SWTOR F2P option and Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated live

Thursday, 15th November 2012 21:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Star Wars: The Old Republic’s free-to play option has gone live, and it allows players to complete the storylines of all eight classes to level 50 for free.

Also today, BioWare released Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated, which adds new areas to explore, a new Companion character and more.

Here’s the blurb on the update:

• Get ready for an action-packed adventure to earn control of one of the galaxy’s most deadly Assassins, HK-51. Submerged beneath the icy surface of Belsavis lies a derelict ship and if you are brave enough to venture through the wreckage, you will embark on a mission that ultimately rewards you with a powerful new, yet familiar, ally the ruthless Assassin Droid, HK-51.
  • Explore Section X, a previously untouched area of the prison world of Belsavis. The Dread Masters’ servants are searching for a powerful and ancient weapon. Fly to Section X and secure the target of their search to be richly rewarded.
  • Travel to Denova to take on Operation: Explosive Conflict – now with a Nightmare Mode! Teams who complete in this new mode can earn the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set and a brand new mount that will be sure to cause tank envy.

Screens are below.

1. YoungZer0

“SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!”

Lawl.

2. David Kerr

That is awesome! Clearly the right way to go. I know they spent a lot of money on the game, but it was no way near worth as much as WoW, and trying to compete was just stupid.
    I am quite happy to pay a bit extra to get a bit more from the game when I get back into it but I wouldn’t want to pay the monthly fee for a few hours of playing time.
    Don’t get me wrong, it IS a good game! Very pleased to give it another shot.
    Hope I haven’t deleted it off my hard drive…

… Shit.

3. jevonski

looks pretty decent better than most f2p conversions imo.

4. Erthazus

This thing for free is already too much for me, I will never play this shit again.

5. Karlito23

There are tons of features added and changes in SWTOR patch 1.5 this is according to what I read. But for me the exciting part is what are the things you can buy in Cartel Market to boost your gameplay.

Just like to share and add something (if in case some might find this post useful) – just recently read this post about SWTOR Patch 1.5 Highlights – Release Date and Patch Notes where highlights of the SWTOR patch 1.5 are well detailed discussed, as well how to acquire the new assassin droid HK-51 and missions in Section-X.