Halo 4: the world played it for 31.4 million hours in its first 5 days

Friday, 16th November 2012 13:31 GMT By Dave Cook

Halo 4′s campaign isn’t the longest the series has to offer, but it uses its time well. Developer 343 Industries has revealed that over a million players in the game’s first five days on sale. Get the stats below.

Over on Halo Waypoint it was revealed that exactly 1,116,882 gamers beat the Halo 4 campaign in just five days, but only 6% managed it on Legendary difficulty.

During those five days, people played Halo 4 for a total of 31.4 million hours – 16m hours in multiplayer which amounted to 4,590,416,285 kills, 13.5m hours in campaign, and 1.9m hours in Spartan Ops. That is rather nuts.

Are you responsible for any of these figures? How are you enjoying the game so far? Let us know below.

Thanks IGN.

1. Gadzooks!

Only managed a Heroic solo run and 2 levels of Heroic co-op so far but my regular co-op buddy is crazy busy with work atm. Can’t wait to take on a legendary Promethian Knight!

I’ve been mixing it up with Spartan Ops sessions with randoms. Had some fantastic runs with the team moving as a single tight unit, and a couple of hilariously uncoordinated clusterfucks.

Loadouts have made multiplayer infinitely better IMO, and it’s nice that they carry over to Spartan Ops.

It took a little acclimatising to get used to 343′s take on Halo, but Halo 4 has taken the crown from CE for me. Never thought that would happen.

2. Man_s

Legendary solo is quite challenging at times. Made it all the way in 15hours. I’ve always been a great fan of Halo campaigns and this is definitely up to par.

Also, I have to say this is probably the most engaging multiplayer offering of all the Halo games on 360. Love Spartan Ops as well.

3. KaRmAChAnG

Completed it on Legendary solo in 4 evenings.

Having completed every Halo game on Legendary I don’t think this was as hard as this was emphasized in the reviews. Was one of the more challenging campaigns but definitely not the most difficult. Combat Evolved/Anniversary still holds that title imo.

4. Gadzooks!

Halo 2 legendary – instakill sniper jackals in New Mombasa. That was the hardest bit in all the campaigns for me I think.

Also in Reach, New Alexandria evacuation there’s a building on a beachhead with 2 chieftan brutes together, one with a hammer, one with fuelrod cannon. That had me cussing like a sailor.

5. polygem

still haven´t finished my first playthrough. i am only having the last boss fight ahead though..i am holding back. i plan to finish the campaign the first time on 11/17 (this saturday). as an honor to the chief. ha! what a douche i am. first playthrough was on normal then, way too easy. cannot wait for my heroic and maybe legendary playthroughs. will start the second playthrough right after i´ve finished the first. loving the halo gameplay. it´s no secret: halo is best played on heroic. only finished reach on legendary, every other halo on heroic.
    spartan ops is a great alternative to firefight. it´s awesome. halo 4 is a great deal. you can replay the campaign several times, spartan ops and the “never gets old” competitive multiplayer.
    @Gadzooks: “It took a little acclimatising to get used to 343′s take on Halo….”
    same here. i am really liking it now though. i am not yet thinking it is the best halo i have ever played and it still feels a bit strange to me with the loadouts and it´s overall much more darker approach….but it is just a fantastic game and the more i play it the more i am starting to love it. they did a great job with halo 4 and i cannot wait for what they´ll come up with next. we´ll then have halo in very good hands AND bungies next thing. that´s a true win win situation if you ask me…

6. absolutezero

Played through till the mid-point of Chapter 3. Have’nt gone back, have no desire to return right now either. Enemies just irritated me, its like they looked at the Jackal and thought :

“How can we make this guy even more of a pain? Ok lets make him fly, shield other enemies and run away when under fire. PERFECT!”

Then they put in Jackals anyway.

7. AmiralPatate

“Also, 43,335,060 Halo 4 achievements have been unlocked. That’s 1,410,025,354 in multiplayer, 2,675,140,836 in campaign, and 505,250,095 in Spartan Ops.”

At first, I thought “wait… what?”, then I realised. The article should rather read :

“That’s 1,410,025,354 in multiplayer, 2,675,140,836 in campaign, and 505,250,095 in Spartan Ops. Also, 43,335,060 Halo 4 achievements have been unlocked.”

Makes much more sense to me.

EDIT:
    And the “16m hours in multiplayer which amounted to 4,590,416,285 kills” bit suggests all the 4.5 billion kills are all MP, while the aforementionned paragraph suggests it’s 4.5 billions kills accross all modes.
    I’d rather say : “31.4m hours which amounted to 4.5b kills – 16m hours in MP…”