. Dave Cook

So awesome. Can’t wait to see what it looks like.

However, I’m a real sucker for Kirby. Big HD adventure please, or better yet, give the little guy his own 3D game. Could be done really well now.

4. monkeygourmet

Because of the asymmetric play, I think the tag line could be:

‘Take Yoshi to bed and play with him hard, real hard’

That would certainly get all the gamers who like gritty adult games on board.

5. monkeygourmet

Played Yoshis Island on a GBA recently. It holds up soooo well graphically. An amazing job really!

6. Nicolas Pottier

Yoshi’s Island 2 on Nintendo DS wasn’t so good. So wait and see for this one ! But I hope a beautiful hand crafted style in HD ! And a gorgeous gameplay like Yoshi’s Island on SNES.

7. DrDamn

Interesting – given the descriptions I presume it would have been a major point *if* the game was 3D, so we can expect 2D?

Why is that asymmetric? Little bit confused.

8. Digital Bamboo

@6 Agree, Yoshi’s Island 2 didn’t feel quite right. But the original ranks amoung the best 2D platformers ever created. Played through it in a single night with my cousin when it was first released. I hope this one follows suit.

P.S. Best Buy Canada is proving to be quite the source of early Nintendo news.

9. absolutezero

Fingers crossed this is what Retro have been working away on.

Touch Fuzzy.

10. Dave Cook

@9 good lord man, that would be superb if Retro were involved :O

11. monkeygourmet

As in mirrored play on the tablet screen.

Good jokes should not have to be explained… That was not a good joke…

You have now knocked my confidence! ;)

12. monkeygourmet

It could be a HD re-make of Yoshi’s Safari! O__o

13. DrDamn

Ah, that’s not what asymmetric means. Mirrored play is like remote play on a PSP/Vita. In fact that is absolutely not asymmetric. Asymmetric play is multiplayer where the players have distinct gameplay specific to their role. In these situations the gamepad would normally *not* mirror what is/would be on the screen but show something different or give extra information.

For example the Luigi ghost thing in Nintendo Land is asymmetric as the wiimote players are running around with torches and can’t see the ghost. The gamepad ghost player sees where they are on the gamepad screen. Their gameplay is different to the other players. Or another example is the multi-player in ZombiU. The pro-controller/wii-mote nun-chuk player runs around killing zombies from a first person perspective, the gamepad player controls zombie spawns from a top down perspective.

14. monkeygourmet

I realise my mistake… Please forgive me! :)

15. mistermogul

Sorry off topic but any of you guys got a 3DS XL?

If so you can claim a free game download (from choice of 5). See details here:

Got me some Professor Layton :)

16. monkeygourmet

Trading my 3DS for an XL over Christmas, def a nice little bonus! :)

17. Zohar

If they ruin this game with “wah wah” music I’m going to cry. I hope it’s in the hand-drawn visual style of Yoshi’s Island.

Please don’t ruin this, Nintendo.

18. Dave Cook

@17 I know exactly what you mean :P

19. Moonwalker1982

Am i the only one who wants to see this being a 3D platformer? It’s time for 3D platformers to return. I for one am much more interested in a 3D Mario than the 2D sidescrollers.

20. mistermogul

@16 – Good plan my man. I couldn’t go back to regular size 3DS now I’ve upsized!

@19 – Agree with you. I much prefer 3D platformers to the 2D ones, having said that Donkey Kong Country Returns was totally superb…

21. OlderGamer

Can’t freaken wait.

If you are on the fence about WiiU, just do it. You don’t play and enjoy games because of other peoples perception of what cool is. If you like Nintendo, you are going to LOVE WiiU. It is a great system.

But if you are uncomfortable right now, wait till the first price cut. Start making your “to buy” list now. Games like ZombieU, Rayman Legends, SMBWiiU, NintendoLand, and now Yoshi. Make your list, and when you get your system, start working on that list.

22. polygem

“But imo, if you have a list of games for a system, that is your clue to actualy buy the system.”

yea, probably true ;)

was on the fence buying day one. not skipped my preorder yet -i just received an amazon email that mine has just been dispatched. i am still on the fence though and i am thinking about returning it to amazon and then get one in spring. i am having a backlog and really more than enough games i want to play but didn´t find the time yet. THAT SAID:
    yoshis island is one of my all time favourite games hands down. i love that game! i still play the ds version from time to time. it´s a feel good game, a true gem. simple, well working gameplay, great artdesign and music. it´s a great example for why i love nintendo games so much.

i also preordered a zombiu wiiu limited… just wanted to cancel but maybe i will be able to ebay that one and keep the deluxe one…i feel bad about ebaying it for a higher price but maybe i will do it anyway and keep the deluxe wiiu then. will probably really save me a hundred euro or so, prices are going up now.

23. Cobra951

“Pre-Orders: This product is scheduled to arrive in our warehouse on 12/31/2013″

If that date is not a mistake, it’s way too soon to buy a system for this game. I do hope it brings back the glory days of Yoshi’s Island. Yoshi’s Story, not so much.

24. polygem

@mistermogul: great promo! thank you for the hint but cannot find anything on the german club nintendo page ;( maybe have to check again in a few days).
    maybe i would even get that style boutique game, my girlfriend enjoyed the demo a lot, not seriously, but in a cheesy way she found it to be really fun (and weird funny) and relaxing.
    really do love my 3dsxl…..think i have already registered though. bought one day one.
    see…..maybe i SHOULD wait with wiiu ;)

if they make a yoshis island remake in a similar way and in the same quality of what they did with dkcr then this alone would justify buying a wiiu, at least for me.
    i´d prefer a 2d yoshi and would like to see a 3d mario game with yoshis in it.