Black Ops 2 PS3 users reporting freezing issues, Activision looking into the matter

Wednesday, 14th November 2012 17:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Black Ops 2 PS3 users have reported connectivity issues, and Activision has said it’s working on a fix.

However, the issues aren’t limited to the PS3 version, as Xbox 360 and PC users are also reporting freezing – the problem just seems more prevalent at present on the Sony console.

“We are aware of connectivity issues that some players are facing in Black Ops II on PlayStation 3. We are working on resolution, thank you,” Activision tweeted earlier, per CVG.

The firm suggests PC users experiencing freezing issues make sure their drivers are updated.

1. Mike W

The last couple of COD titles all had issues online. But this may be due to the amount of players trying to connect online.

#1 1 year ago
  2. TD_Monstrous69

OK, here’s some of the problems I’ve encountered when playing Black Ops II on my PS3;
    - At the end of the 1st mission in the campaign, the frame rate does freeze for a second, for there was a lot going on on screen, but overall, a not a huge irritant.
    - About a little after the middle of the 3rd mission (the mission with the horses), I notice when leaving a village, one of the people riding with you (while still on horse back) leans aside as you go through the village entrance (both him and the horse lean to the side), not so much irritating, as kinda funny.
    - Tried to play zombies, said the servers were down, WTF Treyarch?
    - When playing online, noticed a couple of times where connection was shitty, and found out that the host’s connection was shit. I’m not blaming Treyarch for that, but I will say, get ya shit together as far as host allocation’s concerned.

Other than these complaints, I’m having a blast with Black Ops II.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Gekidami

This is a little confusing, it would seem that there are connectivity AND freezing issues. the article sort of goes about as if they’re one and the same.

Connectivity is to be expected considering the amount of people slamming the servers, freezing is gonna need a patch.

#3 1 year ago
  4. OrbitMonkey

The only problem I’m having… Ie not knowing what I’m doing…

I can run n gun just fine, but perk allocation & equipment choice is just pot luck at the mo.

This is good though, its like a whole new game :-)

#4 1 year ago
  5. ManuOtaku

#4 “This is good though, its like a whole new game”

Orbit i hope that is the case, is my pay back time, for the previous handling my ass over on MW2 and MW3, i hope i can take my revenge to those call of dutys veterans, in a fair matter that is

#5 1 year ago
  6. ZombieHunter79

Mine freezes when im in multiplayer about to start a free for all match seconds before countdown. its SUPER IRRITATING TREYARCH!!!WTH???

#6 1 year ago
  7. iTWiST3D

Dear [3ARC] Please deliver us a patch reguarding the issue where your latest game: Call Of Duty – Black Ops II keeps freezing during loading screen.

Thanks, Bobby.~

#7 1 year ago
  8. OrbitMonkey

@6+7, Super irritating indeed. Started freezing on me last night, needed to hard reset my PS3 6 times :-(

And then the servers were fucked & couldn’t get a public match for love nor money :’(

All these server issues & online problems… Man I feel like a pc gamer :-/

#8 1 year ago
  9. Thejoker1891

My PS3 get freezingevery 5 min whit BLACK OPS 2, i have no problems with any of my other games….

#9 1 year ago
  10. blais143

I CANNOT PLAY A SINGLE MULTIPLAYER MATCH WITHOUT MY CONSOLE FREEZING UP SOLID! I HAVE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO HARD RESTART EVERYTIME, THEN WAIT WHILE IT RESTARTS AND ANALYZES THE SYSTEM BECAUSE IT WAS SHUTDOWN IMPROPERLY.. SO AGGERVATING!!!!!!!! NEED A SOLUTION ASAP

#10 1 year ago
  11. blais143

IF YOUR HAVING THIS ISSUE TOO PLEASE SPEAK UP THEY ARE TREATING THIS LIKE ITS AN ISOLATED INCIDENT FOR A FEW SELECT USERS THANK YOU

#11 1 year ago
  12. reask

Hav,nt played a game since thursday but for the most part it,s working ok on my ps3.

A bit of lag on and off but pretty smooth most of the time.
    Heck I actually came first on my third ffa match which is pretty good for me :).
    In Ireland btw.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Erthazus

Console gaming.

#13 1 year ago
  14. TormDevil

The game should work out of the box, thats what you pay for and yet everyone is having countless issues with a game that hasn’t been finished. Also,I’ve been told to buy a new Xbox360 as the game was designed to run on newer systems by Activision CS and not the old ones, whether if that’s true or not, I don’t know. But my copy has been refunded.

#14 1 year ago
  15. cutie420chicky21

I love Black Ops, but recently purchased, months in advance I might add, Black Ops II. I have had trouble since day one. I went to go pick it up, didnt have ID, had to wait. The next day my Internet got shut off. You would think by this time I would just forget it because the signs are playing against me. Finally got it, brought it home, popped it in, countdown to Nuketown 2025 got to 1, then the game froze…..such a disappointment. My playstation did a hard reset. I have not played a complete match since this game came out. The furthest I got with this game is on combat training on the boat, got to kill one person, then it froze. I’m a such a sad person :’(

#15 1 year ago
  16. G1GAHURTZ

^ Should have got a 360.

#16 1 year ago
  17. cookie

My console froze just after the barge sunk in the campaign! so had to switch off at the mains then tried again same thing but this time my console rebooted and restore files?

#17 1 year ago
  18. ethio77

MINE WILL FREEZE ON MULTIPLAYER & CAMPAIGN AND I CALLED TREYARCH AND THEY SAY XBOX 360 ARE HAVING EVEN WORST ISSUES WHICH I DONT BELIEVE.I MIGHT GET TWO GAMES IN HERE AND THERE AND THEN THE BS STARTS.BUT I SEE OTHER PPL PLAYING EVERY DAY BARELY ANY ISSUES.WHERES THE DAMN PATCH.

#18 1 year ago
  19. UGF-Stub-Toe

Take them to court , money grabbing baskets, they don’t give 2 s***s about the gamers, it’s all about the money money….

#19 1 year ago