Battlefield 3 Nov 27th patch: full update notes revealed

Monday, 26th November 2012 17:27 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 3 will receive a new patch for PS3 and Xbox 360 from November 27th and no later than December 4th on PC. There are many patch notes to sift through and obsess over. Check them out below.

The patch was listed in full over at the Battlelog blog, and among the long list of changes is a hefty gun re-balancing checklist. Here it is:

• M416: First shot and horizontal recoil slightly increased. This should make the choice between M16 and M416 more interesting again.
  • L85A2: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.
  • AUG: first shot recoil slightly to increase weapon controllability.
  • FAMAS: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.
  • G53: Vertical recoil reduced to make this weapon more controllable.
  • QBZ-95B: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.
  • LSAT: Hip accuracy has been increased to highlight the weapon’s role as a highly mobile LMG.
  • Type88 LMG: Recoil has been decreased to make it a viable option when compared to the M249.
  • M5K: Increased horizontal recoil and decreased vertical recoil to focus this weapon as a high damage, low control PDW.
  • UMP45: Decreased fully automatic fire to differentiate this weapon from the PP2000.
  • MP412: Increased its accuracy to better distinguish it from the .44 Magnum.
  • M26: Increased aimed accuracy to be in line with the other shotguns.

Also included in the update are PS3 input lag and audio stability fixes, weapon glitch fixes, map tweaks and more. Get the full list of changes here.

1. OlderGamer

Unless they remove(or dramaticly reduce) the number of user “owned” servers, me and my friends will likly stay off of BF3. All we want is a straight up, normal rules selection of servers. Not something catered to the guy that wants to run the same one or two maps over and over and over. Or the guy that wants a game that lasts 2hours due to 100s of % more tickets then a normal game. Or the guy that server bans you for killing him a couple of times.

No thanks.

2. DSB

I’d settle for a balancing option and a better anti-cheat system, maybe with some replays/killcams, since that actually drags the gameplay down.

The server browser is a pain though.

3. KAP

Your right. DICE should have two server menu for the player:
    EA Servers.
    Player Owned Servers.

It’ll be so much more attractive for players to come back. With that said I’ve been waiting so long for this patch, the lag input and audio dips turned me of it for ages.
    The player created servers used to be another issue but I got around that by manually searching “DICE”. Simple.

4. OlderGamer

Searching for DICE helps, but when I am looking for Hardcore servers, they have a lot less of them then the normal ones. I have a hard time getting on a Dice run hardcore server.

5. freedoms_stain

“Fixed a bug where suppressive fire had reduced effect on the M16 and M5K when compared with other weapons.”

That’s the biggest thing on the list. Watch the M16 usage share drop like a stone.

6. Giskard

@1 What platform are you playing the game on? I haven’t run into any troubles finding a server with normal rules on PC, at least.

7. angelicazander473

good

8. roadkill

@6 Nah, he is right! At least on the hardcore side there aren’t many “vanilla” servers. Most have s**t rules like no snipers, no 320, no rpg on inf, no mortars and so on.. They also have an insane amount of tickets and map rotation differs. Random player distribution at the end of the round as well. It screws up squads of friends. DICE dropped the ball on this side. Bad Company 2 was much more accessible.

9. jldoom

Honestly, with the player run servers you are at the mercy of the host. If they don’t like you for whatever reason, you get kicked. I wasn’t using any “cheap” weapons, shotguns or any rockets and for no reason other than I was doing pretty good “you have been kicked…”

This was one of those long game tickets so after playing in the same map for close to 45 min and lose out on the points, I was pretty pissed.

10. OlderGamer

exactly. I play on xb360.

11. freedoms_stain

Find good servers, Favourite.

It has been the way of player run servers since forever.

12. OlderGamer

…and then wait in que because it is full. Freedom there just isn’t enough of them. Ea isn’t giving players new servers, the players are renting/runing Dice servers. When no one pays for them, they revert to standard ones. But when they are rented, they are gone.

13. roadkill

@9 Yesterday I joined a clan server with my friends. After one game one of the clan members activated his cheats. In a matter of minutes almost all players left. My friends as well. The server was almost empty. And then I switched and started teamkilling the stupid f**k until they banned me. It was fun. At the time of my ban there were only the clan members and 2-3 other players left on the server. That’s how you kill a community. Bad Company 2 was very different. I guess that’s what happens when you attract CoD players to a game.

@12 Exactly!

14. rwflash24

Would be nice if they told people that you don’t have to keep all the old patches for those of us on older systems with less storage. After trial and error what could be dropped.

More than that though few major fixes would be redisbursment of vehicles, like having tanks and destroyers on the same conquest maps. New vehicle’s in old maps. Changing up where some deployments are or adding a few to older large maps. Finally more realistic abilities on vehicles. Exp, US tanks overpower the Russian T90s, but for balance give the Russian side a higher quantity. Same with stealth capability, US has the only Gen 5 aircraft and is projected to for at least 10-15 years. Again, could be balanced with more aircraft or more anti air on the Russian side. Lastly, to stop the annoying deployment strafing and bombing, simply put automated anti air weapons in the deployments.

Down the road it would be great to allow server admins to do more like determining deployment areas, setting conquest or rush areas, also determining what parts of the map to use. Other big titles allow map making, I don’t think that would be wise, but more control of the setup to make each game MORE UNIQUE would be great.

For the record, this is all coming from a developer, so I personally understand the hurdles but actually to accomplish most would be minor in comparison to some things I’ve seen people ask for. This is all already in the game for the most part, it is a matter of just adjusting parameters.

BTW, I know I’ve already written a small book but does anyone else remember the beta version of Metro? I’d love to know why they only use the park area in rush. It made for a great map and a lot less likely for one team to gain an unrecoverable advantage which can happpen especially if you aren’t playing with an organized clan/team with strategy and communication.