DmC: Devil May Cry PS3 demo launching in Japan next week

Wednesday, 14th November 2012 08:54 GMT By Dave Cook

DmC: Devil May Cry is to receive a PS3 demo on Japanese PSN next week. It’s a new slice of gameplay that will be different from the recent TGS build. Get the details below.

Gematsu reports from the pages of Famitsu that the demo will hit Japanese PSN on Wednesday, November 21st.

DmC: Devil May Cry’s first DLC was outed this week. ‘Vergil’s Downfall’ will put you in control of Dante’s brother and is set to launch after the game’s release. It will explain Vergil’s backstory, offer new combos and more.

You can check out the Vergil’s Downfall gameplay trailer here:

1. Takeshi

Nice, looking forward to playing it. I haven’t been much into Devil May Cry since the first three games. Very happy that Ninja Theory was given the mantle by Capcom this time around. Hopefully it’s going to be different but still a great game.

2. Greek God

This game will share the same fate as Ninja Gaiden 3
    just to appeal to a bigger audience it sacrificed everything it was good for
    hard combat
    60 fps

But i will try the demo and decide if “maybe” ill buy it for 20 bucks some months after release..

3. MadFingerz

O.o Have you seen anything about the game lately? Doesn’t seem like they are sacrificing the hard combat…huh, at least you are willing to try the demo, that’s more that can be said of most haters..

4. Greek God

so you tell me from all shown gameplay vids you dont think the enemys behave like theyre sleeping or sth.?
    And DT is now the “press to win button basiclly” hilarious

and harder difficulties will certanly not change how fast the enemys will be only damage output will be increased..

5. MadFingerz

So you tell me you never heard of recording gameplay on an easier setting in order to showcase (in this case) all the different moves without having to make countless attempts? It’s only something used on most gameplay videos…

Read this

6. Greek God

Like i said the difficulty will not change how fast the enemys attack they will be just stronger. Slow Enemys are no threat especially in a game like DMC

7. MadFingerz

Excuse me but where is it written that the difficulty only changes how strong the enemies are?

Also:
    “Son of Sparda – Remixed enemy layouts, tougher enemies and enemy BEHAVIOR throughout.”

But whatever, continue doing your own assumptions.

8. Greek God

you dont get it ..

if you watch some vids you ll notice from the point where an enemy starts up his attack until the strike occurs there passes just too much time almost 3 seconds!! this it too slow for veteran players like me to be an actual challenge.

9. YoungZer0

No, you don’t get it. MadFingerz already said it twice. That the fuck do you think “ENEMY BEHAVIOR” means? Hm?

10. Greek God

the animation of an attack will remain the same even on higher difficulties
    so this means if an enemy uses a attack which is 3 seconds long on normal, it will be 3 seconds on very hard for example aswell.

and enemy behaviour means being more defensive or agressive.
    lol thx

11. Ireland Michael

Actually, most of the footage has been recorded on hard.

What a lot of people don’t seem to realise is that the kinds of combos being seen in the recent videos are pretty hardcore stuff, and the average player won’t be able to pull that off on a whim.

In the previous games enemies wouldn’t get a single hit in if you know what you’re doing either, so it’s a moot point. Combat looks exceptional. You’re just one of those stuck in the past fanboys who wants to create faults where there aren’t any, about everything, simply because part of it doesn’t prescribe to your limited tastes.

12. Greek God

no its just to easy for me. In old games enemys were much much faster and if its true what you say
    “Actually, most of the footage has been recorded on hard.”
    then i have already my proof and dont need even trying the demo

13. absolutezero

14. YoungZer0

Gross. What the fuck is he doing?

15. Ireland Michael

@12 Have you actually played it?

“then i have already my proof and dont need even trying the demo”

Your proof being that the person playing isn’t shit and actuslly knows what they’re doing? Okay then.

See ya. You won’t be missed.

16. Greek God

you must be ignorant Ireland Michael
    i already said many times that the enemys are too slow for my taste
    nothing else

and i based that on your last post
    “Actually, most of the footage has been recorded on hard.”

17. absolutezero

Crawling in his skin.

His wound, it will not heal.

18. YoungZer0

Oh, the positive previews are getting much more positive:

“Best DMC since DMC3″

19. MadFingerz

-_-

Every similar game has one/two slow enemy types, even past DMC games. Faster, deadlier enemies start showing up as the game progresses. How many enemy types have we already seen from this game anyway? 2, 3? Yeah…

20. Ireland Michael

@16 The enemis aren’t “too slow” because not not every enemy attacks that slow.

21. Greek God

then show me a video where there are enemys that are faster

madfingerz
    we know already 9 different types of enemys

sry loool dont know the exact names XD
    normal grunt
    grunt chainsaw
    shield grunt
    mini angel babys
    ice enemy
    fire enemy
    fat enemy
    dog/cat enemy
    sword grunt

22. Ireland Michael

@21 I don’t need to. I’ve played it.

23. absolutezero

The games is going to be a massive success whether you like it or not. I stopped really caring awhile ago, I’m not going to buy it for reasons previously stated.

Props to Ninja Theory for bring around as many people as they have. I’ll be looking forward to them creating something original and bright like Enslaved again.

24. ManuOtaku

I cannot wait for this game, i love ninja theory games, and i think their vision will do wonders for this game, better than capcom thats for sure, in this regard i prefer them over platinum, for this specific game series, due the past history of this series.

25. absolutezero

Oh Jesus I just watched that OXM preview.

“I have played half the game.”

“Its not out until next year.”

“Its already on my game of the year list”

GARMES JURNOLISM

also “better than Bayonetta”

26. Ireland Michael

@25 I’m not really sure what your point. He obviously think the gameplay and combat is strong enough to be one of the best games for the year.

Bayonetta was my game of 2010, and that came out in January.

27. absolutezero

Were you telling people that Bayonetta was your game of the year in November 2009 though? Having not even played the finished product?

I bet you were! In fact I’m sure you were!

28. MadFingerz

Jesus fucking christ…Game of the year LIST.

And so what? When a game is good and you really get into it, do you actually need to play it for 100 hours before you can say “Oh, I really l ike this game”?

You don’t want to give this game a chance, fine, just don’t. But don’t flame everyone who is willing to, ffs.

29. absolutezero

ffs just because you think this game looks great does not mean you have to bite at every complaint aimed towards it.

30. MadFingerz

Talking about the pot calling the kettle black…

Sorry if I sounded mad, I’m not, I just find all the hate around it to be utterly stupid.

And who said I think it looks great? I actually have conflicting thoughts about it but I’ll only properly judge it after I actually play it…If your complaints were valid, I would understand, but they are not.

31. absolutezero

It was a joke you silly sausage.

32. MadFingerz

Lol, next time add a damn smiley to your post, it’s not like humour gets across well through test! Silly sausage is funny, I’m totally stealing that.