Thu, Nov 08, 2012 | 13:40 GMT
Make Something Unreal Live 2013 shortlist announced
Epic Games has announced the shortlist of 12 teams which will progress into the next round of its Make Something Unreal Live 2013 competition.
Candidates created concepts such as variation, mutation and other characteristics of the human genome, with Epic, Wellcome, and Stephen Gaffney, CEO of Fireteam judging the pitches.
Here’s the shortlist, with the team, university, and concept title in order:
- Dead Shark Triplepunch – Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden – Loch Ness
- DN-ARK – Université Montpellier 3 Paul Valéry, France – DN-ARK
- Team Fat Totem – University of Abertay, Dundee – Fat Totem
- Frobot Studios – Staffordshire University -UGENE
- Legendary Muffin – Anglia Ruskin University -Regen
- Ludorum Studios -Staffordshire University -Psych
- Team Polymorph -Staffordshire University -Polymorph
- Stafford Uni Freshers -Staffordshire University -(untitled)
- Static Games -Bournemouth University -Mendel’s Farm
- Team Catalyst -Northumbria & Newcastle University -Phenotype
- Team Diploid -University of Abertay, Dundee -Team Diploid
- Team Summit -University Of Abertay, Dundee -Beings
All teams will arrive in London during the beginning of December to present the works-in-progress to the judging panel, where four teams will be selected to compete in the grand final at Gadget Show Live April 2013.
At the Gadget Show Live, finalists will work on their games live on the show floor in front of the judges and the public visitors to the show.
The overall winning team will be announced on the final day of the show, and handed a commercial Unreal Engine 4 licence for PC digital distribution.