Guild Wars 2 saw The Lost Shores event kick off last week to a range of technical issues, and developer ArenaNet has discussed the event’s performance in a new blog update, as well as laying out the studio’s next objectives for the game. Check out what they had to say below.
PCGamesN reports that ArenaNet’s production team head Chris Whiteside thanked the game’s fans, “We’re very excited about the new content, and from the reactions we have seen, so are many of you. Players have already spent an incredible amount of time in the new Fractals dungeon, and their reaction to it has been phenomenal.
“A lot of players really enjoyed the trailblazing aspect of unveiling the new Southsun Cove map, specifically the feeling of discovery and being part of the land grab. Having said that, we’re also aware that there were certain aspects of the event that could have worked better than they did.
“At ArenaNet, we always try to push the boundaries of how we build online worlds, and we thank you for your patience and collaboration as we pioneer into unknown territories. We’ve seen people saying that they really liked the principle of using events to unveil new content, but we need to tighten up the methods by which they are deployed.
“We take these comments to heart, as it is our goal to always deliver content of the highest quality.”
What new content you ask? Well Whiteside also revealed a list of objectives the ArenaNet team will tackle going forward, including the studio’s frequently suggested attempt at tapping into the eSports sector. It’s coming.
Here’s the full list of objectives:
- Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
- Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
- Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
- Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
- Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
- Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
- Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport
- Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
- Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.