Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse out today in North America, launch trailer released

Tuesday, 20th November 2012 14:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse is now available at retail outlets in North America. The game’s story was written and voiced by Family Guy talent and features Stewie and Brian traveling through parallel universes in a mission to save Quahog from Bertram, Stewie’s nemesis and half-brother. Playing as either Stewie or Brian, each special weapons and abilities, players will encounter an array of Family Guy characters, references and more through drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer mode and competitive multiplayer challenges. The game is now available on PS3 and Xbox 360. The game lands in Europe on November 23. The launch trailer is below.

1. Christopher Jack

I’m intrigued but can’t find a single review.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Or an official trailer. I want to see it in action. I am still keeping my fingers crossed it will be similar to The Simpsons: Hit and Run, but, again, I have to see it in action first. A review or two would be nice as well.

3. The_Red

Seriously? There isn’t even an official trailer? My god, who ever is publishing it, is just trying to dump the whole thing…

4. Maximum Payne

Are you two insane ? Why would Activision invest in something that isn’t cod ?

5. MaoZeDoing

The game is awesome. I’m a huge fan of Family Guy, and i really liked it. It has some funny moments, all fav heroes are there. You play as Brian and Stewie. Gameplay is about shoot and collect stuff(and a lil’ bit platformer moments). Every stage has a boss. Game progress well, i thought it would be boring, they add some interesting stuff every stage(multiverse). Graphicly game isn’t something special. There are few developers interviews and ign preview if you want to see gameplay. Also multiplayer very fun (splitscreen is there too). But the game is very short, i finished it in 2 days with all collectible stuff and achivments.
    P.s. yes, i’m a pirate like Long John Peter…Harrrr

6. Cobra951

@2:

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I loved that Simpsons game. I want this to be that kind of goodness.

7. The_Red

Found it!
    There’s a launch trailer:

8. Cobra951

Bah! Never mind. Leaped before I looked.

9. Stephany Nunneley

@7 Thanks! It just finally popped up in my email. Getting it in there now.

EDIT: Oh dear. D’toid gave it a 2/10. :/

10. Cobra951

Jim Sterling is a breed apart. A 2/10 from him with no other feedback to cross-reference with it is meaningless.

11. DSB

Or maybe it’s just a lousy game.