Arnold Palmer will grace the cover of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 alongside its namesake, EA Sports has announced.
Palmer is a both a generous tipper, and a golfing legend with 92 professional recorded victories, 62 of which occurred on the PGA Tour. Included in the total are seven major championships including four Masters, one US Open and two Open Championships.
Palmer was previously featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 05 and 06.
Other playable golfers in the next iteration of the series include Keegan Bradley, Bud Cauley, Stacy Lewis and Lexi Thompson, which round out the list of 25 professional golfers included in the game.
Here’s a list of features in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 which should please enthusiasts:
- Become a Masters Champion: For one week each spring, golf’s greatest players from around the world gather on the sacred grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club. Now you can take part in one of the greatest traditions in sports, the Masters Tournament.
- Get excitement on every swing: Huge galleries, digital leaderboards, and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course add to the intense experience of real tournament golf.
- Play as or against more than 20 pros: Take to the links with legends such as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus or modern day pros like Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson or Rickie Fowler.
- Travel to all the championship courses: Take on the best of the best on some of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass.
- Kinect for Xbox 360 support: Hit like a pro with the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Controller-free and voice-enabled controls provide a unique and immersive sports gaming experience.
- PlayStation Move support: Improve your game with a true-to-life golf swing. Experience authentic golf that matches your swing style as you drive the ball down the fairway or sink a 30-foot putt.
Historic Edition Courses
- Augusta Par 3: The smaller course at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. Home of the annual Par-3 contest held the same week as the Masters.
- Augusta 1934: Travel back to the golden age of golf and the very first Masters Tournament on the hallowed grounds of Augusta Golf Club.
- County Down: Play the charming and challenging holes on one of Ireland’s oldest and most noted courses.
- Birkdale: Awarded “Royal” status in 1951 and host to several Open Championships, Birkdale remains one of one of the great classic British clubs.
- Sheshan Golf Club: One of Shanghai’s premier courses, Sheshan boasts an elegant layout that embraces a mix of the old and new.
- TPC Blue Monster: This prestigious and spectacular course has hosted PGA TOUR events for more than 50 years, made famous by its numerous water hazards and signature 18th hole fountain.
A date was not provided as of press time, but the game covers denoted the titles will be available for both Move and Kinect.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.