Dragon’s Dogma: Capcom retracts PC comment

Thursday, 22nd November 2012 14:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Dragon’s Dogma’s long-awaited PC version has yet to see the light of day, but Capcom’s official Twitter feed assured fans that it’s on the way. However, the publisher has been in touch with VG247 to say that the tweet was made in error.

Update:

Just minutes after posting the below story, a Capcom rep got in touch to apologise and say that the tweet in question – you can see it below – was made in error and that a PC build of Dragon’s Dogma is not currently in development.

Apologies for getting your hopes up folks, but alas we can only report on the cards as they’re dealt.

Original story.

It’s a scant one this, but it should put the minds of the PC-faithful at ease. When a keen gamer asked Capcom where the PC version of Dragon’s Dogma was over Twitter, the developer promptly replied:

So it’s still happening, but we’re no closer to finding out when. Would you check out the game on PC? Let us know below.

1. Maximum Payne

What about RE6 port ?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ercarret

Yeah, absolutely. I have a 360, but since I bought a new PC last year I have migrated there almost completely. Nowadays I mostly use 360 for XBLA, exclusive games (Halo)/series I’ve always played on 360 (Mass Effect), and a few games in genres that work better on console (such as racing games). Dragon’s Dogma doesn’t fit into any of the categories, and so has fallen away a bit from my list of games to play. But if it comes to PC, BAM, it’s right back on the list. :)

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

@1: Isn’t the port supposed to come out at the end of this month?

#3 1 year ago
  4. SplatteredHouse

That’s interesting. I have seen a good amount of positive reaction to this game on console, and the trailer made the game seem promising, so… yeah, if it appears on pc I’d definitely look into it further, likely buy.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Bomba Luigi

I didn’t buy it because of the on-Disc DLC… bring a complete Version to the PC with no such crap and I’m in.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Maximum Payne

@3 No info on PC version at all.

#6 1 year ago
  7. monkeygourmet

This game is incredible.

Best new IP in ages and my GOTY so far.

Should look nice on the PC, the combat is amazing!

#7 1 year ago
  8. YoungZer0

They couldn’t have made the art-direction any more bland if they tried and the story was a total disaster.

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Say whaaaaaaa?! ;)

I loved the creature design and player creation! Having a team of giants with a dwarf mage is something you rarely get to do in an RPG!

The combat and travelling made the game for me.

When night falls… Be afraid!

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

The creature design was boring. Hydra is a monster with Snake heads. Lizard people are just that. Not even the dragons looked good. The washed-out colors didn’t help either.

… and the dialog was terrible.

#10 1 year ago
  11. friendlydave

I loved this game, look forward to a PC Port if its not to dear.

@9 The customisation was pretty immense, but as much as I loved this game I have to agree with #8 the art-direction was very bland and pretty generic. Nothing stood out from standard fantasy art.

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

As YougZero said, you would have thought you could make $230 a day working from home!

#12 1 year ago
  13. Dave Cook

See retraction above folks. Capcom made a gaffe on Twitter it seems. They just got in touch to apologise and retract the Tweet.

#13 1 year ago
  14. friendlydave

Nevermind, was fun while it lasted. Saves more time for games I haven’t even got round to yet though!

#14 1 year ago
  15. Ercarret

I thought it was a bit weird, since I remember hearing that there wouldn’t be a PC version not so long ago. Sad, though. I was really looking forward to it. For about 30 minutes. :P

#15 1 year ago
  16. SplatteredHouse

Is the opinion in general, that the companies’ official Twitter feeds can be taken as “Capcom says”, or not? Should comments need clarification, and how far does “it’s just Twitter” come into it?

Whatever is said can be countered, basically unspoken just as swiftly.

Do publishers understand Twitter, and do players? I am often skeptical when I see tweets used as sources, for sort of this point (and the kind of situation where a site the other day got into a slanging match with and against its readers, in effect, on their official feed – it was as if whoever was on it completely detached any responsibility from their affiliation (NOT that that happened here.)

#16 1 year ago
  17. YoungZer0

@12: Lawl.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Dave Cook

@16 they’re big boys and girls. They should know that what they’re saying will be reported ;)

#18 1 year ago
  19. Lord Gremlin

That’s a game I have Platinum trophy in and spent like $40 or so on DLC. And feel like it deserves the support. Screw that PC port feeding pirates, give us Dark Arisen DLC first!

#19 1 year ago
  20. voxelman

I would buy it on PC, imagine the mods lol

#20 1 year ago