DmC: Devil May Cry getting playable Vergil DLC, watch gameplay here

Monday, 12th November 2012 16:20 GMT By Dave Cook

DmC: Devil May Cry will give players the option of playing as Dante’s brother Vergil, but he’s not an unlockable, he’s DLC. The ‘Vergil’s Downfall’ expansion will disclose Vergil’s backstory and put you in charge of the katana wielding resistance leader. Watch the debut gameplay footage below.

Intrepid NeoGaf member Rockman zx found the clip, and posted the following synopsis:

Experience a brand new chapter of the DmC Devil May Cry adventure with Vergil’s Downfall, additional content that tells the untold story of Dante’s twin brother Vergil. Downloadable* from XBLA and PSN, Vergil’s Downfall contains hours of new gameplay, 4 difficulty levels and the opportunity to play as one of the most wanted Devil May Cry characters, Vergil, with an all new storyline, weapons, combos, enemies and locations.

Vergil’s Downfall will be available shortly after launch for 720 MS points and €8.99 / £7.29 on PlayStation Network.

Here’s some gameplay footage:

We’ve contacted Capcom for a response to the above.

1. YoungZer0

So it’s getting good DLC after all. Wonder if it also includes proper story elements and not just gameplay and a few cutscenes.

2. Ireland Michael

Now this is the kind of DLC I can approve of.

Capcom said they were paying heed to feedback after the controversy surrounding Street Fighter X Tekken. Hopefully this is a sign of future directions for these guys,

3. tezzer1985

I’m interested to see where Ninja Theory take the story of DMC, which has always been the weak aspect of the past DMC games.

Does anyone till this day know who Nero is?

And just to be a troll….it’s Capcom so I guess the DLC is on the disk..looool

4. YoungZer0

@3: In some interview it was confirmed that Nero is the Son of Vergil, nothing more was said.

btw. the game is still being developed by NT, not Capcom and their twitter post to the trailer had the hashtag ‘#notondisc’. :P

I never played the DLC to Enslaved, but i heard very good things about it.

5. tezzer1985

@4 I thought as much, or he was Vergil’s son.

Hahaha, I know it’s not on disc, I was being dumb, looking forward to DMC.

6. YoungZer0

I knew that you knew, i just thought the hashtag was worth mentioning. :O

7. Ireland Michael

Capcom trolling themselves? Hahaha.

8. Greek God

wow 4 dlc’s already we know of and the game is still 2+months away

9. OlderGamer

That is what came to my mind too Greek God.

10. TheOutcastWolf

Please no DLC’s… I am a huge fan of this but only when it is worth the price and experience… I’m not even sure if this game will be worth buying (then again, it is not Dante that bugs me, only that the game style is different, futuristic… I am a fan of the original games’ contrast between modern and gothic art, mainly in the cathedrals)

It should be as DMC4 and include Vergil on-disk, just like Dante on DMC4

11. Dark

I can clearly see that, they put a huge effort in the story and in the levels design!
    but sadly the gameplay doesn’t seem that interesting.

12. FeaturePreacher

Can’t wait for this to fail so Capcom can make Devil May Cry 5 on the next gen platforms. Hopefully they could work something out with Platinum.

13. YoungZer0

@12: Pray harder.

14. Greek God

FeaturePreacher@

that would be awesome 0_0

15. YoungZer0

You people are insanely disgusting. How someone can take such joy in a company’s possible failure (for striving to deliver something new and refreshing i might add) is beyond my comprehension.

16. Eversor

will DMC eventually hit pc?

17. YoungZer0

@16: Yes. Tameem Antoniade confirmed that they are going to release the game on PC a few months after the console launch. With 60 fps.

btw. and i think this is worth mentioning.

I just read on Tameem Antoniades personal Twitter Account that the DLC is going to be Free. That’s rather weird.

18. noherczeg

#12 It’s not DMC5, how many times does this need to be said, seriously….

#15 And all of the youtube videos are filled with those rants too.

It makes me really sad tbh.

- NT listened to the masses and remodelled Dante
    - the combat has a nice feel to it (people should see before their noses, and notice how awesome it was in the story trailer)
    - the OST WILL ROCK OUR SOCKS
    - it has a nice story in it, bashes society, and so on.

Why can’t this be considered as a really nice effort to create something fresh and great?

19. YoungZer0

@18: Because his hair is BLACK! Jesus, man. Don’t you get it?!

Seriously, this kind of behaviour is the reason why i don’t consider myself a fan anymore. I don’t want to be confused with those people.

Although i doubt most of them even are fans.

20. Ireland Michael

@18 “the combat has a nice feel to it”

They don’t care about the gameplay. They’re too busy getting upset by the fact that the game’s old identity has been thrown out the window for a new one. They would rather stick with the previous games’ contrived “animu” identity which was only ever intended to appeal to socially insecure, culturally ignorant Japanese teenagers that never left their bedrooms (I.E. most anime) anyway.

“the OST WILL ROCK OUR SOCKS”

People will think the music sucks because it’s not the same shitty nu-metal crap that was popular back when the originals were released. The new game’s music actually has some history behind it, with a long association with the game’s inspired art direction… one far older than the ignorant “emo” label being naively associated with it.

“it has a nice story in it, bashes society, and so on.”

But… But…

I should have been one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIGHT!

21. YoungZer0

Lawl.

btw. Noisia released a Soundtrack Sample:

Not really a fan of dubstep, but i do like Noisia’s previous work. Definitely like how dark it is. And people who might not like dubstep still have Combichrist.

22. noherczeg

Combichrist did it too :)

23. Ireland Michael

Yeah, loving the shit out of the music for this game.

24. osric90

I’m gonna be honest… I HATED this game by the previous material, but it’s starting to grow in me. Even more when there’s only a couple of interesting games to be released next year and the last ones for this year are almost null.