Sony has released a major update for the Vita, bringing the portable’s firmware to 2.0 and adding a number of interesting new features and capacities. Perhaps the most important additions are PlayStation Plus and the ability to use the browser mid-game, but check out the full patch notes through the break.
- Support for PlayStation Plus has been added.
- [Email] has been added to the home screen.
- You can now transfer content between the PS Vita system and a PC using Wi-FI.
- You can now transfer a folder from a PS3 system or a PC to the PS Vita system.
- [Maps] can now display weather information.
- The display performance in [Browser] has been significantly improved.
- The buttons on the PS Vita system can now be used with more applications.
- In [Settings], you can now set how you will be alerted depending on the notification type.
- Turkish has been added as a system language.
- In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.